James River H S – Midlothian – 1877 can request to move from Class 6 to Class 5
John Champe H S – 1932 can request to move from Class 6 to Class 5
Lake Taylor H S – 1046 can request to move from Class 4 to Class 3
Lebanon H S – 463 can request to move from Class 2 to Class 1
Liberty Christian Academy – 696 can request to move from Class 3 to Class 2

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1q6DTJ6oK0jlhpTAlg19Xu8cDhrO_j2xG/view

Reactions: 19GHS87
they did not; the only team to drop to 2 is Central Woodstock

I do not have any first hand knowledge of any of the behind-the-scenes details, but if I were someone affiliated with Central Woodstock I would be ready to kick the VHSL where it hurts. That poor school gets kicked around all the time and I don't see how they know who they are, what class they are, who they are supposed to be playing, etc. It has been that way for 40 years with them.

I do not have any first hand knowledge of any of the behind-the-scenes details, but if I were someone affiliated with Central Woodstock I would be ready to kick the VHSL where it hurts. That poor school gets kicked around all the time and I don't see how they know who they are, what class they are, who they are supposed to be playing, etc. It has been that way for 40 years with them.
oh they know who they are alright.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Wonder if the Covid will impact the numbers. Being in a school system, I know that there have been a larger than normal requests for early graduation...not just seniors graduating a semester early, but juniors trying to graduate a year early.

Reactions: bulldog1150
Wonder if the Covid will impact the numbers. Being in a school system, I know that there have been a larger than normal requests for early graduation...not just seniors graduating a semester early, but juniors trying to graduate a year early.
And prepare for a mass exodus to private schools that are providing face to face instruction if their normal public school is going virtual for the first semester.

For Immediate Release
Wednesday, September 2, 2020

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The VHSL Appeal Committee met today to hear appeals and make recommendations for final alignment for 2021-22 and 2022-23. The Appeal Committee voted 5-0 to present its final plan with justification for Executive Committee approval on September 23.

The following appeals were heard and acted upon:
1. Approved Buffalo Gap's request to play down in classification from Class 2B to Class 1B – 4-1 (approved)
2. Approved Caroline's appeal to move down in classification from Class 4B to Class 3B – 4-1 (approved)
3. Approved Giles' appeal to move down in classification from Class 2C to Class 1C – 5-0 (approved)
4. Denied Class 4B's appeal that Class 4 be divided into 8 regions with a range of 6-9 schools per region – 0-5 (denied)

The committee made it clear that declining enrollment numbers were the factors considered in their approval of appeals by Buffalo Gap, Caroline, and Giles to move down in classification.
The attached files are posted on the VHSL website under Alignment then Resources: https://www.vhsl.org/alignment/alignmentdistrictregion-table/

LOL!
Love the horn for the atmosphere to be honest. I remember they had it at Union when we played down there in the semi final.
Giles didnt get to blow it much the last 3 times they visited the Raiders though.

ADVERTISEMENT