ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Season To Start March

I'm wondering how this extremely late start will affect the 2021 season.
2020 season will end May 1. 7v7 play and Spring/Summer workouts and then a new season starting in late August or September... Not much time between seasons!

Excellent question given the wear and tear of a season but most players are training to some degree in the offseason anyhow so it might be a minimal impact. I mean I don't know if they could start the season a couple of weeks later in 2021... maybe second week in September but then you are pushing the state championship back a week by that token.

Curious too to see how this impacts signing days and the recruiting process in general.

Reactions: springer76
Excellent question given the wear and tear of a season but most players are training to some degree in the offseason anyhow so it might be a minimal impact. I mean I don't know if they could start the season a couple of weeks later in 2021... maybe second week in September but then you are pushing the state championship back a week by that token.

Curious too to see how this impacts signing days and the recruiting process in general.
It could be advantageous to "very young" teams! They could be back on the field quick enough for the kids not to forget what was just learned!!
Teams that are "rebuilding" or "reloading" could be stressed more.

now that it is done I must say from a purely selfish point of view; I am NOT gonna miss football in August and September.. I will start off the year wearing my hoodie, gloves and boots.

now that it is done I must say from a purely selfish point of view; I am NOT gonna miss football in August and September.. I will start off the year wearing my hoodie, gloves and boots.

I recall a late August game with Matoaca at Manchester about 3-4 years ago and I don't think I've ever sweat so much in my life. I won't miss that but I will miss those crisp fall evenings when you just slap on a hoodie and you're good.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
I recall a late August game with Matoaca at Manchester about 3-4 years ago and I don't think I've ever sweat so much in my life. I won't miss that but I will miss those crisp fall evenings when you just slap on a hoodie and you're good.
The way LJ talked in the interview, could be seeing some double and even triple headers this year. Herm is big enough for some games, Varina and Huguenot. I’m looking forward to spring. Could see some very good match ups if they keep it regional.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT