ADVERTISEMENT

Surry 64 Rappahannock 55 Final OT

33-5 ft difference se4ms like help
Give me numbers but it doesn’t reflect on the actuality of what was witnessed tonight from the blatant missed fouls to the missed goaltend to the balls hitting off rappahhannock players getting called their ball in front of refs.. to the charge call right before the 3 pointer made by Epps of rapp..

Reactions: afitnupe75
Maybe I was at a different game but the free throws was not that lopsided. And I agree officiating was bad for both sides

Bottom line to put an to all of this blaming the officials....Win in the regular season and get the top seed then you wouldn't have these issues. Plan and simple. The better team won but they also put themselves in position to win from the hardwork they did during the regular season!

So Rapp only shot free throws in the 4th qtr and overtime right. Cause I knw I saw 8 in that span of time

So Rapp only shot free throws in the 4th qtr and overtime right. Cause I knw I saw 8 in that span of time
They didn't even attempt their first free throw until late in the 3rd quarter and that was a one and one that they missed

Bottom line to put an to all of this blaming the officials....Win in the regular season and get the top seed then you wouldn't have these issues. Plan and simple. The better team won but they also put themselves in position to win from the hardwork they did during the regular season!
So get the top seed and you get the officials on your side? Got it. Lol

Just a couple things:
1. I'm pretty certain the refs were from Richmond which means they didn't officiate Surry's regular season games.
2. There was really no lopsidedness to the foul calls. Just so happened that Rapp was fouling when Surry was attempting shots in the first half. Rapp was called for 7 first half fouls and Surry 6. Were there other fouls that were not called?? Probably so.
3. What every one seems to be missing is why didn't Rapp foul on Surry's final possession in regulation? Rapp had just 4 team fouls and could've fouled 3 times and sent Surry to the free throw line with little time remaining.

Last edited:
Just a couple things:
1. I'm pretty certain the refs were from Richmond which means they didn't officiate Surry's regular season game.
2. There was really no lopsidedness to the foul calls. Just so happened that Rapp was fouling when Surry was attempting shots in the first half. Rapp was called for 7 first half fouls and Surry 6. Were there other fouls that were no called?? Probably so.
3. What every one seems to be missing is why didn't Rapp foul on Surry's final possession in regulation? Rapp had just 4 team fouls and could've fouled 3 times and sent Surry to the free throw line with little time remaining.

Thanks for the clarifications and observations. Officiating is a very difficult job and glad that they were not a homer crew.

Tough loss for Rapp to swallow. Someone had to lose. Rapp showed that they deserved the #2 seed and had a great season.

What a shot by that Pope kid! Good luck to Surry as they represent A.

Reactions: st8chmpLB
The refs has to come from a different region. The VHSL needs to see that game tapes of Surry games to see how the refs are very one sided. Rapp should have foul with 11 seconds left.

Maybe the officials were from Fredericksburg instead of Richmond. I've seen two of them previously although not this year.

Just a couple things:
1. I'm pretty certain the refs were from Richmond which means they didn't officiate Surry's regular season games.
2. There was really no lopsidedness to the foul calls. Just so happened that Rapp was fouling when Surry was attempting shots in the first half. Rapp was called for 7 first half fouls and Surry 6. Were there other fouls that were not called?? Probably so.
I sat there and said the same thing to my fiance on that last possession in regulation. Foul them and send them to the line. Not only do you send them to the line with very little time left, but you also force them to take it out of bounds three times, and possibly even cause a turnover. Still hats off to Rappahannock on a great season and I look forward to a good game on Saturday between Surry and Eastside. Hopefully the entire Surry community will come out and support the boys and girls teams in their quest for a state championship.

Maybe the officials were from Fredericksburg instead of Richmond. I've seen two of them previously although not this year.
I overheard someone say that the officials were from Richmond as well.

The best player in the State of VA is Radford Quinton Morton Robinson. He put on show on Tuesday night. Region A need to take at look how the teams out West

Reactions: BigWinners
East side has a shot
Eastside definitely has a great shot. I think they'll have to dictate pace, like Rappahannock and Riverheads did in the last 3 games. They don't want to get into a track meet with Surry. The key in my opinion is how Eastside handles Slade for Surry. He's physical and athletic and will look to control the game from the inside. If Eastside can hold their own on the boards then that will greatly increase their chances.

Surry only gets so much credit bc they had a lot of help
Maybe.......? Surry has had some pretty tough breaks through the years on calls and refs. I think it all evens out over time. Nice to be going to the State Championship again.

Last edited:
Reactions: NNDanalyst
The best player in the State of VA is Radford Quinton Morton Robinson. He put on show on Tuesday night. Region A need to take at look how the teams out West
Relax! Maybe in 2a but ashley james of green run and macrae of JM are men among boys in 3a and 4a and this is 1A lets keep radford on their thread and not take away from what these little 1A guys got going on.. i know radford was 1A but not anymore so keep to 1A over here lol

Reactions: Mike777VSP
Relax! Maybe in 2a but ashley james of green run and macrae of JM are men among boys in 3a and 4a and this is 1A lets keep radford on their thread and not take away from what these little 1A guys got going on.. i know radford was 1A but not anymore so keep to 1A over here lol

Yes, and even though I am not much into HS basketball, I decided to look since the name was brought up in a totally unrelated thread. Not to take anything away from the kid, but that is a BIG statement. All the prep schools, and much larger schools. I saw there was a player in 4a, at a public school ranked top 5 in VA. In top 60 nationally, 5 of the kids are in VA.

I'm certainly not upset any kid getting his name put out there, but in a thread about teams in a different class, it looks like kinda putting the ones being talked about down a bit to insert an unrelated kid into the convo

Reactions: st8chmpLB
Good Job Cougars ! Best team won. The NN chokes in big games it seems in all sports.

What a regular comedian you must be! Didn't Essex make the state semis in football the past two years? Didn't Lancaster win the state boys basketball title a year ago? Didn't Northumberland make the Final Four in baseball last year? Didn't Rappahannock win the state softball title a year ago?

Again.. Best player in the of VA 2a quinton morton Robertson 32 piont in the first half. I hope u all went to see him play in the state finals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT