ADVERTISEMENT

Westfield vs Oscar Smith

Who you got?

• Westfield

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Oscar Smith

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
I can't think of a better way to finish off the season. Battle Royal top 2 teams in 3 consecutive years.

There IS a difference this go around. Even though the game is in Hampton, Westfield will be on the Home Side with their Home Uni's. Smith will be in their away, white Uni's. I believe it would be the first time this has occurred in their matchup history. Since Smith hasn't found a way to beat the Bulldogs, I'm going the superstitious route for this game. Different outcome via change in routine.

I can't even call this one.. Is this a first that 3x in a row the same 2 teams played for the title?

Everyone picking Westfield by a landslide and why not past 2 years they have proved to be the best team and they have Smith's # 3-0 in football and 1-0 in basketball. Will it finally change on Saturday?????

Everyone picking Westfield by a landslide and why not past 2 years they have proved to be the best team and they have Smith's # 3-0 in football and 1-0 in basketball. Will it finally change on Saturday?????

I'm hoping for an anticlimactic finish in favor of the Tiger's this time around. They may have beaten the best team last week in Stafford. Colonial Forge was definitely in championship form.

Weather forecast is getting to look pretty foul for the early game Saturday. Possible sleet / freezing rain overnight Friday which may not stop until mid afternoon Saturday. Wondering if VHSL will postpone the games to Sunday? For this area, the school systems would very likely postpone games if they were during the week.

Our Smith Booster Club just passed out VHSL announcement that the games tomorrow are postponed to Sunday.

Worse game I've seen Smith play & they still had a chance in the final seconds. Congratulations to Westfield. We, like Colonial Forge, have our own nemisis & I think in both cases we beat ourselves.

Worse game I've seen Smith play & they still had a chance in the final seconds. Congratulations to Westfield. We, like Colonial Forge, have our own nemisis & I think in both cases we beat ourselves.
OS had chances to take the lead on several occasions and couldn’t do it. Westfield also had chances to put the game away earlier and couldn’t do it as well.

Agreed, two great programs once again played a hell of a game, I think we can all agree that right now everyone in class 6 is chasing Coach Simmons and the Bulldogs, congrats to Smith and Westfield on great seasons.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
Actually Westfield is 4-0 vs Oscar Smith they beat em at Smith back in 2007 in a thriller when Smith had 4 D-1 WRs and Sims as a second year qb. Westfield is 5-0 vs Hampton Roads D6 teams beating Landstown in the 2003 state title game also. What can I say they train those boys well at Westfield awesome coaching great weight facility and program overall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT