ADVERTISEMENT

Roanoke Catholic 42 Kenston Forest 16

I sincerely hope you are wrong about this. That would be wrong on so many levels and any team that would intentionally lose a game so they can avoid playing someone does not deserve to be playing in the championship game.

It seems way more likely to me that, having been told by the VISAA they were locked into a home game, they rested a lot of their best players for most of the Kenston game. There were too many variables for Catholic to lose on purpose in an effort to lock the bracket. They were going to face someone beatable no matter what (they had beaten Huguenot already and, I think, would have had an easier time with IWA or Broadwater due to travel distance) and they were going to play at home no matter what. Why risk injury?

So I absolutely accept that they might have thrown the Kenston game in Week 11, but I seriously doubt they were thinking as far ahead as Rustonrifle seems to think. I agree with Joe, however, that that would be extremely disturbing if true, but I will need a lot more convincing to believe it.

It's ridiculous to suggest Catholic laid down in the final regular season game of the year against Kenston. For those of you throwing out possible conspiracy theories...did you even bother to research the game? Lol. It was a freezing cold and rainy night in Roanoke that night. The game got moved from Catholic's home field at the very last minute because the field lights were malfunctioning They had to play the game at another stadium in Roanoke that RCS had never played in before...and it was senior night. And KF got 21 points off of bad snaps to the punter in that game. Two TD's off of bad punt snaps were actually recovered in the endzone and another bad punt snap led to KF recovering the ball inside the 10 yd line...which they promptly ran in for a score. RCS doesn't have enough players to rest players. Only 13-14 players actually ever see the field for them in any given game... Plus, you do have the psychological pull on the RCS players that that game didn't mean anything because they were already hosting a playoff game the next week, and that might have been some of the reason for the uninspired play...but that's a big difference from suggesting the coaching staff actually coached the players to lay down or that they played a bunch of 9th graders in the last regular season game of the year on senior night to lose on purpose so they could host a weaker team in the playoffs.

And if that kind of "information" is coming from a "D4" coach - it sounds like he's still chafed from losing to RCS at some point this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT