ADVERTISEMENT

Nov 19, 2007
With Salem winning the 4A Title..What is everyone's thoughts on next season? I know we are 7-8 months away but it's always good to hear what people are thinking. Do some of these teams have an abundance of younger players? Solid J.V. teams? Just wondering.

With Salem winning the 4A Title..What is everyone's thoughts on next season? I know we are 7-8 months away but it's always good to hear what people are thinking. Do some of these teams have an abundance of younger players? Solid J.V. teams? Just wondering.
I can really only speak for Salem but they will be interesting next year. They should have a very good front 7 on defense but have to find replacements for several three year starters in the secondary. They have a few really talented freshman that will play next year, including a RB/LB that is as good as I have seen as a freshman at Salem.

The OL loses three guys but have two good returners and another player that I feel is very good that will step in. Finding two tackles, will the be big challenge. Tucker/Quinn will be hard to replace at WR but they do have a few talented players waiting to get a shot. The JV team lost won game to Franklin County (Team to watch in the near future) and pretty much smoked everyone else. The 7th and 8th grade teams both had a crazy amount of players and both were undefeated. This sophomore class is very small and probably the weakest single class they have had in forever, mainly due to just not having numbers.

I think next year's team will be good but I think the teams coming in after that will be some of the most talented teams Salem has ever had... time will tell.

One team that I think will surprise people is Sherando. The season they had got largely discounted due to the blowout loss in the playoffs but they were very young and have a lot to prove. I would be absolutely shocked if they didn't return to the semi-finals next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT