ADVERTISEMENT

UVa... NCAA hosting question

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
Given the weather, we may not have any new prep action to discuss for awhile, so I thought I would bring up this question for discussion to pass the time, since I have thought about it often.

Do we think UVa's JPJ Arena would ever be chosen as one of the sites for the opening round weekend of the NCAA tournament? As you guys know, the tournament begins each year at eight different sites around the country, with each location playing host to eight teams. In each location, they play four games on either a Thursday or Friday, and then those four winners play again on Saturday or Sunday. The 16 teams that win both their games then move on to the Sweet 16 round the next weekend, with those games generally held in much larger places.

But it seems to me that JPJ should be large enough to be a first-round site. But of course I have no idea what goes into determining that. So what do you guys think? My only reason for thinking "no" is that the NCAA might decide that the transportation and hotel facilities are not sufficient in the Charlottesville area.

If it ever did happen, it would be fun to attend, although of course the rules would prohibit the Cavs from playing on their home floor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT