ADVERTISEMENT

To the George Wythe "Maroons" fan who kept shaking the sign in our players faces......

To the George Wythe "Maroons" fan who kept shaking the sign (in our players faces) that said " What is a "Fighting Blue"? Well now you know.....it is a State Champion! Go Blue!

That reminds me of the Gretna at Christiansburg football game in 2004. I was in the coaches box in the press box. After every big play in favor of C'Burg, some jerk on top row of bleachers would turn and taunt the Gretna coaches. I wonder where he was at end of game.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ok...you won. congrats...now how about being a gracious winner? you kind of act like you have never won anything before???

To the George Wythe "Maroons" fan who kept shaking the sign (in our players faces) that said " What is a "Fighting Blue"? Well now you know.....it is a State Champion! Go Blue!

Someone from Parry McCluer should have taken the sign away from him. That is not very good sportsmanship.

Let the kids be creative. Creativity has pretty much been flushed in this day and age. I always enjoyed it when the visiting team was being introduced and the student section held up newspapers in front of their faces. There's no more student sections in the NND now. The last I recall was a group of Lancaster male students who would attend games in white dress shirts and ties.

And I find it hard to believe the sign was being shaken in the players faces since the sections behind the goals are a good 15-20 feet away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT