ADVERTISEMENT

Streaming, Live Game Links

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
As I've posted previously, I'm watching a lot of live streaming of games. NFHS Network & Facebook Live are typical sites for these. So, I'll post the links to the biggest games that I plan to watch each weekend below.

NFHS Network games are also available on-demand if you purchase the annual package!!! So, you have access to those at your leisure!

Sweet. So, really good games. For me:

Thursday
Robinson vs South County

Friday
Westfield vs Centreville
Massaponax vs Colonial Forge

Saturday
O. Smith vs Deep Creek

What would be your top games this weekend?

The only one I would add, and it is compelling since I think the winner makes the playoffs is South Lakes at McLean.

Sweet. So, really good games. For me:

Thursday
Robinson vs South County

Friday
Westfield vs Centreville
Massaponax vs Colonial Forge

Saturday
O. Smith vs Deep Creek

What would be your top games this weekend?

The only one I would add, and it is compelling since I think the winner makes the playoffs is South Lakes at McLean.
South Lakes wins this one. I think that results in a chance that both SL and McLean get a slot, which means that at least two of the Concorde teams (Westfield, Chantilly, and Centreville-all of whom could beat either SL or McLean) will not get in.

Reactions: SPL311U
The Concorde will be very tough again & likely prosper in the playoffs as usual. That South County vs Robinson game was hard to watch from a defensive-minded aspect.

The Concorde will be very tough again & likely prosper in the playoffs as usual. That South County vs Robinson game was hard to watch from a defensive-minded aspect.
I was at another game last night so I did not see SC-Rob. Concorde is not what it has been in the past, I have to admit, but with a short season and far from a normal preseason that is not unexpected. Teams need to come out of the gate fast as far as performance and they don't have a full 4 months to build and refine their game. I have seen all of the Concorde teams as well as LB and Rob (some on line) and as of today, I would say that based on the SC-Rob outcome that SC has the inside track on coming out of the north.

falcettik- Agree on all your points above. SL-Mclean easily could be 5-1 each and that would put them in the top 3.
Almost a certainty there will be a 4-2 team that makes it as a 4 seed, more than likely a team from the Concorde.
Being the 1 seed may not be an advantage.

Also of note. All the scenarios assume all games will be played. Covid could rear its head (I pray it doesnt) and any missed games will impact the points.

There is a reason that Lake Braddock put up 42 points on Robinson, ... and so South County as well. The difference was that South County made the stops on defense with their athleticism and speed when they needed to. Some of the Robinson play calling on offense played right into SC's lateral speed and penetration. Robinson making a few of those 4th downs and it would have been a different game (likely still a loss though).

Their overall strategy of keeping the ball away for the SC offense and the clock running was, I think, in concept a good strategy. But with the weapons SC has, a team needs to make the stops and match them on coverage, or it will get out of control quickly. Also, SC's offense didn't get worn down, because relatively they ran few plays.

I agree w/ falcttik that SC has the inside track at this point, though I don't think is "down" year in Concorde, it is very similar to what it has been the past 4 years. Three teams beating up on each other, this year adding a fourth... Centreville playing Westfield and Madison tough, winning a couple here and there. Madison a couple of plays from winning a few of the matchups with Westfield (this year those plays landed in Madison's favor). I also think with the short and overlapping seasons across many schools in Concorde and Liberty (and others) you are not getting the multisport athletes that also compete in baseball and lacrosse that would otherwise go out for football.

Last edited:
Reactions: falcettik
falcettik- Agree on all your points above. SL-Mclean easily could be 5-1 each and that would put them in the top 3.
Almost a certainty there will be a 4-2 team that makes it as a 4 seed, more than likely a team from the Concorde.
Being the 1 seed may not be an advantage.

Also of note. All the scenarios assume all games will be played. Covid could rear its head (I pray it doesnt) and any missed games will impact the points.

...and if Wakefield makes it past Justice and wins out... :rolleyes:...

Agreed, and I should not have written them off yet.
And usually don't at the mid point of the season.
But Marshall and Wakefield played a very competitive game 19-18 (maybe) but close. Marshal won.
Marshall also got destroyed by FC, and FC lost to Justice 40-0.

Wakefield has 2 games left where they are double digit underdogs.
But yes they would be in at 5-1, as will anyone in region C or D.

Agreed, and I should not have written them off yet.
And usually don't at the mid point of the season.
But Marshall and Wakefield played a very competitive game 19-18 (maybe) but close. Marshal won.
Marshall also got destroyed by FC, and FC lost to Justice 40-0.

Wakefield has 2 games left where they are double digit underdogs.
But yes they would be in at 5-1, as will anyone in region C or D.

Yeah... that Marshall / Wakefield game got ugly...😢😕...

...and if Wakefield makes it past Justice and wins out... :rolleyes:...
I didn't realize what Wakefield's schedule was. Have to agree on your point that they control their own destiny and can get in. With the abbreviated season and no change to the power points to adjust to that, it is extremely difficult to make up from bonus points the 12 power points you lose when you suffer a defeat. It is good that other programs get a taste of playoff football, but I don't think it is a realistic picture of quality. After today we will know a whole lot more.

I think Madison's win vs Westfield is going to prove out to be bigger than most think.

So from the FC Athletics account:
Tonight’s football game vs. Edison has been cancelled. Senior night will now be next Friday vs. Lewis.
@FallsChurchHS

No reason given, and FC wasn't a big contender, but if they could have gotten to 4-2, maybe, 3-2 no shot.
Also Marshall, Madison, Justice, and Wakefield potentially lose 1 or 2 points since the assumption is that FC would have won.

Weird year, and it is much better than not playing.

Westfield vs Centreville game was what everyone expected. Went down to the last play with Westfield making a stop as time ran out to win. It made up for the South County vs Robinson game which was hard to what from a defensive standpoint!

Massaponax easily handled Colonial Forge. 51-14 The Eagles seemed to have problems at QB & had no answer vs the Panthers. Massaponax now has to be favored to come out of Reg B.

So from the FC Athletics account:
Tonight’s football game vs. Edison has been cancelled. Senior night will now be next Friday vs. Lewis.
@FallsChurchHS

No reason given, and FC wasn't a big contender, but if they could have gotten to 4-2, maybe, 3-2 no shot.
Also Marshall, Madison, Justice, and Wakefield potentially lose 1 or 2 points since the assumption is that FC would have won.

Weird year, and it is much better than not playing.

Possible covid cases within the Edison program. I think Edison wants to make it up, but come Monday, they'd have to play 3 games within 11 days. I'm not sure why Falls Church would agree to that. Because a covid cancellation is a forfeit and Falls Church would get the W without playing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT