ADVERTISEMENT

Riverheads Shuts Out RappCo to punch ticket to state tournament.

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
The Fitzgerald cousins, sophomore Ethan and freshman Holden, combined to twirl a five hitter at visiting Rappahannock County this evening as the Big Red took advantage of much more pleasant than expected weather conditions and posted a 5-0 shutout over the visiting Panthers. With the win the Gladiators will now advance to the Region 1-B championship game against William Campbell but more importantly, they will also advance to state tournament play.

Fans in the stands were checking on the WC game throughout the evening, as the number 5 seeded Generals hit the road for the second time in the playoffs and for the second time, surprised the home team as they too posted a shutout, 6-0 in fact over the number one seed Buffalo Gap. As a result the Bison season will end sooner than expected and there will be no matchup of county rivals to decide the regional crown.

GRRRR!!!! At this moment, I have NO IDEA what happened to the full recap I just wrote for you. When I hit the post button, only the first two paragraphs appeared. So unless some kind of miracle occurs, that may be all she wrote this time because I would have no idea how to retrieve the rest of it. Anyway, next up is RHS hosting William Campbell at a time to be announced for the Region 1-B crown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT