ADVERTISEMENT

Wow

GoMBKMonarchs

VaPreps All Region
Feb 2, 2005
No mention at all that Meadowbrook is, obviously looking for a new coach today. Interesting.

What's the scoop? It was Troy Taylor, correct. Wasn't he fairly new to Meadowbrook? Like maybe just a year or two? This should be a fairly attractive job. Good competitive history. Always appears that there is reasonably good community and administrative support. Some nice facilitiy upgrades in the last year or so.

Did the marginal success last season do him in?

Taylor's record at Meadowbrook is excellent. He left after the season ended and is currently an assistant at Virginia Union University. Armstrong's coach got the job. But, after his adventures with the law this week, I suspect the job is open again. If you hadn't heard about this, check the local news sites and they'll fill you in.

I hadn't seen anything. But that is so sad. He had Armstong believing in themselves, would have done a good job at Meadowbrook, and now both lose. And he loses because of poor decisions. But the kids are the real losers.

Glad someone else posted it, I wanted to but hesitated as it's such a negative story and without any action taken really yet, hard to comment. I can say, I would be a little shocked if he remains the coach. Not sure how parents would feel about a coach, a mentor and someone who is supposed to be a role model coaching their kids after such an ugly incident. Time will tell which direction Chesterfield goes with this. They still have plenty of time, Hanover didn't hire Coach Stoudt until the team was headed to camp in July of 2013 and being as Meadowbrook has gone through the interview and hiring process, I'm sure they could revisit the list of men if they are still available and interested. I believe they said they return to court in May so I believe nothing will be done until they go back. This is one of those stories where you just have to stay tuned.

GoMBK, I had forgotten about the coaching change. Man, the waters are muddy now, that's for sure. I'm sure in the end, everything will work out in a manner that is best for the kids. Maybe there is an even better coach waiting in the wings.

These are stories you hate to see. Honestly, given what was on tape, I don't know how he doesn't do some jail time. So I can't imagine he remains coach, especially given he was not an employee of the county. Chesterfield does not pay coaches (even head coaches) if they are not employees of the district. At any rate, since his was a volunteer position, I suppose it will be easier for the school to move on if they choose to.

If they are coaches then don't they become employees of the county. Seems ridiculous to me to not pay coaches. If this is true than Chesterfield needs to wake up and pay these guys and girls who give up their time to help the youth in their communities.

Dring, I think he was scheduled to become a paid employee at the end of his tenure with Richmond Public Schools. That is why he was an unpaid volunteer coach until the end of his contract. I think I'm right on this.

And yeah, Oakwood, you are right to a point. But, by most accounts, this was a decent man, doing a good job with the kids. But then did something incredibly stupid. Yes, he does not deserve any sympathy or much consideration. No questions there. But it is sad that the kids he has impacted and was somewhat of a mentor to, have to deal with what his behavior has cost them. And, another sad fact is that many of these are kids don't have much of a male disciplinarian in there lives. And the one that many of them gave a little trust and respect to just vanished out of their lives.

Just a rotten situation, period.

DP

That situation doesn't appear to be as reported on the news. Looks like the Meadowbrook coach will be cleared so hopefully they don't make any quick decisions. The news probably won't correct their story but I'm sure the lawyers will. Will inform when judgement day comes next month.

I was looking at last year's roster for the Monarchs. I count 32 rising seniors. That has got to be a big plus for them for this season. But, the cuppard may be bare the following season. Whomever ends up being the coach has got to believe that "the future is now".

WTVR 6 News at 6:00 announced that Adam Tiller was named as the new Head Coach at Meadowbrook. They stated he had been an assistant at Amelia for the last three years.

Any additional information about this out there?

He was the head coach at Amelia for the last 3 years. His 3 year record at Amelia was 15-18. Amelia made the playoffs each year, and they were eliminated in the first round each year. Before coming to Amelia, he was the OC at Clover Hill.

This post was edited on 4/14 8:17 PM by maroons1

Yeah, I was just checking back and saw that. I don't know if I heard the report wrong, or the reporter mis-spoke. But, irrelevant really. I wish him the best.

Another Hopewell Blue Devil gets a job!!! I texted Adam tonight he's really excited and will do an excellent job. He graduated from Hopewell in 2000 with myself and Coach Jim Henderson (Monacan HC) He was a WR/DB/K/P for us in HS and a very hard nosed player.

Hopewell is becoming quite the pipeline for head coaches... You cited Coach Henderson at Monacan, Tiller now at Meadowbrook and of course you have your gig albeit not a head coaching gig. Don't forget too Coach Irby who is coaching Hopewell where he played as well. I believe too Coach Mutascio of Cosby while he didn't play at Meadowbrook was an assistant at one time there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT