ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Eastern VIew schedule?

nope, but I heard the warriors are no longer scrimmaging the Cyclones, a regular scheduled game is added between the two.

Sheeeeeerando upgrade!

So you're telling me the Tribe has added Louisa AND Eastern View for 2015? Nice move ... finally! You choose to play fellow 4A North teams instead of (I assume) the cupcakes across the border, like Washington and Musselman.

Really, I think ALL of Sherando's opponents (outside the NWD) should come from 4A North.

Re: Sheeeeeerando upgrade!

Well I dont see Sherando dropping Martinsburg , at least till the Warriors beat them once haha... and the adding of Fort Hill, MD is definitely a challenge. Saw some film on them , they look tough and just won there 2nd consecutive State championship last Saturday. I also dont think Mussleman is a cupcake they have had a lot of good teams over the years. Most of there best talent is going to Martinsburg now, If Mussleman is a cupcake, then what are James Wood and Millbrook? burnt pie crust?

Re: Salem picks up Amherst county drops Franklin county!

So you drop the worse team in 6A , and add a team that has been bad lately in Amherst. I would have kept the 6A points.
chairshot.r191677.gif

Amherst is coming up

They played a number of sophomores the 2nd half of the season and they actually won a few games late. They might not be what they were 6 years ago but they are slowly climbing back into contention and I'd bet money they'll host a first round game in 4A North in the next two years. They will provide Salem with more of a challenge than Franklin County IMO.

lately is the key word, but will change

Burnt Pie Crust...? Man, I like that one!

It was just not Salem's decision. I don't think you understand the attendance that these two teams draw when they play each other. I think it is a good decision. The team that Salem has and will have those points will not make that much difference in my opinion. Besides Amherst is on the way up.

I agree with all that Wikki, glad your team is making a comeback. that's one of the reasons Sherando plays Martinsburg, they bring a lot of fans.

I probably should have made it clear that Franklin County dropped Salem

Would love to see a Salem vs GW Danville regular season series. Amherst is going to be back to its winning ways in a couple more years. Great program in Amherst County and I'm glad GW and Amherst can continue their rivalry!

Re: Amherst is coming up

They have been saying that for the last several years. You'll be able to easily determine when they are for real again because the lancer fans(outside of wikki and the occasional straggler) will magically reappear out of the woodwork on these boards. Been mostly crickets for quite a while though.

You may want to verify your info. Amherst has reportedly dropped GW and GW is now looking for a game.

my franklin county source just told me they picked up william fleming for the next cycle. fc just needs the right coach there. i never thought jones was totally committed.

Re: Sheeeeeerando upgrade!

You HAVE to play James Wood and Millbrook. That's two of your district games. You DON'T have to play Washington, Musselman, or like the Tribe did not too long ago, Hedgesville. There's a difference in that "burnt pie crust."

Like I said, I admire how Barbe has gone out and got Louisa, Eastern View, and Fort Hill on the schedule (Liberty, I believe, is no longer on the slate). You should also look to play regional opponents. Same classification gives you a gauge of where you are and a better sense of prep in case you have to play them again beyond game 10.

Also, here's a refresher from English 101:

It's "just won THEIR (really, it should be ITS) 2nd consecutive ..." Not THERE.

And it's "Most of THEIR best talent is ...." Not THERE.

Yo. Happy Holidays, hammy!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT