ADVERTISEMENT

RMA / FISHBURNE game

Aug 12, 2015
At the half Friday afternoon, the officials deemed fold unplayable. Win was awarded to RMA because they were leading 21 to 0. Shouldn't this game have to be finished??

I guess given that VISAA allows teams to forfeit without penalty, a team can quit any time they want during a game without penalty.

It was a beautiful blue sky day in Roanoke. Was there rain somewhere else? Or why was the field deemed unplayable at half time? Where played?

Wow...

Game was at Fishburne and apparently it was a monsoon and field was a giant swamp. Refs deemed field unplayable, not sure either team quit playing. Game was stopped as teams were heading to locker rooms. I thought a weather delay wad continued where it was stopped.

I guess given that VISAA allows teams to forfeit without penalty...

Yeah. Let's ask Massanutten if the VISAA punishes teams that forfeit. They're in the midst of a two-year playoff ban for the stunt they pulled last year on Roanoke Catholic.

2/3 of the state had excessive rainfall all week. I know parts of the Richmond area received 8.5 inches just on Wednesday. Then more came in Thursday and Friday. May have been pretty in Roanoke, but it was nasty in the Piedmont and coastal areas.

Go figure on the weather. Sometimes it is good to be out in God's country. Other times, we're just out in the country...

I know that playoff ban for Massanutten is disappointing. All sarcasm aside, I am glad that VISAA did something. I don't think Norfolk Christian received any punishment when they forfeited a senior day game at North Cross three or four years ago.

Reactions: doug va
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT