ADVERTISEMENT

Two big NND games Friday night

NND Sports Fan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 1, 2002
CB vs. Northumberland — CB won in a rout in a December nondistrict game. Another W for CB keeps them unbeaten in the district and gives NHS 2 league defeats
Rappahannock vs. Lancaster — Rappahannock can stay perfect in the NND with a win and a defeat puts LHS 2 games back in the loss column

CB vs. Northumberland — CB won in a rout in a December nondistrict game. Another W for CB keeps them unbeaten in the district and gives NHS 2 league defeats
Rappahannock vs. Lancaster — Rappahannock can stay perfect in the NND with a win and a defeat puts LHS 2 games back in the loss column

CB V Northumberland - Halftime - CB up 38-25

Well, CB is as advertised. Excellent teamwork play, discipline and cohesion. They have some height and are good rebounders. It seems CB scores almost every possession or 3 of 4. They either hit a three or work it around until they get a very high percentage shot.

NHS is shooting really cold. Palmer is keeping the Indians in the game.

Hopefully, NHS can make a run - best do it soon.

(NHS JV won big and are 7-0.)

Hard to believe that CB was picked to finish last in the NND. They are definitely proving everyone wrong thus far.

Reactions: REDDEVILS00
CB wins easy 69-45.

CB plays excellent team ball in all phases and in preparation.

with all this being typed and read, unfortunately I don't see any team at this point that is a state tournament threat. CB is probably getting the most out of its talent at this point.

So bc traditional threats are not fairing as well against nontraditional threats that means no1 has a shot at States? Sounds like sour grapes to me

Congrats to Rapp on the big win!

Banner year so far for the Raiders in Basketball and Football. Well done.

Reactions: Red_phx82
Speaking of football, I think RHS Coach West's son made the winning three?

So the most significant NND game coming up will be CB v Rapp? When was the last time that match up was considered the big NND showdown?

I do not follow basketball that closely so excuse me if I missed more recent great teams - but when was the last time Rapp had a big time state contender? I remember Coach Blackley had state teams but that was awhile back.

CB won a state title in divisional play 10 years ago (were they Tidewater District then?). It's been a long time since Rapp has been to a state tourney

Yes CB was in the Tidewater back then. They had some battles with King William, who was led by Isaiah Hill back then.

Does anyone know if Northumberland and Northampton played today or if it was cancelled?

I am not referring to Northampton or any NND team, but it seems that some teams in various sports who are not favored to win will use any any excuse to cancel a game and not make it up.

Now that the playoffs are all based on points and victories/losses it is vital that all games be played if both sides agree before the season to schedule a game (at least every attempt be made to play the game).

I do not think this is a major problem yet but it has popped up on occasion.

I predict this issue will only get worse as some school’s do not abide by the old school ways of playing no mater what. Hey, why play if you most likely will lose and it will hurt our point standing? Is the thought by some.

The VHSL will eventually have to find a way to punish schools who do not make an honest attempt to play an agreed upon contest or enforce the forfeit rules or make them clearer and easier to enforce.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT