ADVERTISEMENT

Westfield @ Lake Braddock

Top notch performance by Westfield today in all phases. They played great defense in the first half intercepting four passes and their offense did a good job picking up healthy yardage and sustaining drives. Very well-balanced, good spurts running the ball north + south and I like the rotation they have going on with Scanlon and Johnson at QB/WR. I'm not sure if they have been doing that all year, but it does seem like they are able to get much more out of their offense rotating Scanlon in and out at those positions. Lake Braddock had a difficult time covering Scanlon as he caught three big touchdown passes. Lake Braddock rarely got into a rhythm of their own and aside from their drive early in the game that tied the score up 7-7, Westfield controlled this one for much of the way.

Question is can South County/Westfield beat Oscar Smith? Looks like both 703 teams are well capable of doing so

. . . I like the rotation they have going on with Scanlon and Johnson at QB/WR. I'm not sure if they have been doing that all year, but it does seem like they are able to get much more out of their offense rotating Scanlon in and out at those positions. Lake Braddock had a difficult time covering Scanlon as he caught three big touchdown passes.
It was a big surprise to see Johnson at QB and Scanlon at WR, something I haven't seen this season. Needless to say, this combination took advantage of Scanlon's height (6' 7"). I think that Johnson is a better QB and that Scanlon is better at WR than QB. I think the Westfield offense played much better using this combination, as shown by the final score. Johnson was 10-15 for 3 TDs and no interception. Although Scanlon was 7-7, the passes were mostly short that helped get first downs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT