ADVERTISEMENT

Way Early State Predictions

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
Mostly just for conversation purposes, but here's my way too early state teams.

Region A: Lancaster, Colonial Beach
Lookout for: Charles City, Mathews, Northampton

Region B: Riverheads, Sussex
Lookout for: Carver Academy, Altavista, Franklin, Surry

Region C: Auburn, George Wythe
Lookout for: Bland, Parry Mccluer, Eastern Montgomery

Region D: Grundy, Eastside
Lookout for: JI Burton, Holston, Northwood

As far as I know A/B are on one side of the state bracket and C/D are on the opposite side, just like last year.

Reactions: nnkbballfan
Mostly just for conversation purposes, but here's my way too early state teams.

Region A: Lancaster, Colonial Beach
Lookout for: Charles City, Mathews, Northampton

Region B: Riverheads, Sussex
Lookout for: Carver Academy, Altavista, Franklin, Surry

Region C: Auburn, George Wythe
Lookout for: Bland, Parry Mccluer, Eastern Montgomery

Region D: Grundy, Eastside
Lookout for: JI Burton, Holston, Northwood
Since 1996, a bugaboo has always popped up in Grundy's way during their chances to make solid runs and finally grab a state title in a sport besides wrestling. Graham/Gate City/etc...I think Eastside may end up being that team this time. If Campbell had stayed, I'd feel differently.

Since 1996, a bugaboo has always popped up in Grundy's way during their chances to make solid runs and finally grab a state title in a sport besides wrestling. Graham/Gate City/etc...I think Eastside may end up being that team this time. If Campbell had stayed, I'd feel differently.
It would definitely be an interesting matchup, if those two teams were to meet. Don't count out JI Burton either. No doubt if Campbell had of stayed, I think Grundy would definitely be the sure favorite for the Region and probably the state title. Even without him, they are still one of the best teams in the state.

Reactions: uderricky
I’ve seen about every contender on West side of state except J.I. Burton and Grundy is head and shoulders above everyone....Region D way down from last year.....lost a ton of good players.....Region C is up from last year with more teams in the mix.....last year Region D was wide open with 6-7 teams that could have won it....Region C more like that this year with 4-5 that could potentially win it

Reactions: kwhs95fan
I’ve seen about every contender on West side of state except J.I. Burton and Grundy is head and shoulders above everyone....Region D way down from last year.....lost a ton of good players.....Region C is up from last year with more teams in the mix.....last year Region D was wide open with 6-7 teams that could have won it....Region C more like that this year with 4-5 that could potentially win it
Region A is really wide open as well. I could see any of five teams winning the Region and I wouldn't be surprised by any of them. I thought I was going to get to watch Grundy play tonight, as it showed on Max Preps that they had a game against Twin Valley and it was going to be on the NFHS network, but when I went to watch it, there wasn't anything there.

Region A is really wide open as well. I could see any of five teams winning the Region and I wouldn't be surprised by any of them. I thought I was going to get to watch Grundy play tonight, as it showed on Max Preps that they had a game against Twin Valley and it was going to be on the NFHS network, but when I went to watch it, there wasn't anything there.
Game was moved to February 13th due to weather.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT