ADVERTISEMENT

South County 50 - Fairfax 7 (Updated)

falcettik

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 3, 2004
COMMENT (3:00 pm Friday): If you saw the title on my original post I had the score 43-7. That was because I left with just seconds on the clock and SC about 60 yards from the end zone after FFX punted. Guess I was wrong and I guess taking a knee for the final play wasn't appropriate with a 36 point lead. Then again, that mentality sort of fits given that SC was using backups after obtaining a 35-7 lead midway through the 4th quarter, until they re-inserted the starting QB for one play when they faced a 4th and 15 at the FFX 42 yard line with about 6-7 minutes left. That 4th down play led to the score that pushed the lead to 43-7. Then they go for another score with seconds on the clock? Good sportmanship? Or getting your team reps? You decide.

South County's offense mostly sputtered until midway into the second quarter when they found their rhythm, then they maintained that efficiency in the second half to get a convincing 50-7 victory and rolling up about 500 yards of offense. South County had at least 10 plays that went between 21 and 96 yards, with four of the big plays resulting directly in scores. Game drive summary:

FFX - punt
SC - 95 yards, scoring on a 96 yard pass, 7-0
FFX - INT in the SC end zone
SC - punt
FFX - punt
SC - fumble recovered by FFX on the SC 5
FFX - 5 yards, scoring on a 5 yard run, 7-7
SC - punt after a fumble on a pitch resulted in a 21 yard loss
FFX - TOD at SC 43
SC - 59 yards, scoring on a 30 yard run set up by a 29 yard run, 14-7
FFX - punt
SC - punt
FFX - INT on the goal line as time expired

SC - 80 yards, scoring on a 76 yard pass, 20-7
FFX - big play on first down with a 33 yard run to the SC 27, TOD at the SC 22
SC - 78 yards, scoring on a 30 yard pass, 28-7
FFX - punt
SC - 90 yards, scoring on a 12 yard pass set up by a 36 yard pass and a 21 yard run, 36-7
FFX - TOD at the SC 23
SC - 73 yards, scoring on a 5 yard run set up by a 23 yard run and a 33 yard pass on 4th and 15, 43-7
FFX - punt as time was about to expire
SC - scores again, 50-7

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT