ADVERTISEMENT

2 Spartans selected for VHSCA All Star team

Congrats...I didn't know they were doing nominations and selections so early. I do know however that a lot of kids in Tidewater are playing in the Nike All-Star game that we are having down here. It's closer and you don't have to stay in Lynchburg the whole week. I see this game losing more luster and not really being a true state all-star game after awhile.

Congrats...I didn't know they were doing nominations and selections so early. I do know however that a lot of kids in Tidewater are playing in the Nike All-Star game that we are having down here. It's closer and you don't have to stay in Lynchburg the whole week. I see this game losing more luster and not really being a true state all-star game after awhile.
I think they are doing it early because the game is going to be December 20th instead of the normal June or July date. I think the game is at LU the week after the championship game if I'm not mistaken.

I think they are doing it early because the game is going to be December 20th instead of the normal June or July date. I think the game is at LU the week after the championship game if I'm not mistaken.
I understand all of that I'm just saying the kids in Tidewater that are any good are taking part in an Nike All-Star game here that same week. Also, top kids going to big time colleges are trying to play in the Under Armour, US Army, and other top ranked all-star games. I just feel like staying at Liberty in December for a week isn't as appealing as playing at home so your family and friends can see.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I understand all of that I'm just saying the kids in Tidewater that are any good are taking part in an Nike All-Star game here that same week. Also, top kids going to big time colleges are trying to play in the Under Armour, US Army, and other top ranked all-star games. I just feel like staying at Liberty in December for a week isn't as appealing as playing at home so your family and friends can see.
Sorry I didn't realize Nike All Star game was the same week as the VHSCA. That makes sense for the kids in Tidewater to play in that game then. Where is the Nike game being held?

Sorry I didn't realize Nike All Star game was the same week as the VHSCA. That makes sense for the kids in Tidewater to play in that game then. Where is the Nike game being held?
In Norfolk at Powhatan Stadium which is on the campus of ODU.

Reactions: mike salem
Have you got a link for all of the VHSCA selections? Or I guess it's simply on their web site.
I'm afraid the shift to late Dec. is a damned if you do, damned if you don't. Well, if nothing else, a bunch of kids will get to play in an All Star game that wouldn't otherwise.

I agree, Mike. Awful hard to justify the expense of a week in Lynchburg when you get pretty darn good exposure in your own backyard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT