9) King George (2-2): 19.25
10) Dinwiddie (1-3): 19.0
11) Courtland (1-4): 15.8
12) Orange (1-4): 15.4
13) Lee-Davis (0-4): 15.0
14) George Wythe (0-4): 14.25
15) Hanover (0-4): 14.0
16) Caroline (0-4): 13.75

Dinwiddie has some work to do if they wanna get in the playoffs.
More than half the season to go and they played some strong caliber teams. I see them getting in and being a dangerous draw.

@Lafayette Dinwiddie just lost to Prince George, plays improved Petersburg this week who's basically another PG, and still has Hopewell and Dale to play. They would have to win at least 2 of those games, and get a lot of help from the rest of the region, to have a small chance of getting in this year.

Reactions: CHUKNOW
Wow...didn't see they lost to Prince George. They've boat-raced them for the last 7 years. I find it hard to believe that PG improved that much between now and last year.

Dinwiddie will be fine. They should make the playoffs with the power schedule they have.
I would've thought so too. But did anyone see this loss to PG coming? I would've bet the house on Dinwiddie.

I would've thought so too. But did anyone see this loss to PG coming? I would've bet the house on Dinwiddie.
I did! I saw them play Douglas Freeman and I knew then they had vastly improved. Plus there young the QB and starting RB are sophomores. I look for more improvements next year.

Reactions: LionNation540
I did! I saw them play Douglas Freeman and I knew then they had vastly improved. Plus there young the QB and starting RB are sophomores. I look for more improvements next year.
Prince George team is very disciplined and huge up front. #25 the sophomore runs hard and when they move #1 from Sniffer to RB he is a freight train coming down hill. Win is looking better and better for my improving Truckers!!

Prince George team is very disciplined and huge up front. #25 the sophomore runs hard and when they move #1 from Sniffer to RB he is a freight train coming down hill. Win is looking better and better for my improving Truckers!!
Devils has it pegged. That's the best PG team I've seen in over a decade. #25, and now #1 are beast. My hats off to them. They both run through first contact with ease.

Dinwiddie might be ok to make the playoffs, but two more loses spell doom. With the competition left in the next six games, two more loses are very possible.

Neat stuff in the standings.

Who saw Warhill on top in 4A? Not me, for sure.

How about York at the top in 3A, above Hopewell?

Dinwiddie two games out of the playoff picture?

Sherando, like Dinwiddie, on the outside looking in?

How about Indian River up in 5A sitting in 8th place?

Also, PG sitting above Varina and Henrico in the standings. Wow, what a difference a year makes.

In 6A, Franklin County in 3rd, above Oscar Smith? Another wow!

Dinwiddie is fine. They are 8 total points out of 8th, which is 4 more wins for GW.

Huguenot will actually lose points because of a win over Wythe.

Look at it this way, assume Dinwiddie loses to Hopewell who goes undefeated. They would receive 18 points points for that loss. And if Dale beats Hopewell and both end up 9-1, and Dinwiddie loses to both of them, that is 17 for Hopewell and 23 for Dale. Wythe will equal 22 points for a win. And Huguenot and Powhatan have to play.

And to illustrate it as of now. Remaining schedule and opponents current record.
Huguenot: 10-14
Dinwiddie: 12-13 Theres 2-4 points right there

Dinwiddie is fine. They are 8 total points out of 8th, which is 4 more wins for GW.

Look at it this way, assume Dinwiddie loses to Hopewell who goes undefeated. They would receive 18 points points for that loss. And if Dale beats Hopewell and both end up 9-1, and Dinwiddie loses to both of them, that is 17 for Hopewell and 23 for Dale. Wythe will equal 22 points for a win. And Huguenot and Powhatan have to play.

And to illustrate it as of now. Remaining schedule and opponents current record.
DO NOT SLEEP ON P'BURG

DO NOT SLEEP ON P'BURG

Never said anything about this game. I've never seen Dinwiddie play in person. My whole point was people talking like if they lose a game or 2 more they are eliminated, which is furthest thing from reality. There are MANY factors besides them losing a couple games.

@Gunz41 I can't see a 5-5 or 4-6 Dinwiddie making it in. 6-4 maybe. KG and the other 4B Battlefield teams are much improved and you have to factor them getting points from each other. Powhatan is good enough to finish 8-2 to 6-4 and will get lots of points from their district.

@Gunz41 I can't see a 5-5 or 4-6 Dinwiddie making it in. 6-4 maybe. KG and the other 4B Battlefield teams are much improved and you have to factor them getting points from each other. Powhatan is good enough to finish 8-2 to 6-4 and will get lots of points from their district.

Again a lot of factors. At present, Dinwiddie is 15 points out of 3rd.

So just say GW loses to ECG and wins out. That's 10 of them right there.

Assuming that the remaining 6 games (or 5 in a handful of teams left in state) are district games, if teams in each district lose to the top teams then those even out. So it comes down to which team plays a tougher schedule and receives more rider point.

So just looking at Dinwiddie, a safe estimate of riders is 10 for GW, 3-5 for Massaponax, 3-5 for North Stafford (would only get the 5th for one of those 2), and a couple from Prince George

Very true Gunz, but Dinwiddie has to win 4 games down the stretch regardless. They need to win the next 2 against Petersburg and Motoaca who is another improved team. They will crush Meadowbrook and Colonial Heights I am sure of that. Can they steal one against Hopewell or TD? They will be underdogs in those games. If they can finish 5-5 I think they get in but gotta win the next 2 games, right? Or would they still be in play at 4-6?

Very true Gunz, but Dinwiddie has to win 4 games down the stretch regardless. They need to win the next 2 against Petersburg and Motoaca who is another improved team. They will crush Meadowbrook and Colonial Heights I am sure of that. Can they steal one against Hopewell or TD? They will be underdogs in those games. If they can finish 5-5 I think they get in but gotta win the next 2 games, right? Or would they still be in play at 4-6?
Without breaking down the points I would think it would have to be the right two or three wins. Need some rider point help, yes?

I haven't done Dinwiddie points, my hands and mind are too full doing 2B and a team here or there if someone asks, but I think they "should" be ok losing to Hopewell and Dale and winning the others. Those 2 games don't lose a bunch of points compared to others win "weak" or low point wins

Reactions: mbonape1
Devils has it pegged. That's the best PG team I've seen in over a decade. #25, and now #1 are beast. My hats off to them. They both run through first contact with ease.

Dinwiddie might be ok to make the playoffs, but two more loses spell doom. With the competition left in the next six games, two more loses are very possible.

Neat stuff in the standings.

Who saw Warhill on top in 4A? Not me, for sure.

How about York at the top in 3A, above Hopewell?

Dinwiddie two games out of the playoff picture?

Sherando, like Dinwiddie, on the outside looking in?

How about Indian River up in 5A sitting in 8th place?

Also, PG sitting above Varina and Henrico in the standings. Wow, what a difference a year makes.

In 6A, Franklin County in 3rd, above Oscar Smith? Another wow!

Smith is low because they have played 2 of the worst teams in the SE district and have that loss to a Class 5 team, Highland Springs. Even beating Indian River didn't help that much for now. Look for Smith to be on Top in Reg A at the end of the season. Ocean Lakes could have 2 more losses vs Maury & Salem VB. And with victories vs Smith's better opponents their ratings with bonus points will boost them high enough to host throughout the Reg. A playoffs. It plays out this way every year for us.

Reactions: mbonape1
CLASS 4 REGION C
9/30/2019

(top four schools in each district makes playoffs)
Rank School Record Rating (District)

1 Broad Run 4-0 27.000 (D)

2 Handley 4-0 26.000 (NW)
3 Tuscarora 4-1 25.600 (D)
4 Liberty 4-0 25.000 (NW)
5 Loudoun County 4-1 24.800 (D)
6 Loudoun Valley 3-2 22.600 (D)

7 Millbrook 4-1 22.000 (NW)
8 James Wood 3-1 21.000 (NW)

9 Sherando 2-2 20.250 (NW)
10 Fauquier 2-2 19.500 (NW)
11 Culpeper 1-3 16.750 (NW)
12 Dominion 1-4 16.400 (D)
13 Heritage 1-4 15.000 (D)
14 Park View 0-4 13.250 (D)
15 Kettle Run 0-4 12.500 (NW)

https://www.fauquier.com/sports/wee...cle_d11fde90-e3a3-11e9-84d8-5f0cf9a3162a.html

Last edited:
I thought only district games counted towards standings for playoffs in these two districts?

"Those eight qualifiers will be determined by the win-loss records in each district and not the Virginia High School League's power points rating system that people are accustomed to, though. Teams will need to finish in the top four in their district's standings to participate in the postseason. At the end of the regular season, power ratings will come into play if there's a tie in the standings between three teams or more that can't be broken by the results of head-to-head matchups" - Robert Niedzwiecki Northern Virginia Daily

REGION 4B:

1) Louisa (5-0): 26.8
2) Eastern View (6-0): 24.333
3) Patrick Henry (4-2): 23.667
Spotsylvania (5-1): 23.667
5) Monacan (4-1): 22.6
6) Powhatan (3-2): 21.8
7) King George (3-2): 21.2
8) Chancellor (3-3): 21.167
---
9) Huguenot (2-3): 21.0
10) Dinwiddie (2-3): 20.6
11) Lee-Davis (1-4): 16.8
12) Caroline (1-4): 16.2
13) Orange (1-5): 16.0
14) Courtland (1-5): 15.5
15) George Wythe (0-5): 14.8
16) Hanover (0-5): 13.8

ANALYSIS: Louisa continues with a comfortable lead at the top. Their win over Massaponax, now third in Region 6B, looms large. Patrick Henry jumps from sixth to a tie for third with Spotsylvania, both climbing over Monacan, who defeated winless George Wythe Friday. Powhatan's loss to L.C. Bird sends the Indians to sixth. The big winner Friday was King George, jumping back into the postseason top eight, dropping Huguenot to ninth. Just behind them? Dinwiddie, who ends their skid and gets set to welcome 4-1 Matoaca to Navy Nation Friday. A victory could jump the Generals right back into the top eight.

Both the Lions and Cyclones get one win teams Friday, while Patrick Henry must contend with red hot 5-1 Varina. Spotsylvania has a bye, while Monacan hosts Midlothian and Powhatan goes to Cosby. Powhatan could find themselves back in third place with a win over the Titans, should Patrick Henry fall to the Blue Devils. Lee-Davis has no margin for error, needing to beat Armstrong Friday, Atlee next Friday and either Henrico or Patrick Henry in early November to have any legitimate chance at the postseason. The Confederates will only have nine games count in the VHSL formula because they host St. Christopher's on October 25th.

https://rvasportsnetwork.blogspot.com/2019/10/vhsl-football-region-rankings-october-7.html

Reactions: Nuke91
REGION 4B:

1) Louisa (5-0): 26.8
2) Eastern View (6-0): 24.333
3) Patrick Henry (4-2): 23.667
Spotsylvania (5-1): 23.667
5) Monacan (4-1): 22.6
6) Powhatan (3-2): 21.8
7) King George (3-2): 21.2
8) Chancellor (3-3): 21.167
---
9) Huguenot (2-3): 21.0
10) Dinwiddie (2-3): 20.6
11) Lee-Davis (1-4): 16.8
12) Caroline (1-4): 16.2
13) Orange (1-5): 16.0
14) Courtland (1-5): 15.5
15) George Wythe (0-5): 14.8
16) Hanover (0-5): 13.8

ANALYSIS: Louisa continues with a comfortable lead at the top. Their win over Massaponax, now third in Region 6B, looms large.

https://rvasportsnetwork.blogspot.com/2019/10/vhsl-football-region-rankings-october-7.html
Louisa will need Massaponax to keep winning as the JD (excluding Louisa) went a combined 5-19 in OOD while the Battlefield has gone 10-14 (excluding EV). AS EV picks up District wins that lead will grow smaller and smaller.

Matching up their OOD opponents:
KR and C'ville cancel out
Culpeper will be 0-1 win better than Courtland
Chancelor will be 2-3 wins better than Albemarle
Massaponax will be 3-4 wins better than Orange.
Massaponax is also worth 4 extra bonus points being C6.

Louisa will need Massaponax to keep winning as the JD (excluding Louisa) went a combined 5-19 in OOD while the Battlefield has gone 10-14 (excluding EV). AS EV picks up District wins that lead will grow smaller and smaller.

Matching up their OOD opponents:
KR and C'ville cancel out
Culpeper will be 0-1 win better than Courtland
Chancelor will be 2-3 wins better than Albemarle
Massaponax will be 3-4 wins better than Orange.
Massaponax is also worth 4 extra bonus points being C6.
Kettle Run was a scrimmage so it doesn’t count toward EV.

REGION 4B: 10/14/2019

1) Louisa (6-0): 27.333
2) Eastern View (7-0): 24.857
3) Spotsylvania (5-1): 24.167
4) Monacan (5-1): 23.833
5) Patrick Henry (4-3): 23.429
6) Dinwiddie (3-3): 23.333
7) Huguenot (3-3): 22.167
8) Chancellor (4-3): 22.143
---
9) Powhatan (3-3): 21.667
10) King George (3-3): 20.833
11) Lee-Davis (2-4): 18.833
12) Orange (2-5): 17.286
13) Courtland (1-6): 16.286
14) Hanover (1-5): 16.0
Caroline (1-5): 16.0
16) George Wythe (0-6): 14.667

ANALYSIS: Louisa continues to hold off Eastern View and they have a game in hand. However, three of Louisa's last four opponents are currently sub .500 teams, while the Cyclones still have 3-3 King George, 5-1 Spotsylvania, and 4-3 Chancellor. An upset loss by Louisa certainly opens the door for Eastern View. But what if the Knights knock off the Cyclones, and run the table at 9-1? They have two .500 teams left, the Cyclones, and 1-5 Caroline. Meanwhile, Monacan made its move up and still has four games left against teams .500 or better as of today. Patrick Henry, with three winnable games remaining, now sees Dinwiddie flying towards them in their rear view mirror. If the Generals can hand Hopewell their first loss Friday, Dinwiddie, once 1-3, would be 4-3 and knocking on the door of a top four seed depending on other results. Also up is Huguenot, while Powhatan has slipped out of the top eight, but not by much. But if they lose to Monacan Friday and Manchester next Friday, at 3-5, it could be tough to get back into the race in time. Lee-Davis needs to win out and get help, as their game next Friday against St. Christopher's doesn't count in the standings. With Orange already at five losses, we're essentially down to eleven teams for eight spots, and, more realistically, nine for six, as you can likely pencil Louisa and Eastern View in.

https://rvasportsnetwork.blogspot.com/2019/10/vhsl-football-region-standings-october.html

Eastern got little help from their district opponents ood games. However Louisa gets nearly none. I predict the #1 seed to be tighter than most people are writing. It may very well come down to winless Culpeper vs winless Kettle Run.

**Culpeper has one win** My mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
So, in a nutshell, the GW/Halifax game virtually decides who gets home field advantage (assuming both teams go along as planned)?

REGION 4B:

1) Louisa (7-0): 27.429
2) Eastern View (8-0): 26.0
3) Monacan (6-1): 24.857
4) Patrick Henry (5-3): 24.25
5) Dinwiddie (3-4): 23.571
6) Spotsylvania (5-2): 23.143
7) Chancellor (5-3): 22.625
8) Huguenot (3-4): 22.286
---
9) King George (3-4): 21.714
10) Powhatan (3-4): 21.429
11) Orange (3-5): 18.625
12) Lee-Davis (2-5): 18.571
13) Courtland (1-7): 16.875
14) Caroline (1-6): 16.571
15) Hanover (1-6): 16.286
16) George Wythe (0-7): 15.0

ANALYSIS: Eastern View gets their bye Friday, then two region rivals in the playoff race in Spotsylvania and Chancellor, while Louisa gets three teams outside the region (Fluvanna, Western Albemarle, Albemarle) with a combined record of 10-11. If the Lions and Cyclones win out, it will be close for the top spot. With three potential playoff teams left on their schedule, there's time for Monacan to jump into the top two should one of them slip. Patrick Henry only has 1-7 Armstrong and 2-5 Lee-Davis left, so not much opportunity to improve their position without some upsets. Patriot fans should be rooting for teams playing Monacan, Dinwiddie and Spotsylvania down the stretch. Speaking of Dinwiddie, they are "Exhibit A" when it comes to strength of schedule. Despite a 3-4 record, they are ahead of a 5-2 Spotsylvania and a 5-3 Chancellor thanks to playing, so far, six of seven teams on their schedule who are above .500. Their momentum will slow down the next two weeks with Colonial Heights and Meadowbrook on the schedule, and who knows where Thomas Dale will be in their race in Region 6A come November 8th. Huguenot's hold on the 8th and final bid is precarious, with 0-7 George Wythe and 1-6 Midlothian coming up. Wins are necessary, though they won't provide many bonus points. The Huguenot/Powhatan showdown on November 8th may be a play-in game for the #8 seed, unless King George can prevent that with three wins down the stretch (Courtland, Caroline, Spotsylvania). We're down to 12 teams, as Courtland, Caroline, Hanover, and George Wythe will all finish below .500, all five or more points out of eighth place.

OTHER CLASS 4 REGIONS:

Region 4A: 1) Warhill, 2) Lake Taylor, 3) Churchland
Region 4C: 1) Broad Run, 2) Tuscarora, 3) Liberty-Bealton
Region 4D: 1) Salem, 2) E.C. Glass, 3) Pulaski County

New this week: teams which have wrapped up postseason bids will be noted with (**). Teams that have played a private school team and will have their final rating number divided by nine, not ten, at the end of the regular season, will still be noted with (*) beside their record. We also check the top schools in other regions. The A and B regions will face off in state semifinal play on December 7, while Regions C and D will square off.

http://rvasportsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT