ADVERTISEMENT

(1) Appomattox vs. (1) Stuarts Draft 4:30 at Salem

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
Discuss.

Appomattox 4th appearance in 5 years, Stuarts Draft 1st ever appearance. Stuarts Draft will be the "home" team. Should be a big Augusta County crowd with 2 teams playing

Appo Appo Appo here we go here we go. Going with my gut for first time this year, Appo gets their 4th State Campionship.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
I will be rooting for you gunz but I would say Appo is best team y’all have played all year

IMO this Draft team has a much better defense than that REL team from 2016. Offensively it’s a toss up for me but they are quite different too. Draft is more balanced than that team was and can play smash mouth or air it out if that’s needed. Appomattox could make this one lopsided but I expect Draft to be very competitive and potentially shock the world, lol.

As you should @oldfool2. Draft is the underdog being the first time on the big stage and Appomattox playing in 4 of the last 5. I am going to be in the minority and say that Draft should be able to compete.

The one point win TJ had over Gretna and the convincing win Draft had today this game may be a little tighter than what a lot of people on here think it’s going to be

Draft winning isn't a good look for 2A considering how bad Riverheads destroyed them, but seems like they absolutely got hot and can win.

Appomattox doesn't beat themselves and they have a ton of talent and lots of athletes on the outside. I haven't seen Draft so I dunno.

Reactions: Bo Bob
I’ll give props to Draft on a good win today. Didn’t think TJ would have much being they barely got by Gretna but Draft thumped them good.
Will watch hudl this week on that game.

I like our chances. Boys ain’t happy just to make it to Salem. They want the whole pie!

Reactions: oldfool2
Technically Giles runs a single wing which does differ from the Pistol T. Not taking anything away from the coaching staff at Appo as they are great a film study and taking away the things you like to do.

Reactions: Bo Bob
I’ll give props to Draft on a good win today. Didn’t think TJ would have much being they barely got by Gretna but Draft thumped them good.
Will watch hudl this week on that game.

I like our chances. Boys ain’t happy just to make it to Salem. They want the whole pie!
We started this year with the saying " All The Way" One more battle and we may go all the way.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
I’ve already heard that the Qb for draft is a hoss in the Pistol T
I'll be doing as much research this week as i possibly can. Looking forward to sending the team off and greeting them back home.

Pistol wing T is similar to Union right? But union is mostly Wing T. SD will pass outta their O pretty respectfully if I remember correctly.

yes Castello knows how to coach that D well.... Wing KILLAH! Phoebus and Maury (who is going to states in 5A) does it well here in 757 as well.

River heads runs that single wing GREAT! So im not surprised at that outcome... SD and riverheads are rivals, just interested in how that score got outta hand?

Riverheads runs the double wing and wing T. On rare occasion they slide into a conventional single wing but nothing like what Clarke or Giles runs. As for that game, it was 14-14 with under 2 to go in the first half. Riverheads scores with very little time left to go up 21-14. Second half, Draft moved the ball into the red zone and stalled. The Gladiators took over and run the same play about 8 times in a row until they slowed it up. At that point they were gassed and from that point forward Riverheads basically did what they wanted including scores by reserves.

Riverheads runs the double wing and wing T. On rare occasion they slide into a conventional single wing but nothing like what Clarke or Giles runs. As for that game, it was 14-14 with under 2 to go in the first half. Riverheads scores with very little time left to go up 21-14. Second half, Draft moved the ball into the red zone and stalled. The Gladiators took over and run the same play about 8 times in a row until they slowed it up. At that point they were gassed and from that point forward Riverheads basically did what they wanted including scores by reserves.
I haven’t seen them since 2016, but i knew they mixed it up. They run it well

Discuss.

Appomattox 4th appearance in 5 years, Stuarts Draft 1st ever appearance. Stuarts Draft will be the "home" team. Should be a big Augusta County crowd with 2 teams playing
I agree Stuarts D should be home team. However where on the vhsl website can i find the info that defines who the home team will be?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT