ADVERTISEMENT

2017 schedules??

Aug 12, 2016
Seminole/Dogwood
I am seeking help to find the 2017 schedule. I am unable to find it on VHSL website. I have found some teams on various sites, and other schools I know who they are playing just not sure the dates/order. If anyone can assist I would appreciate the help

I believe it is late May or June before the VHSL post the schedules. Many districts post their schedules on their web sites as they are finalized. And of course, the schedules will show up piecemeal here on Preps.

Last edited:
I am seeking help to find the 2017 schedule. I am unable to find it on VHSL website. I have found some teams on various sites, and other schools I know who they are playing just not sure the dates/order. If anyone can assist I would appreciate the help
Official VHSL schedules will come in early August.

If you want specific team schedules, go to the school websites.

Salem out of conference. Dinwiddie,. Amherst, Northside, Franklin County. In conference Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Hidden Valley, Cave Spring, Patrick Henry, Pulaski County.

Dinwiddie OOD, Denbigh, Salem, Smithfield.

Not in order, Matoaca, Thomas Dale, Petersburg, Meadowbrook, Prince George, Colonial Heights.

Scrimmages, (subject to change), Home against Lord Botetourt, at LC Bird, (or elsewhere), but should include Henrico.

Reactions: mike salem
I have Blacksburg's complete schedule, including dates, now and most coaches and ADs have them for their schools. As the other poster said, there may be a few teams scrambling to nail down a 9th and/or 10th game right now, but most schedules are set shortly after the end of the season. The VHSL doesn't publish them until late July or so because things can happen over the summer and the VHSL won't publish them until things are pretty much set in stone. That's fairly standard practice for HS football scheduling in Virginia.

I'm sure all of the AD's know, coaches too by now I'm sure. There may be several teams scrambling to get a game or 2, but that would be a very few teams. As far as disclosure VHSL won't release till July or August.
They know just don't want to share which is crazy

They know just don't want to share which is crazy

I'm not so sure that it is a reluctance to share as it is coaches needing some downtime after the season to decompress, and the fact that besides the die hard junkies like us there just isn't a big demand to know the schedules at this time of the year. Some coaches may protect that information, but the ones I know don't have a problem sharing, if asked; they just need to get away from things and spend time with their families after a very time-intensive 4-6 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I'm not so sure that is a reluctance to share as it is coaches needing some downtime after the season to decompress, and the fact that besides the die hard junkies like us there just isn't a big demand to know the schedules at this time of the year. Some coaches may protect that information, but the ones I know don't have a problem sharing, if asked; they just need to get away from things and spend time with their families after a very time intensive 4-6 months.
I have gotten it before during basketball season, just a weird vibe

Sherando schedule is not what it has been, I guess I tend to lean towards the tougher the opponents the tougher you will be in the end . I know that theory didn't prove correct last year , but I am sticking with it. This schedule with the new district , was pretty much out of the Football teams hands. Still a decent schedule, I was hoping we could drop Jefferson, and keep Fort Hill, but I am sure there was date conflicts.

Week 1 = James Wood
Week 2= Jefferson WV
week 3 = Broadway
Week 4= Loudoun Valley
Week 5 = Liberty Bealton
Week 6= bye
Week 7= Martinsburg WV
Week 8= Kettle Run
Week 9= Handley
Week10= Fauquier
Week 11= Millbrook

Sherando schedule is not what it has been, I guess I tend to lean towards the tougher the opponents the tougher you will be in the end . I know that theory didn't prove correct last year , but I am sticking with it. This schedule with the new district , was pretty much out of the Football teams hands. Still a decent schedule, I was hoping we could drop Jefferson, and keep Fort Hill, but I am sure there was date conflicts.

Week 1 = James Wood
Week 2= Jefferson WV
week 3 = Broadway
Week 4= Loudoun Valley
Week 5 = Liberty Bealton
Week 6= bye
Week 7= Martinsburg WV
Week 8= Kettle Run
Week 9= Handley
Week10= Fauquier
Week 11= Millbrook
Looks like no worse than 8-2

Cville out of district:

@ EC Glass
James Monroe
Harrisonburg

Well, first and foremost, Charlottesville needs to win all three of these games. And if they do, they will get pretty good points from these three.

I'm not sure if 3A, (Division 3, as it will be known), will adopt the "general consensus" of 8 teams per region make the football playoffs, but finishing 4th or better in your Region can become a big factor come playoff time.

Back to my opening statement though, before you count your points from scheduling better teams, you need to make sure you win. You can schedule Westfield, Highland Springs, and Salem, and lose one of the three and you will struggle with points the rest of the season.

Just my musings.

Well in my opinion nothing wrong with these three.
harrisonburg - cupcake 5A team will be great for points, the Ville should win this one.
JM - no slouch ever! Depending on the year , if it's last year JM , the Ville wins
glass- is getting better, better coaching will get you there! Still got the Ville winning this one also.
Three wins there Blacknight, take that to Vegas!! And bet the house!
Now, I don't think the OOD schedule is the concern
1. Louisa , never a cupcake to anyone.
2 WA - is due after last years debacle
3. Monticello- seriously that facility should get them enough recruits!!
So watch out Black night , but I think y'all be ok.

Well, first and foremost, Charlottesville needs to win all three of these games. And if they do, they will get pretty good points from these three.

I'm not sure if 3A, (Division 3, as it will be known), will adopt the "general consensus" of 8 teams per region make the football playoffs, but finishing 4th or better in your Region can become a big factor come playoff time.

Back to my opening statement though, before you count your points from scheduling better teams, you need to make sure you win. You can schedule Westfield, Highland Springs, and Salem, and lose one of the three and you will struggle with points the rest of the season.

Just my musings.
I like the direction CVille is moving. I always appreciate teams that travel the tough road. They will not win every game. It's what they do during tha game that will define them. Very best of luck. I'm really starting to like these guys.

Charlottesville has One man, he showed me he is trying to get that team on the right track. And he handled some situations perfectly last year, when it could have been a mess. With OneMAn , the Ville will continue to improve

Reactions: blackknight_pride
harrisonburg - cupcake 5A team will be great for points, the Ville should win this one.
JM - no slouch ever! Depending on the year , if it's last year JM , the Ville wins
glass- is getting better, better coaching will get you there! Still got the Ville winning this one also.

LOL if we can win all three, then I think we can finish 7-3 or possibly better.

Yes, I agree, I really like what I'm seeing from our guys. They put in the work. I see them after school every day in the weight room already. These guys have heart. They're tired of losing. So even though we will lose games, our heart will get us through. I think we're gonna be able to build on last year's success.

Yes, I agree, I really like what I'm seeing from our guys. They put in the work. I see them after school every day in the weight room already. These guys have heart. They're tired of losing. So even though we will lose games, our heart will get us through. I think we're gonna be able to build on last year's success.
Blacknight , you should be hitting that weight room also! , step up and be part of the squad!

We've got our hands full next year non-district.
I wouldn't call Hburg a cupcake, wouldn't exactly call them the best team on our schedule either but they've sent guys to FCS schools each of the past two years, may not this year but their QB is son of JMU AD, 6'3 210 with big arm and young RB-DB Marcus Robinson is what I like to call a football player, depending on how he develops, he'll continue that FCS trend they've got going in two more years.
JM was very young last year and went 9-3, we 7on7 with them every summer and have scrimmaged them each of the past 4 seasons, beating us pretty good each time. Our guys will be excited about that game for those reasons. They've owned us when it doesn't count, hopefully we can return the favor when it counts.
EC Glass is without a doubt the game I have circled huge, mainly for personal reasons. My cousin and HS position coach both are on staff and I'm great friends with Woody and Lovelace, the HC and DC. Our programs both had historic seasons this past fall and we both expect to take another step this coming fall. They have my favorite football player outside of our program, Thomas Patterson. Go watch his tape, FOOTBALL player folks. Great instincts, plays hard and it's evident how much he enjoys playing. They've got a lot of young guns and I've heard great things about their offseason program thus far. The opener should be very fun.

As for our district schedule. Its much more balanced compared to last year. We finished last season with Albemarle, Powhatan, Orange, WA and Louisa after beating Monticello and Fluvanna. This year we close with Fluvanna, Louisa, Albemarle, Western, Monticello. We get Orange and Powhatan back to back after the nondistrict; with both of them similar style pro style offenses, nice to have them in consecutive weeks. AHS, WA, Monticello all run spread and we catch them consecutively. People sometimes underestimate the order in which you face you district rivals. You all know each other and you get different schemes and styles. When you go from facing spread one week to single wing to pro style back to spread to wing-t, schemes and rules can get confusing for HS kids. I'd def say we lucked up with our district slate, at least the order in which we face teams.

Now from a ranking perspective, I'd go with this.
1. Albemarle - defending champ returns QB Anderson and they keep 65 kids on the roster, they'll fill in the holes left from graduation. BI is great coach and they are top dog until they're defeated.
2. Louisa - Whalen, Bell, Smith and Thurston return as standouts. The offense is a nightmare for a DC. Their defense must improve; could probably say that about the whole district, but they have talent to make noise.
3. Orange - As talented as anybody top to bottom. The weakness appeared to be in the trenches for them, not for lack of talent again but more less lack of consistency. They lost the big backs but I'd expect them to open up the offense a bit with all the skill guys they have. Talent can't be taught and they have it, if Lohr can get them more consistent, look out!
4. Western Albemarle - Domecq is back, he's the best QB returning IMO. Can run, throughs well on the run, great with pre-snap reads. Redmond got the offense going in the 2nd half of the season, if they tighten up the defense, they'll be contending for the district title.
5. Powhatan - They lose a ton of talent but return the QB and their JV went undefeated. I know this doesn't translate all the time, which is why I have them at 5. Don't get it twisted though, they have a great coach and the kids their believe in the program. They play hard and are always tough. They'll be in the mix for sure. Keep an eye on them in scrimmage to see how the new guys are fitting into their new roles.
6. Monticello - Most would argue Jarrell is the best QB in district, I wouldn't be mad. He's got a stronger arm than Domecq, just a step below as a runner but to be honest, they're very comparable all the way around. Lloyd really impressed me with his defensive schemes a year ago, just lacked the talent to get over the hump and win those close games. Their JV wasn't great last year which is why I have them here.
7. Fluvanna - Their coach has the ball rolling, we'll see how much progress they've made and we'll also see if he can keep the homegrown talent from going to FUMA, STAB, Blue Ridge and Covenant. They had some talent on their JV, and they've always had numbers and support. Until they win a district game, you have to put them here. This could be the year. Keep grinding Flucos!

As for the Black Knights. We're working. 7 wins isn't enough and for some odd reason the numbers 57-8 keep popping up in my head. Motivation! I'll drop more on us this spring/summer once the 7 on 7 tourneys begin.

This is all my personal opinion as well. From what I know each team has returning and from watching JV games. I could be completely wrong, players could also transfer so take it with a grain of salt. By all means lets keep the convo going while the offseason slithers along. Only 1 more football game until college spring games, how depressing.

To all the teams, coaches and players out there...Keep working! The season will be here before you know it!!

We've got our hands full next year non-district.
I wouldn't call Hburg a cupcake, wouldn't exactly call them the best team on our schedule either but they've sent guys to FCS schools each of the past two years, may not this year but their QB is son of JMU AD, 6'3 210 with big arm and young RB-DB Marcus Robinson is what I like to call a football player, depending on how he develops, he'll continue that FCS trend they've got going in two more years.
JM was very young last year and went 9-3, we 7on7 with them every summer and have scrimmaged them each of the past 4 seasons, beating us pretty good each time. Our guys will be excited about that game for those reasons. They've owned us when it doesn't count, hopefully we can return the favor when it counts.
EC Glass is without a doubt the game I have circled huge, mainly for personal reasons. My cousin and HS position coach both are on staff and I'm great friends with Woody and Lovelace, the HC and DC. Our programs both had historic seasons this past fall and we both expect to take another step this coming fall. They have my favorite football player outside of our program, Thomas Patterson. Go watch his tape, FOOTBALL player folks. Great instincts, plays hard and it's evident how much he enjoys playing. They've got a lot of young guns and I've heard great things about their offseason program thus far. The opener should be very fun.

As for our district schedule. Its much more balanced compared to last year. We finished last season with Albemarle, Powhatan, Orange, WA and Louisa after beating Monticello and Fluvanna. This year we close with Fluvanna, Louisa, Albemarle, Western, Monticello. We get Orange and Powhatan back to back after the nondistrict; with both of them similar style pro style offenses, nice to have them in consecutive weeks. AHS, WA, Monticello all run spread and we catch them consecutively. People sometimes underestimate the order in which you face you district rivals. You all know each other and you get different schemes and styles. When you go from facing spread one week to single wing to pro style back to spread to wing-t, schemes and rules can get confusing for HS kids. I'd def say we lucked up with our district slate, at least the order in which we face teams.

Now from a ranking perspective, I'd go with this.
1. Albemarle - defending champ returns QB Anderson and they keep 65 kids on the roster, they'll fill in the holes left from graduation. BI is great coach and they are top dog until they're defeated.
2. Louisa - Whalen, Bell, Smith and Thurston return as standouts. The offense is a nightmare for a DC. Their defense must improve; could probably say that about the whole district, but they have talent to make noise.
3. Orange - As talented as anybody top to bottom. The weakness appeared to be in the trenches for them, not for lack of talent again but more less lack of consistency. They lost the big backs but I'd expect them to open up the offense a bit with all the skill guys they have. Talent can't be taught and they have it, if Lohr can get them more consistent, look out!
4. Western Albemarle - Domecq is back, he's the best QB returning IMO. Can run, throughs well on the run, great with pre-snap reads. Redmond got the offense going in the 2nd half of the season, if they tighten up the defense, they'll be contending for the district title.
5. Powhatan - They lose a ton of talent but return the QB and their JV went undefeated. I know this doesn't translate all the time, which is why I have them at 5. Don't get it twisted though, they have a great coach and the kids their believe in the program. They play hard and are always tough. They'll be in the mix for sure. Keep an eye on them in scrimmage to see how the new guys are fitting into their new roles.
6. Monticello - Most would argue Jarrell is the best QB in district, I wouldn't be mad. He's got a stronger arm than Domecq, just a step below as a runner but to be honest, they're very comparable all the way around. Lloyd really impressed me with his defensive schemes a year ago, just lacked the talent to get over the hump and win those close games. Their JV wasn't great last year which is why I have them here.
7. Fluvanna - Their coach has the ball rolling, we'll see how much progress they've made and we'll also see if he can keep the homegrown talent from going to FUMA, STAB, Blue Ridge and Covenant. They had some talent on their JV, and they've always had numbers and support. Until they win a district game, you have to put them here. This could be the year. Keep grinding Flucos!

As for the Black Knights. We're working. 7 wins isn't enough and for some odd reason the numbers 57-8 keep popping up in my head. Motivation! I'll drop more on us this spring/summer once the 7 on 7 tourneys begin.

This is all my personal opinion as well. From what I know each team has returning and from watching JV games. I could be completely wrong, players could also transfer so take it with a grain of salt. By all means lets keep the convo going while the offseason slithers along. Only 1 more football game until college spring games, how depressing.

To all the teams, coaches and players out there...Keep working! The season will be here before you know it!!

Hey One Man, are we at Orange this year again? Or do we get them at home.

Hey One Man, are we at Orange this year again? Or do we get them at home.

Back to Porterfield again this year. I'm actually glad because that was hands down our worst performance of the year, Orange obviously had something to do with that. It's district opener and both teams will be coming off from bye if I'm not mistaken. I enjoyed the environment of Porterfield, playing surface was better than I thought it would be considering its a baseball outfield. The fans being so close to the field makes for a great atmosphere. Now if we can get some competent refs this year, it should be a great game.

Back to Porterfield again this year. I'm actually glad because that was hands down our worst performance of the year, Orange obviously had something to do with that. It's district opener and both teams will be coming off from bye if I'm not mistaken. I enjoyed the environment of Porterfield, playing surface was better than I thought it would be considering its a baseball outfield. The fans being so close to the field makes for a great atmosphere. Now if we can get some competent refs this year, it should be a great game.

Haha, yes. I was at the game at Porterfield this year. Opened the game with a TD for Folley, and after that it was all downhill. It just wasn't our night, and I agree, I think the refs had something to do with that :mad:

Also, who are you? I think you teach here at CHS but I've never introduced myself to you, unless I already know you LOL.

Lake Taylor OOD Schedule:
Phoebus, Western Branch, @ Freedom (Woodbridge)

Good looking schedule Mike. The QB from Freedom is the real deal. He was at JM as a soph and saw him last summer in 7 on 7 with JM, was a few weeks before he transferred to Freedom. He's quick, should be a scholarship player, likely DB as he's only 5'9-5'10 but fearless would be the word I'd use. How's things looking out there? Any can't miss FBS prospects coming up?

Haha, yes. I was at the game at Porterfield this year. Opened the game with a TD for Folley, and after that it was all downhill. It just wasn't our night, and I agree, I think the refs had something to do with that :mad:

Also, who are you? I think you teach here at CHS but I've never introduced myself to you, unless I already know you LOL.

Mr. Cherebin; 9th grade Health/PE

So if I were to make my non-expert pick for Cville, here they are:

@ EC Glass, W 1-0
vs James Monroe, L 1-1
vs Harrisonburg, W, 2-1
@ Orange County, W, 3-1
@ Powhatan, W, 4-1
vs Fluvanna County, W, 5-1
@ Albemarle, L, 5-2
vs Western Albemarle, W, 6-2
@ Louisa County, L, 6-3
vs Monticello, W, 7-3

GW ood schedule: Amherst, Jefferson Forest, LCA
Toughest schedule in recent memory for GW. Add Franklin County, Magna Vista, and Tunstall and you have possibly 6 playoff teams on your schedule. I can't remember the last time they played more than 4 (LEGITIMATE) playoff teams during the regular season.

Toughest schedule in recent memory for GW. Add Franklin County, Magna Vista, and Tunstall and you have possibly 6 playoff teams on your schedule. I can't remember the last time they played more than 4 (LEGITIMATE) playoff teams during the regular season.
It's a good schedule. GW has definitely made the effort to step up these last few years. Due respect.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT