ADVERTISEMENT

Surprise & Disappointment In 2018?

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
Who is the team in Class 6 that no one is talking about maybe we should be?

Who is the team in Class 6 that might disappoint in 2018?

Manchester may be a little hard pressed to duplicate their 11-2 season. Brendon Clark was one of the premier QB's in the state, and it will be hard to replace what he brought to the field each week. Also, they could start the season 0-2, and possibly 2-5. I don't see them going three games deep in the playoffs this year. This would be my disappointment.

As far as surprised, I don't see a team locally that will rise up enough to surprise me.

Manchester may be a little hard pressed to duplicate their 11-2 season. Brendon Clark was one of the premier QB's in the state, and it will be hard to replace what he brought to the field each week. Also, they could start the season 0-2, and possibly 2-5. I don't see them going three games deep in the playoffs this year. This would be my disappointment.

As far as surprised, I don't see a team locally that will rise up enough to surprise me.

Clark is not gone, he will be a senior in 2018.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Really? Wow. That changes a lot of what I believe. Thanks, I guess we are even for the night, LOL!

If Manchester can’t do it this year then IDK when. They are loaded with major D1 talent and several other college level players. They should go undefeated to be honest. Anything less than a state semi appearance or even a finals appearance will be falling short in my book.

And Thomas Dale adds Jasiah Williams from Dinwiddie next season. Williams was All State both ways last season as a sophomore. The surprise will be if they are not playing in the championship game.

I still say Manchester is the favorite over TD. They will no doubt be solid (TD). Be interesting to see if they can finally beat Dinwiddie. TD will certainly have a number of speedy offensive weapons and a few big name recruits. What does player 7-11 look like on the field is the question. Certainly good enough to be a major contender but I would give the Lancers my early preseason edge.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Wow, I don't think I would say, "finally beat Dinwiddie", about Thomas Dale. They have won 11 of the past 19 years. Let's don't give them any additional incentive.

I am a what have you done for me lately kind of guy when it comes to football teams. I expect this years TD bs Dinwiddie game to be much more competitive than the last few years. Either way

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Dale's offensive line will have to improve for them to be a serious contender, but with their schedule, they should be able to win at least 8 games.

With Bird, Hermitage, and Dinwiddie on the schedule I am not sure that is necessarily true. 8 wins is tough. In order to win the D6 STATE Championship they would probably need to be able to be able to beat all of them. They better do a better job containing Peety Pope this year. They have to make someone else beat them this time. I can tell you that Bird has that TD game circled too. That one will be tell-tale for both teams. The other teams on Dale's schedule are decent but yes Dale should be able to handle them. @CRF4Dan what is your POV on Meadowbrook and Matoaca this year?

@mbonape1 Dale went 8-2 last season and blew Bird out. Herm and Bird will still have too many question marks for me, so at this point I'd pick Dale over both, especially with the transfers that have already proven themselves.

With Bird, Hermitage, and Dinwiddie on the schedule I am not sure that is necessarily true. 8 wins is tough. In order to win the D6 STATE Championship they would probably need to be able to be able to beat all of them. They better do a better job containing Peety Pope this year. They have to make someone else beat them this time. I can tell you that Bird has that TD game circled too. That one will be tell-tale for both teams. The other teams on Dale's schedule are decent but yes Dale should be able to handle them. @CRF4Dan what is your POV on Meadowbrook and Matoaca this year?

Hard to gauge both teams... Both will be breaking in new coaches, Meadowbrook lost a few transfers. They had down seasons last year so going up is the logical thought but for both it's tough in the Central District with the likes of Dinwiddie, Thomas Dale, Hopewell... For Meadowbrook, their out of district slate is as tough as they come.

I think 2019, second year under both coaches might be better seasons.

We will be cranking out previews in a few weeks, hope to have better read on both teams then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT