ADVERTISEMENT

1A Essex 26 King George 8 FINAL. NM

KG piled up the injuries. Had at least one key starter about 75% at game time who didn't last very long. I believe 4 staters were out by half time. Still have some work to do. With adjustments and healing they will show better In games to come.

KG piled up the injuries. Had at least one key starter about 75% at game time who didn't last very long. I believe 4 staters were out by half time. Still have some work to do. With adjustments and healing they will show better In games to come.
Injuries do happen but just expected more from KG after last weeks performance. Essex is always good but you just can't lose to a 1A team like that and expect to do much in your own Division. Disappointing for KG. well done Essex.

Agree with you to some degree on the loss to Essex, but Essex is pretty freaking good. They beat goochland who is a sound 2a, and goochland was pretty even with Powhatan. I know you cannot always go off of scores but Essex is not a slouch

Reactions: gwb16
I agree with Shauntclair , you just can't lose to a 1A team , even if state champion quality 1A. But if it makes KG feel any better , there are probably at least 15 teams in 4A that Essex could beat.

I agree 4A should beat 1A, Essex is a very good team. This is the first competition KG has faced this year and Essex punch KG right in the mouth. Essex will be a force to deal with all year and KG will regroup and win ball games.

Off to see Courtland first hand tonight, good luck to RB and Courtland. Watched Chancellor play RB last week and it was a hard fought game. Chancellor is a big physical team with a QB that can extend plays with his athletic ability and good line play.

I agree with Shauntclair , you just can't lose to a 1A team , even if state champion quality 1A. But if it makes KG feel any better , there are probably at least 15 teams in 4A that Essex could beat.
Nothing against Essex. They are very good and really exciting to watch. They are an HR6 team. Some good skill players that they're gonna' be chucking the ball to on almost every play. They're coming at you and will apply pressure all night. Win or lose, they come out swinging. The surprise here was that the Essex defense was as effective as it was against the KG offense, especially after the 40+ they laid down last week.

As far as 15 teams? That's about right but that's probably a conservative number. If you ever get a chance to see them Hammy, you should. Essex is probably one of the most exciting teams I've ever seen. In their mind, every play should be a TD and it shows.

I would normally agree that a good 4A should always defeat a 1A, but as shauntclair and snooka responded, Essex is certainly not your typical 1A football team. Just ask JM coach Serbay....

I could fairly easily argue that Essex would be the #1 ranked team in 2A. King George should not let this loss derail their season, keep working hard and stay together.

shauntclair, you get a chance to see Essex again in their return to JM on October 2nd. So far this Essex team relies on size, speed, and a crazy good D. However, maybe the passing game will be fully ready (new QB, Broaddus graduated) by JM time.

Essex non district schedule- 2A Goochland (ranked), 4A King George, 2A King William (ranked), 3A James Monroe (ranked), 5A Deep Run

Could anyone tell us about Deep Run football? Not at all familiar with them. Thanks in advance!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT