ADVERTISEMENT

This is my account of a recent post

Feb 14, 2014
With reservation, I am posting this account of what I had seen over the past two days on this board.

I am the recently fired OC at Riverbend High School and I saw the post form a few days ago about Riverbend football. I originally went past the post and did not think much of it--until "it" blew up yesterday. But, I absolutely deny placing it on this board and do not possess the "username" that had put it up there. I few years ago, I had a "username" that had become compromised and I stopped using it because of posts put on it. Last year (sometime?), I created this username of "Maneuver Football" (as tribute to fallen military teammates and out beliefs when we coached together) and until recently, I had a paid membership under this name--and the VA Preps administrators can verify this membership.

I was notified of my firing on Wednesday and I was admittedly stunned because I did realize that I would lose working the players like "OJ", "Tyjuan" and "Zack" among others. But, I cannot fault or deny both the guts and wisdom of Coach DeMarco's decision because of how he want to run his program--we both know I was not lock-step with that direction or philosophy; so, he made the right call. Further, his reasoning was that I did not build relationships with the regular coaching staff and I do not deny that. But, he did not say it was due to "character issues" as he posted yesterday.

I am stunned at questioning my character for that was never an issue or brought up as a deficiency anytime in the season. Further, I made management mistakes in the season but I always and immediately apologized--if there are other mistakes, I was never made aware of them. But, once again, it was not stated as character issues.

I have given a lot of though and I am writing this post because of the things written by those I worked with this year. Riverbend coaches, I apologize for any way that I offended you. And, I apologize to any of the players or parents that I offended--whether it be from being too demanding or pushing too hard. My intent was only to bring out the best in a player and coach.

At this point, I only wish all of Riverbend Football and the players with specific dreams of playing at the next level "Great Luck" and success in 2015.

Coaches really ought to stay off of the message boards. Nothing good can come of it. I really ought to stay off of them, myself. Good luck to you, my friend.

Thanks. I am thankful I already have offers....but I have some health issues to take care of first.

This post was edited on 12/13 3:19 PM by Maneuver Football

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT