ADVERTISEMENT

2 questions were you put 7000 fans at byrd

3puttcharlie

VaPreps Varsity
Jul 31, 2013
no matter who wins the game the connsession stands make 20,000. the broadcast team of wrtz1410 will be in the house.GO SALEM

Reactions: Salem1306
no matter who wins the game the connsession stands make 20,000. the broadcast team of wrtz1410 will be in the house.GO SALEM
Same place you put em when you played Jefferson forest last year lol but honestly from google maps the visitor seating doesn't look that bad. It's definitely way more than Jefferson forest

Last edited:
Same place you put em when you played Jefferson forest last year lol but honestly from google maps the visitor seating doesn't look that bad. It's definitely way more than Jefferson forest

Byrd's seating is not terrible, if you get there early. It's typical of many high schools in Virginia. It's way ahead of JF's substandard facility. Fortunately, my in-laws live a few miles down 24 from WB, so my wife and I will eat take-out over there, then trundle on up the road a little before 6:00.

Byrd has average HS seating but Salem fills the stands for regular season games there so this will definitely be full and then some. If anything the parking is what will be the worst. That place is one way in and one way out, makes for some nasty jams during busy games.

Byrd has average HS seating but Salem fills the stands for regular season games there so this will definitely be full and then some. If anything the parking is what will be the worst. That place is one way in and one way out, makes for some nasty jams during busy games.
If the van I have been using for games this year is operating Fri, the day after Thanksgiving, I should be able to make the Byrd/Salem game, but I'll probably have to sit on the Byrd side if they have a place for handi-capable to sit and actually see the game. I know Northside and Cave Spring/Hidden Valley added places on their home sides that are accessible and you can actually see the game. It's been several years since I've been to Byrd Idk if they've added a similar deck or an accessible viewing area. If they have I'll have to try and get there early I'm sure those seats (if they exist, fill up fast)

The visitor side is ok if your on the top few rows. The bottom 3 or 4 are useless because you cant see over the fans walking by.

If the van I have been using for games this year is operating Fri, the day after Thanksgiving, I should be able to make the Byrd/Salem game, but I'll probably have to sit on the Byrd side if they have a place for handi-capable to sit and actually see the game. I know Northside and Cave Spring/Hidden Valley added places on their home sides that are accessible and you can actually see the game. It's been several years since I've been to Byrd Idk if they've added a similar deck or an accessible viewing area. If they have I'll have to try and get there early I'm sure those seats (if they exist, fill up fast)
They haven't done anything to either side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT