ADVERTISEMENT

Russell Wilson

Kenneth Harris

VaPreps Varsity
Jun 22, 2022
Is still the most successful football player in the history of high school football to come out of Virginia. Can he be surpassed? That is the only question.

Is still the most successful football player in the history of high school football to come out of Virginia. Can he be surpassed? That is the only question.
Are u serious?! 🤣🤣🤣 You really gonna try to compare him to Lawrence Taylor?! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ LT is considered by most as the best defensive player of ALL TIME.

I think we have have to seperate LT from Lawrence Taylor. Yes. My choice for the most successful football player to ever come out of Virginia is Russell Wilson. I think you have to consider this fact: Las Vegas has taken over professional sports like it had not during the 1980s. The NFL, MLB, NBA, MLS and NHL have less integrity than boxing and much less than the WWE. LT is the best defensive player of all time. Lawrence Taylor lost control of LT and Russell Wilson is a much better human being. I love 'em both.

Reactions: springer76
Charles Haley has 5 rings. Willie Lanier is the OG great player. It's hard to claim Russell Wilson since he is the reason the Seahawks didn't win back to back Superbowls. Lawrence Taylor regardless of his off the field issues would be considered the best football player that Virginia has produced. Blind side protection is because of him. Hard to argue against his greatness.

LT #1. Then Michael Vick for sure.

Heck Kam Chancellor was a VA product and a better Seahawk player from the same team as Russell Wilson .

Reactions: TDKLIGHTSOUT
Matt Shaub (Ithink his hometown is in GA, UVA grad) did well, and Tyrod Taylor
Schaub is from PA originally. Aaron Brooks had a solid run as QB for the Saints before Drew Brees. Herman Moore and Chris Long are two others who had solid NFL careers. Moore could've been a Hall of Famer if he had played for a team with a good QB.

I think we have have to seperate LT from Lawrence Taylor. Yes. My choice for the most successful football player to ever come out of Virginia is Russell Wilson. I think you have to consider this fact: Las Vegas has taken over professional sports like it had not during the 1980s. The NFL, MLB, NBA, MLS and NHL have less integrity than boxing and much less than the WWE. LT is the best defensive player of all time. Lawrence Taylor lost control of LT and Russell Wilson is a much better human being. I love 'em both.
You clearly need to do more research on both Russell Wilson the football player and Russell Wilson the human being. LT had his very public demons but, you might find if you look a little deeper that Wilson is not the choirboy you portray. Both are/were very good football players.

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
You clearly need to do more research on both Russell Wilson the football player and Russell Wilson the human being. LT had his very public demons but, you might find if you look a little deeper that Wilson is not the choirboy you portray. Both are/were very good football players.
I choose Russell Wilson. I never used the word choir or boy. Lawrence Taylor will always be the defensive standard. I still go with Wilson.

I choose Russell Wilson. I never used the word choir or boy. Lawrence Taylor will always be the defensive standard. I still go with Wilson.
True you did not call him a choirboy but, you did call him a much better human being, something that those close to both athletes might have different opinions about. You are correct as well that you are entitled to go with whoever you wish.

True you did not call him a choirboy but, you did call him a much better human being, something that those close to both athletes might have different opinions about. You are correct as well that you are entitled to go with whoever you wish.
I think the young men coming out of high school and entering college that are among that 0.0001% that will make it to the NFL are dealing with something that no parent, player or fan was ever prepared for. Even if 1 person saw it coming, it is here now and these modern kids are forced to adapt to it with no training and it isn't even a sport. It has no shape; no physical form and yet it has the ability to either provide extreme wealth and fame or to completely annihilate. And yet, it has a name. Do you know what it is? So that is why I pick Russell Wilson. Of the 3(?) dudes from Virginia that were on the Seahawks when they blasted Denver in the Super Bowl he was the leader of the team.

I think the young men coming out of high school and entering college that are among that 0.0001% that will make it to the NFL are dealing with something that no parent, player or fan was ever prepared for. Even if 1 person saw it coming, it is here now and these modern kids are forced to adapt to it with no training and it isn't even a sport. It has no shape; no physical form and yet it has the ability to either provide extreme wealth and fame or to completely annihilate. And yet, it has a name. Do you know what it is? So that is why I pick Russell Wilson. Of the 3(?) dudes from Virginia that were on the Seahawks when they blasted Denver in the Super Bowl he was the leader of the team.
I think what you are referring to could be any number of things and people from all walks of life are forced to deal with things they are not necessarily prepared for everyday. That being said I am going to guess social media. Like I said you are entitled to choose whoever and your choice is not unreasonable going on football ability and accomplishments. I just do not believe that because LT had some very public demons, maybe even a disease, that they make him a lesser human being which I believe was inferred, intentionally or unintentionally, when you identified Russell Wilson as a much better human being in explaining your choice. Note, I am not calling Wilson a bad human being and merely suggested he might have some of his own demons, just less public. Both, in my opinion, are great football players and on the short list of all time greats from Virginia.

I think what you are referring to could be any number of things and people from all walks of life are forced to deal with things they are not necessarily prepared for everyday. That being said I am going to guess social media. Like I said you are entitled to choose whoever and your choice is not unreasonable going on football ability and accomplishments. I just do not believe that because LT had some very public demons, maybe even a disease, that they make him a lesser human being which I believe was inferred, intentionally or unintentionally, when you identified Russell Wilson as a much better human being in explaining your choice. Note, I am not calling Wilson a bad human being and merely suggested he might have some of his own demons, just less public. Both, in my opinion, are great football players and on the short list of all time greats from Virginia.
Social media/virus. Same thing. There is a reason why 1.5 billion people are a member of an organization that not only controls about half of the top high school football teams in America, but the top college football with the best tv deal and also covered up pedophile activity amongst their leaders while men make excuses for the behavior and still operates at full power. That reason? People love people with power no matter the cost. There are limitations. Let me know when and if Russell Wilson does anything remotely close to what the Popes of Rome, Catholic priests, Penn State, Michigan State or Lawrence Taylor has done. You have to pick a side. I know where I stand. I pick Russell Wilson. Virginia has only produced the best.

4. Russ,Cam,Harvin and Michael Robinson. The Virginia Seahawks lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT