ADVERTISEMENT

1A West Ratings

G MASTER BLASTER W

VaPreps All District
Aug 30, 2012
Does anyone have an update on the new 1A West points after all the game from last week are finally over?

This is what I have from the VHSL website.
1. JI Burton. 20.0000
2. GW. 19.5000
3. Hurley 19.0000
3. Bland 19.0000
5. PM 18.8333
6. Radford 18.5000
7. Auburn 18.1666
8. Northwood 17.428
9. Honaker 17.285
10. PH. 17.166
11. RR 16.714
12. Narrows 16.666
13. Twin Valley 16.166
14. Galax 13.833
15. Twin Spr 13.666
16. Covington 13.428

Thanks for the update if things ended now and the playoffs started Hurley would have a very bad round 1 match up. From the film I've seen on hurley Galax would easily beat them by 50.

Last edited:
Yeah, that would be a tough draw for a first round game from a visitor. I would guarantee these change a bit before the end of season.

Oh yeah no doubt they will change a good bit 1 and 2 might stay the same they could switch in position but I don't think Burton gets beat again and anyone would be hard pressed to convince me that GW gets beat again we have nothing left on our schedule.

This list confirms beyond a doubt that 16 is too many teams! I'm not going to bad mouth an individual team, but come one. Making the playoffs should mean something!

I do agree to a point but if that was the case and the playoffs started today a team like Galax would be left out and they definitely deserve to be in the playoffs.

And I also think that there are 2 teams in the top 5 right now that cant compete with GW, Radford, Honaker, Galax, PM or burton and that's bland and hurley they just don't have the talent or depth. We will get to see if I'm right about one of those match up's tomorrow with Honaker vs hurley

I do agree to a point but if that was the case and the playoffs started today a team like Galax would be left out and they definitely deserve to be in the playoffs.

I know. I'm just thinking of GW and the MED (normally. Galax had an odd season out). Out of district play is the best part of their schedule.
On another note James Monroe WV is killin' it just across the border. I know a lot of our VA athletes know a few of those kids, so GO MAVS!

Yeah very true both teams non district is the best part of the schedule GW has handled it pretty well with the exception of Radford who I think if we play again will be a different game. And Galax hasn't been beat up in any game so far they have been right there in all 4 losses this season. Congrats to the Mavs good luck on the rest of the season.

Galax has a very talented coaching squad. I don't think they have many seniors at all. I may be wrong. I believe each game they lost was within 2 minutes 4th qtr. Maybe except when they played Giles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT