ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Predictions

Pick a Possible Upset for Saturday's Games

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
Last week of 2021 HS Football. What a year. CalPreps.com & Massey Ratings just posted their predictions for Saturday's State Final Championship Games.

CLASS 3 CHAMPIONSHIP
Liberty Christian vs. Phoebus 4:30pm [Liberty Christian 31-19]

Massey Rating
Liberty Christian A. 33 73% COW
Phoebus 21 26% COW

CLASS 4 CHAMPIONSHIP
Broad Run vs. Varina 12:00pm [Broad Run 27-20]

Massey Ratings
Broad Run 27 69% COW
Varina 20 31% COW

CLASS 5 CHAMPIONSHIP
Stone Bridge vs. Maury 4:30pm [Stone Bridge 35-22]

Massey Ratings
Stone Bridge 37 79% COW
Maury 21 21% COW

CLASS 6 CHAMPIONSHIP
Smith vs. Madison 12:00pm [Smith 40-14]

Massey Ratings
Smith 37 85% COW
Madison 17 15% COW

Last edited:
Should be a great Saturday of Championship HS Football. Looks like there is no real consensus on an upset today. I will list below, according to Massey Ratings, in order of least likely to win today, the teams battling for a State Championship:

Madison 15% COW

Maury 21% COW

Phoebus 26% COW

Varina 31% COW

So, according to the above #'s, Varina has the best chance of an upset today. They may have also played the toughest schedule this Fall. IF I were to change my vote, this would be the team for me. Good luck to all the teams. I am hoping that our game plays out as the computer predictions portray. BUT, of course, the computers don't play these games!

Varina won today.. So the game with the best statistical chance for an upset panned out thus far.

And thw Massey Reports did a good job of predicting the score for the Smith game.. 42 - 17.

Almost had THREE upsets!!! Stone Bridge doing their thing, very close game.. Last second TD.

Phoebus shows up for the 757!!!! Good job guys.. My pick for the upset!!!!

757FridayNiteZ -- What's up with Ethan Vasko de-committing from ODU? He even mentioned during the post game press conference about being happy his Oscar Smith center was joining him at ODU. Quick turn about to Sunday

I'm loyal to a fault so it rubs me the wrong way to see people not honor their word,.

On the other hand ODU took tbe QB transfer from Notre Dame.. So that door seems to swing both ways.

I don't pretend to understand it at all. I just hope it works out for him.. Secretly, I was hoping UVA had woken up & realized they'd missed out with Vasko! Oh well...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT