ADVERTISEMENT

2-0 GW Danville @ 2-0 Jefferson Forest

Glass plays on Thursday next week so I’m going to try and make it to that one.

My heart says GW because JF “struggled” with MV in 30-18 win but maybe MV is much better than I thought or JF isn’t as good as I thought...but then I say JF because I’m biased towards the Seminole. Who knows

This game will be a measuring stick for the defense. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again..GW will be a serious contender if their defense improves. What a way to test your defense.. Hackworth, Blake and Cupit.. I trust my guys are up for the challenge.

Reactions: iskolinbckers
Maybe I’m biased but I don’t see JF being able to score on GW consistently. I’m going out on a limb and say GW confirms the preseason talk that they are a premier team in the state.
Preseason talk was all done by you. Premier team in the state is a little strong, but GW wins this one by two touchdowns.

Here is what I see... a GW team who is always filled with athletes but seems to have finally gotten their defense in check. A JF team who always has a high powered offense and has a vastly improved defense. A game that GW won last year on a last minute field goal 57-56 (I think?) AT GW. So we have two potent offenses with improved defenses in a nail biter but this year at Sabre stadium... I wouldn’t fault anybody for saying GW for the win. But the folks that have GW in a blowout... I’m just confused but they probably know something i don’t.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Here is what I see... a GW team who is always filled with athletes but seems to have finally gotten their defense in check. A JF team who always has a high powered offense and has a vastly improved defense. A game that GW won last year on a last minute field goal 57-56 (I think?) AT GW. So we have two potent offenses with improved defenses in a nail biter but this year at Sabre stadium... I wouldn’t fault anybody for saying GW for the win. But the folks that have GW in a blowout... I’m just confused but they probably know something i don’t.

Haven't seen either team, just a guess and what I hear and read. I could be WAY off

It won’t be a blowout. One thing that people fail to realize is that most of this JF team were thrown into the fire as freshmen and sophomores after the 2015 JF team graduated. They’ve taken there lumps. Definitely not a team to sleep on.

Reactions: MrSir#5
Just what I have read on here, I would expect a high scoring game. I do know GW has always had great talent. If the defense is much improved like has been said, then 4 scores sounds right, if not then I Dunno.

No matter who wins and margin of victory, should not define either team. Salem got beat pretty bad last year, and I have seen big turn around after big blowouts in regular season

This game will come down to defense and execution and turnovers. WE want to see it as a basketball score and it may end up like that but it may come down to who stops who the most or a timely turnover. The sound from Danville is that they are better than last year due to experience and defense. The sound from Forest is that they are better defensively and do not have , so far the rash of injuries. This will probably be close until late. That is my feeling.

This game will come down to defense and execution and turnovers. WE want to see it as a basketball score and it may end up like that but it may come down to who stops who the most or a timely turnover. The sound from Danville is that they are better than last year due to experience and defense. The sound from Forest is that they are better defensively and do not have , so far the rash of injuries. This will probably be close until late. That is my feeling.
I would have to disagree with you on this GW played JF with a lot of injuries last year and still won on a nail bitter FG as was stated by DSH!! Both teams will be at full strength I’m assuming this time around!!! With that being said I really don’t see this game being close if JF went to the hole(MV) and didn’t dominate GW will for sure show you why they are better than last years team as a whole! No disrespect to MV but I think they have some things to figure out as far as the QB situation is concerned! GW totally Dominated MV 45-0 last year fully healthy. JF will be pumped up in the beginning of the game but once reality set in GW will be too much for JF to handle! Defense win Championships Offense sell tickets!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT