ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers????

Oct 17, 2001
Just heard that IWA has picked up 3 transfers, all skill guys, for the 2014 season. 1 from Windsor HS, 1 from Smithfield HS, and 1 from Nansemond River HS. The kid from NRHS is Jamall Wells. If I am not mistaken he was the starting QB at SHS in 2012 (when they won the Bay Rivers District) and last year he was at NRHS. JOEWM2004, can you shed any light on this?

Haven't heard about this one but I'm sure JOEWM does. He stays on top of everything. Transfers win championships, just ask Bishop Sullivan and all the other top schools. I'd be curious to see if any of the transfers reclassified at IWA.

Ok JOEWM2004. You haven't responded to this post and it has been a week. You have had a lot to say about recruiting public school players and now that IWA is doing it you have disappeared! What is going on?

Still here - just enjoying all the speculation. On a side note, I would love to know where you get your information from.

You know just as good as I do that kids talk and as it goes down the line the story gets modified. Not only were they "recruited" by IWA but will be attending on "scholarship" as well. Again, kids talk and usually make things bigger and better than they really are. Can you clear this up for us?

As opinionated as you have been on this board about "recruiting" and all of sudden you have no comment. Was this suppose to be a secret? What a coincidence, IWA has a losing season in football and boys basketball and now have 3 public school transfers. Seems the stars have aligned for IWA. Welcome to the club!

Yes, recruiting athletes is wrong and the schools that do it invariably pay the price. Reclassifying athletes the minute they step onto your campus solely for athletic purposes is wrong and should stop. IWA gets lots of public school transfers each year. The difference is that they are all students first and some of them don't even play sports. I'm comfortable with IWA's handling of these controversial issues.

Always a pleasure chatting. This brings back the memories of the old days. Now if you can just round up brownclown (haven't seen him in years) and get him to start posting again, we'd have some good conversations again.

Unfortunately, welcome to being accused. Joe, you're handling it well. It's easy for others to sit and apply guesswork to all situations. As much as parents shop around these days, I'm surprised there aren't rumors of more all over the place. You guys are right, kids talk to kids and take it to another level many times blurring the lines. If you win, you recruited, if you lose no one cares. Regardless, Coach Chapman is going to coach his young men hard and get the most out of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT