ADVERTISEMENT

Westfield 21 - Madison 14

falcettik

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 3, 2004
WF received the opening KO on their own 32 yard line and advanced to the MAD 35 before stalling and being forced to punt, with the punt bouncing into the end zone to give MAD their first possession at their own 20. MAD went three and out to give the ball back to WF. WF would drive down and score when Kim ran it into the corner of the end zone from 2 yards out the take a 7-0 lead (Williams XP) with 1:34 remaining in the first quarter. On the ensuing KO, the MAD returner mishandled the ball on his own 10 yard line and then was downed just inside his own 5, giving MAD a long field. They quickly drove the 95 yards, with Wyka getting behind the WF secondary to haul in a long pass from Yates that resulted in an 83 yard TD to tie the score at 7-7 (Coward XP) just 13 seconds into the second quarter. MAD tried to pooch their KO but WF covered and had good field position at the MAD 46 yard line. A few plays later WF's Daniel fumbled on the MAD 30 and the ball was recovered by MAD's Hunt. MAD then drove to the WF 34 yard line before being forced to punt. WF took the ball at their own 20 yard line and just a few plays later WF's Daniel sprinted up the middle for a 65 yard TD run to put WF back on top, 14-7 (Williams XP) with 4:39 remaining in the half. MAD then went three and out, giving WF the ball back again near midfield, this time at the WF 41 yard line. WF drove down the field and extended the lead to 21-7 (Williams XP) when Kim scored on a 7 yard run with just 2 seconds left in the half.

MAD opened the second half at their own 17 after a good KOR to near midfield was negated by a penalty on the return. After advancing to their own 28 yard line, they again punted to give WF another short field at the WF 45 yard line. On this drive WF would again fumble, this time by Legall, and MAD's Remy recovered at the MAD 35. MAD advanced to the WF 46 where they faced a 4th and 3 but the run was stopped after just a one yard gain to give WF another short field. This WF drive also advanced only a short distance, and WF was forced to punt from the MAD 29. The punt was shanked and only netted three yards, with MAD starting on their own 26. MAD was again held to just one set of downs and punted, with WF getting a good return across midfield before a penalty pushed them all the way back to their own 33 yard line. WF then drove to just outside the MAD red zone before stalling again, facing a 4th and 11 at the MAD 27 when Kim was sacked to give MAD the ball on their 30 yard line just after the start of the 4th quarter. At this point the MAD offense went into high gear and, helped by some big plays, including a 20 yard run by Yates on 4th and 7 at the WF 32, MAD scored when Yates again found Wyka, this time on a 7 yard passing TD to pull MAD to within 21-14 (Coward XP) with 4:53 remaining in the game. MAD again tried to pooch the KO, which was fair caught at the WF 41 yard line. On this WF series WF had a penalty and took a sack and ended up punting from their own 36. This gave MAD the ball with 2:25 and 65 yards to get the tying score. MAD would again execute their offense well and quickly reached the WF 25 yard line assisted by a long pass play, but a gain of 5 on first down was followed by two incomplete passes. MAD now faced a 4th and 5, with 1:15 to go. The pass into the end zone fell incomplete and WF would manage to get a first down to run out the clock and secure the win.

Note: I think I have at least 2-3 loyal readers of these writeups, but this will be the last one until the playoffs roll around. Business takes me away for the next 4 weekends; this will be the most games I have missed in a season in 19 years, and the first games missed in the last 9 years. :(

Not a Westfield fan, but always enjoy your writeups. The Westfield staff game plans as well as anybody and with Noah Kim in the game I wouldn't bet against them vs anybody in the state. I'll travel around the region for a good game, i even plan to see st frances and img next week, but I've learned to avoid 66 and Friday night trips to Chantilly. Good luck with work and the pain of missing the games.

Not a Westfield fan, but always enjoy your writeups. The Westfield staff game plans as well as anybody and with Noah Kim in the game I wouldn't bet against them vs anybody in the state. I'll travel around the region for a good game, i even plan to see st frances and img next week, but I've learned to avoid 66 and Friday night trips to Chantilly. Good luck with work and the pain of missing the games.
We all feel the pain of I-66. I try to see other games also, but with my support of WF it does not leave many opportunities; sometimes I get in a game during a bye week, odd game days/rescheduled games, or when the playoffs roll around.

We all feel the pain of I-66. I try to see other games also, but with my support of WF it does not leave many opportunities; sometimes I get in a game during a bye week, odd game days/rescheduled games, or when the playoffs roll around.
Understood. With my team playing in the beach and my kids playing on Saturdays, nearly impossible to see them. Hope to catch Westfield in the playoffs.

Coming from Richmond, what would be the best advice for me if I come to the Westfield/Chantilly game? Thanks in advance!

Coming from Richmond, what would be the best advice for me if I come to the Westfield/Chantilly game? Thanks in advance!

Seating won't be an issue since the stadium is large, unless you want a specific spot.

Parking is also usually not an issue, although you may have to park further out and walk 5 minutes if you get there just before game time (depends on the crowd, but both could be 9-0 going in so it might have more than the usual hype).

Traffic will be your biggest issue, even going against traffic coming north. Not knowing exactly where you are starting from or how fast you drive, I would allow a driving time of between 2.25 to 2.5 hours (minimum). You have two options: a) After coming north on I-95 you can either take 234 North (do NOT get onto Business 234 up near Manassas) to I-66 East to Rt 28 North to Willard Road (westbound), then turn left onto Stonecroft Boulevard and the school is right there. Or, b) I-95 North to Rt 123 North to Rt 286 (FFX County Parkway North) to I-66 West (very heavy traffic on FCP and I-66 WB at this time of day), then Rte 28 North to Willard to Stonecroft. Unfortunately, it really is a guessing game. Personally, I would google map both routes on a Friday around 5 pm to see what seems best-and do that on multiple days and weeks, since you have three more weeks until the game.

Food: I am not one to recommend much in this area, as I don't go out often. There are the usual fast food/fast casual places in Centreville at the junction of 66 and 28, and "fast food central" and a Hooters at the Rt 28/Willard Road interchange (1.5 miles from the school) but nothing else closer to the school. The snack bar at WHS is also well stocked with hotdogs, burgers, brats, chick-fil-a, pizza, BBQ sandwiches, ramen, and fresh home made fries.

Seating won't be an issue since the stadium is large, unless you want a specific spot.

Parking is also usually not an issue, although you may have to park further out and walk 5 minutes if you get there just before game time (depends on the crowd, but both could be 9-0 going in so it might have more than the usual hype).

Traffic will be your biggest issue, even going against traffic coming north. Not knowing exactly where you are starting from or how fast you drive, I would allow a driving time of between 2.25 to 2.5 hours (minimum). You have two options: a) After coming north on I-95 you can either take 234 North (do NOT get onto Business 234 up near Manassas) to I-66 East to Rt 28 North to Willard Road (westbound), then turn left onto Stonecroft Boulevard and the school is right there. Or, b) I-95 North to Rt 123 North to Rt 286 (FFX County Parkway North) to I-66 West (very heavy traffic on FCP and I-66 WB at this time of day), then Rte 28 North to Willard to Stonecroft. Unfortunately, it really is a guessing game. Personally, I would google map both routes on a Friday around 5 pm to see what seems best-and do that on multiple days and weeks, since you have three more weeks until the game.

Food: I am not one to recommend much in this area, as I don't go out often. There are the usual fast food/fast casual places in Centreville at the junction of 66 and 28, and "fast food central" and a Hooters at the Rt 28/Willard Road interchange (1.5 miles from the school) but nothing else closer to the school. The snack bar at WHS is also well stocked with hotdogs, burgers, brats, chick-fil-a, pizza, BBQ sandwiches, ramen, and fresh home made fries.
Thank you brother! I will either be there or Highland Springs/Varina! I definitely want to see your guys play this year. The Chantilly game is gonna be good!

The Chantilly game is gonna be good!
Not sold on that yet. Yes, they are currently 6-0 but the teams they have beat have a combined record of something like 7-29 (or close to that). They play Madison tomorrow, and still have Centreville. They could go 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2 in those two games-the jury is still out on Chantilly. IMO, if they do beat Madison (not likely) then they will be 9-0 going into the final week. But we'd love to have you visit. I would've liked to at least meet you, but I will be 8 time zones away for that game.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
#63 Chantilly (6-0)

Date Rank Opponent W-L Score
Sep 6 #235 Langley W 41- 7
Sep 13 #250 Osbourn Park W 42 6
Sep 20 #328 Lee W 56- 7
Sep 27 #263 Edison W 38- 6
Oct 4 #198 Washington-Liberty W 42- 6
Oct 11 #179 Hayfield W 34- 7
Oct 18 #42 Madison
Oct 25 #213 Oakton
Nov 1 #67 Centreville
Nov 8 #6 Westfield
Total Score 253 39

Chantilly (6-0) is currently ranked #63 by MaxSports.

Chantilly's first six opponents rank between #179 and #325. Chantilly scored 253 points while giving up 39 points.
Chantilly's last four opponents are #42 Madison, #213 Oakton, #67 Centreville, and #6 Westfield.

#179 Hayfield was the strongest opponent Chantilly played in the first six games. #42 Madison will be Chantilly's first real test this Friday night.

Note: All ranking numbers from MaxSports, October 14, 2019

Chantilly's first six opponents have 7-29 record.
Rank Opponent (W-L)
#235 Langley (2-4)
#250 Osbourn Park (1-5)
#328 Lee (0-6)
#263 Edison (1-5)
#198 Washington-Liberty (3-3)
#179 Hayfield (0-6)

Chantilly's last four opponents have 16-10 record.
Rank Opponent (W-L)
#42 Madison (4-3)
#213 Oakton (2-5)
#67 Centreville (4-2)
#6 Westfield (6-0)

Thank you brother! I will either be there or Highland Springs/Varina! I definitely want to see your guys play this year. The Chantilly game is gonna be good!
If you decide on Westfield v Chantilly, let me know and I'll plan to go too. Was thinking of seeing LCA vs St Frances that night, but will go to st frances and img tonight instead.

If you decide on Westfield v Chantilly, let me know and I'll plan to go too. Was thinking of seeing LCA vs St Frances that night, but will go to st frances and img tonight instead.
Will do bro! I work on the West End and don’t get off until 4:15/30 on Friday’s! May be too big of a challenge battling that 95 traffic from Richmond to Fredericksburg just to get into a standstill by 5:30 in Stafford onward. I do plan on being at the HS/Forge game for sure!

Reactions: CavsGrad
#63 Chantilly (6-0)

Date Rank Opponent W-L Score
Sep 6 #235 Langley W 41- 7
Sep 13 #250 Osbourn Park W 42 6
Sep 20 #328 Lee W 56- 7
Sep 27 #263 Edison W 38- 6
Oct 4 #198 Washington-Liberty W 42- 6
Oct 11 #179 Hayfield W 34- 7
Oct 18 #42 Madison
Oct 25 #213 Oakton
Nov 1 #67 Centreville
Nov 8 #6 Westfield
Total Score 253 39

Chantilly (6-0) is currently ranked #63 by MaxSports.

Chantilly's first six opponents rank between #179 and #325. Chantilly scored 253 points while giving up 39 points.
Chantilly's last four opponents are #42 Madison, #213 Oakton, #67 Centreville, and #6 Westfield.

#179 Hayfield was the strongest opponent Chantilly played in the first six games. #42 Madison will be Chantilly's first real test this Friday night.

Note: All ranking numbers from MaxSports, October 14, 2019
Any sight that has Westfield ranked #6 in Virginia is not worth giving credit to. No way there are 5 teams better than Westfield in VA!! They have LCA as the #2 team?! Come on man! Lol

Will do bro! I work on the West End and don’t get off until 4:15/30 on Friday’s! May be too big of a challenge battling that 95 traffic from Richmond to Fredericksburg just to get into a standstill by 5:30 in Stafford onward. I do plan on being at the HS/Forge game for sure!
I hear you and wouldnt try that if I were you. NOVA traffic is a horrible way to start the weekend. I fought 95 last week to catch Freedom v Hylton and was cursing before and after. Sounds like we may cross paths at HS v Forge.

I hear you and wouldnt try that if I were you. NOVA traffic is a horrible way to start the weekend. I fought 95 last week to catch Freedom v Hylton and was cursing before and after. Sounds like we may cross paths at HS v Forge.
Yessir I’ll probably sit on Springers side but I’ll let you know on that day on what I’ll be wearing so we can catch up!

Reactions: CavsGrad
Not sold on that yet. Yes, they are currently 6-0 but the teams they have beat have a combined record of something like 7-29 (or close to that). They play Madison tomorrow, and still have Centreville.

Good call. Chantilly will beat Oakton this week but will struggle mightily against the other 2 region foes. They were never in the game against Madison.

Reactions: falcettik
Good call. Chantilly will beat Oakton this week but will struggle mightily against the other 2 region foes. They were never in the game against Madison.
And, unfortunately, there are a few more paper tigers in 6C and 6D. IMO, 6D is the weakest it has probably ever been.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT