ADVERTISEMENT

2 Kids from the far corner of SWVA that can flat out play, Gate City and Union

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018
Carson Jenkins is projected to play slot at the next level. He's an upcoming senior at Gate City and has committed to William and Mary. Congrats to him. I think he can play higher than that. Just one guy's opinion. This kid has great hands and just stupid speed. An absolute burst. Playing at the FCS level, he's going to be a superstar. I could easily see this kid at UVA, Tech, WVU, Tennessee playing slot and doing well at that level. I wouldn't be surprised if he has more offers/major FBS offers by season's end. As many know, Gate City has struggled since around 2015 and for the first time in the programs history, they have been really down. So, some of this may be that this kid has played on a team that has struggled. He runs a 4.4, slight sub 4.4 forty. Incredible player and another solid one at the 2A level.

Zavier Lomax-upcoming senior running back for the Union Bears. He already has one D1 offer from Morehead State. Kid is a typical Union football player in that........he's hard nose, smart, tough, and just a flat out excellent football player in technique. He's also going to pile up more offers as the season progresses and this kid runs with determination and flat out anger. He's very quick and has an excellent first step, excellent vision, very good hands, and he has great balance and packs solid power.

Congrats to both of these 2 young men from the far southwest corner of our state. Once again, I can't recall a year where the 2A level in Virginia has had this many kids with this many major offers. It's just crazy, from Big Stone Gap, VA all the way to Nottoway to King William. There are more than a handful of kids at the 2A level that either already have Div 1/FBS offers, or will have them by season's end.

Last edited:
Carson Jenkins is projected to play slot at the next level. He's an upcoming senior at Gate City and has committed to William and Mary. Congrats to him. I think he can play higher than that. Just one guy's opinion. This good has great hands and just stupid speed. An absolute burst. Playing at the FCS level, he's going to be a superstar. I could easily see this kid at UVA, Tech, WVU, Tennessee playing slot and doing well at that level. I wouldn't be surprised if he has more offers/major FBS offers by season's end. As many know, Gate City has struggled since around 2015 and for the first time in the programs history, they have been really down. So, some of this may be that this kid has played on a team that has struggled. He runs a 4.4, slight sub 4.4 forty. Incredible player and another solid one at the 2A level.

Xavier Lomax-upcoming senior running back for the Union Bears. He already has one D1 offer from Morehead State. Kid is a typical Union football player in that........he's hard nose, smart, tough, and just a flat out excellent football player in technique. He's also going to pile up more offers as the season progresses and this kid runs with determination and flat out anger. He's very quick and has an excellent first step, excellent vision, very good hands, and he has great balance and packs solid power.

Congrats to both of these 2 young men from the far southwest corner of our state. Once again, I can't recall a year where the 2A level in Virginia has had this many kids with this many major offers. It's just crazy, from Big Stone Gap, VA all the way to Nottoway to King William. There are more than a handful of kids at the 2A level that either already have Div 1/FBS offers, or will have them by season's end.
It just goes to show that there's excellent football players at all levels. So many kids and their parents too, think they have to go to a bigger high school or a private school to get a D1 scholarship, but if you're good enough, the colleges will find you. Look at 1A star, Cameron Seldon of Northumberland. He is out in the middle of nowhere, yet he's the #34 ranked player in the entire country for the class of 2023.

It just goes to show that there's excellent football players at all levels. So many kids and their parents too, think they have to go to a bigger high school or a private school to get a D1 scholarship, but if you're good enough, the colleges will find you. Look at 1A star, Cameron Seldon of Northumberland. He is out in the middle of nowhere, yet he's the #34 ranked player in the entire country for the class of 2023.
There’s an old saying, “If an athlete is good enough he/she will be discovered.” With film exchange and film being sent out to college recruiters a lot of unknown players are being discovered. Parents should realize this but they don’t comprehend for some reason.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
There’s an old saying, “If an athlete is good enough he/she will be discovered.” With film exchange and film being sent out to college recruiters a lot of unknown players are being discovered. Parents should realize this but they don’t comprehend for some reason.
Some parents just believe anything people tell them and a lot of times these kids and parents are getting bad advice

Carson Jenkins is projected to play slot at the next level. He's an upcoming senior at Gate City and has committed to William and Mary. Congrats to him. I think he can play higher than that. Just one guy's opinion. This kid has great hands and just stupid speed. An absolute burst. Playing at the FCS level, he's going to be a superstar. I could easily see this kid at UVA, Tech, WVU, Tennessee playing slot and doing well at that level. I wouldn't be surprised if he has more offers/major FBS offers by season's end. As many know, Gate City has struggled since around 2015 and for the first time in the programs history, they have been really down. So, some of this may be that this kid has played on a team that has struggled. He runs a 4.4, slight sub 4.4 forty. Incredible player and another solid one at the 2A level.

Zavier Lomax-upcoming senior running back for the Union Bears. He already has one D1 offer from Morehead State. Kid is a typical Union football player in that........he's hard nose, smart, tough, and just a flat out excellent football player in technique. He's also going to pile up more offers as the season progresses and this kid runs with determination and flat out anger. He's very quick and has an excellent first step, excellent vision, very good hands, and he has great balance and packs solid power.

After calling the Class 2 State Semi-final game between Union and Appomattox on WBRG, I can vouch that Zavier Lomax is the real deal. I predict the Bears and the Raiders will have a rematch on December 4 in Bragg Stadium.

Reactions: oldfool2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT