ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Post Metro DC Top 20 - October 9

Copy and paste the top 10, I'm not buying a Washington Post subscription to see it.
Didn't realize it was behind the paywall... just the rankings follow (without their additional narrative):

1. Good Counsel (5-1)
2. Freedom, Woodbridge (5-0)
3. DeMatha (6-0)
4. Archbishop Spalding (5-1)
5. St. John's (3-3)
6. Quince Orchard (6-0)
7. C.H. Flowers (6-0)
8. James Madison (7-0)
9. Wise (5-1)
10. Gonzaga (5-2)
11. Friendship Collegiate (5-2)
12. Northwest (6-0)
13. North Point (6-0)
14. Battlefield (6-0)
15. Bishop McNamara (6-0)
16. Georgetown Prep (4-1)
17. Episcopal (3-1)
18. Tuscarora (6-0)
19. South Lakes (6-0)
20. Patuxent (6-0)

Bubble: Churchill, Lake Braddock, Maret, South County, Walter Johnson
Dropped: No. 17 Damascus

Didn't realize it was behind the paywall... just the rankings follow (without their additional narrative):

1. Good Counsel (5-1)
3. DeMatha (6-0)
5. St. John's (3-3)
6. Quince Orchard (6-0)
7. C.H. Flowers (6-0)
8. James Madison (7-0)
9. Wise (5-1)
10. Gonzaga (5-2)
12. Northwest (6-0)
13. North Point (6-0)
14. Battlefield (6-0)
17. Episcopal (3-1)
18. Tuscarora (6-0)
19. South Lakes (6-0)
20. Patuxent (6-0)

Thanks!!

I don't like the combined public/private DMV rankings, they are pointless. They should do separate for each state.

IDK how they would match up with the privates or MD publics, but I would take both Stone Bridge and SoCo over Tuscarora, who is 6-0 but with no impressive wins. I understand why the undefeated teams gets ranked though. SoCo did look seriously overmatched against Quince Orchard and that is tough to overcome.

I don't think the WCAC is as good as it was five years ago. They have fared poorly in their big out-of-area games recently and seem be lacking offensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: CavsGrad
Stone Bridge was seconds away from winning at QO earlier this fall. I promised my friend I would get to a SoCo game this season to see his son play but haven't made it yet. Not sure where to put them based on their games with QO and Madison. I was at Wise when they played Maury and they look good too. I haven't seen Flowers or North Point this year, but they usually reload every year. I did hear good things about North Point before the season, but they won't really be tested until the playoffs. MacNamara at 6-0 is a surprise to me and I'm really interested to see how they do against the usual heavyweights of the WCAC. I'll take Good Counsel over DeMatha this weekend and I see them taking the WCAC title this year, but there seems to be at least one surprise each year in the WCAC playoffs.

1. Good Counsel (5-1)
3. DeMatha (6-0)
5. St. John's (3-3)
6. Quince Orchard (6-0)
7. C.H. Flowers (6-0)
8. James Madison (7-0)
9. Wise (5-1)
10. Gonzaga (5-2)
12. Northwest (6-0)
13. North Point (6-0)
14. Battlefield (6-0)
17. Episcopal (3-1)
18. Tuscarora (6-0)
19. South Lakes (6-0)
20. Patuxent (6-0)

Any thoughts on Potomac(Olney MD) playing at Highland Springs this week?!

I hear you. Hard to even find pre-season write-ups on teams anymore. I think they mix run & pass fairly equally. They are considered a Class 2 school in Maryland (4 total classifications) with their enrollment size.

I hear you. Hard to even find pre-season write-ups on teams anymore. I think they mix run & pass fairly equally. They are considered a Class 2 school in Maryland (4 total classifications) with their enrollment size.
One guy on instagram said HS by 30,but I’m not buying that crap

Springers should control the game. Don’t follow that area of Maryland very closely, but don’t think anyone outside of QO and maybe Wise can play with Highland Springs from MD public school ranks.

I don't like the combined public/private DMV rankings, they are pointless. They should do separate for each state.
to the contrary I think the issue is they don't play each other enough. They do in hoops but need to have more pub/private football games.

to the contrary I think the issue is they don't play each other enough. They do in hoops but need to have more pub/private football games.
Stop the reclassifying and maybe the public schools will play the private schools, or only allow four years of high school sports. There’s no reason whatsoever for a 19-year-old man to be on the field with a 14-year-old Freshman

Reactions: EPJr
Stop the reclassifying and maybe the public schools will play the private schools, or only allow four years of high school sports. There’s no reason whatsoever for a 19-year-old man to be on the field with a 14-year-old Freshman
TRUE

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT