ADVERTISEMENT

Setting the Record Straight: The 1995 Region A Girls Tourney.........

NNDman

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
Nandua defeat Essex in the championship round. Nandua had a heck of a team with Kim Giddens. In fact, I'm pretty sure they were the first Eastern Shore to win a girls basketball title. Essex defeated King & Queen Central in the semifinals. I know all this because I witnessed it with my own two eyes. Games were played at New Kent.

Reactions: croakerfishin
Nandua defeat Essex in the championship round. Nandua had a heck of a team with Kim Giddens. In fact, I'm pretty sure they were the first Eastern Shore to win a girls basketball title. Essex defeated King & Queen Central in the semifinals. I know all this because I witnessed it with my own two eyes. Games were played at New Kent.
Back then the girls played in the fall. Was it the 1994 King and Queen girls who won the Region? Those girls would have graduated in 1995, which is where some of the confusion might have been

Kim is a great person! Went to college with her and she was just as dominant there. Her son now plays for Nandua and he takes right after his mother.

I was a senior at EHS in 95. That’s how I remember it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT