ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NOVA Pick'em Week 1

falcettik

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 3, 2004
Welcome to this year's Pick'em for those who wish to participate. The season is now here and most teams start playing next week. Here in NOVA all but a handful of the games are being played on Thursday so please submit your picks by 7:00 pm on Thursday.

As usual for this early in the season there is little data upon which I can base my spread calculations. Add in that the several sites I refer to as back up are also going mostly on a team's performance for past seasons and that means I usually end up a bit off for the first few weeks.

Lake Braddock (-28) @ Colgan
Gainesville (-12) @ Potomac
Herndon (-35) @ Justice
Mount Vernon @ West Potomac (-14)
Yorktown (-24) @ WT Woodson
South County (-24) @ Robinson
Centreville (-17) @ Alexandria City
Falls Church @ Chantilly (-38)
Stone Bridge @ Madison (-6)
Patriot (-6) @ Westfield

lake braddock -28
Gainesville -12
Herndon -35
mount vernon
wt woodson
south county -24
Centreville -17
Chantilly -38
stone bridge
westfield

@falcettik -- Just confirming picks are vs. the spread provided as opposed to straight up winner(s) for each game. (e.g. if Lake Braddock wins by less that 28, that is a negative pick and no points)

@falcettik -- Just confirming picks are vs. the spread provided as opposed to straight up winner(s) for each game. (e.g. if Lake Braddock wins by less that 28, that is a negative pick and no points)
Yes, that is what I have always done to make it a bit more challenging :).

Reactions: pizzzzza
Lake Braddock
Gainesville
Herndon
West Potomac
Yorktown
South County
Centreville
Chantilly
Madison
Westfield

Lake Braddock (-28)
Gainesville (-12)
Justice (+35)
West Potomac (-14)
Yorktown (-24)
South County (-24)
Centreville (-17)
Falls Church
Madison (-6)
Patriot (-6)

Lake Braddock (-28)
Gainesville (-12)
Justice (+35)
Mount Vernon (+14)
Yorktown (-24)
South County (-24)
Centreville (-17)
Chantilly (-38)
Madison (-6)
Patriot (-6)

Just cause I'm curious - what would you have set the spread at for Hayfield v West Springfield?

Welcome to this year's Pick'em for those who wish to participate. The season is now here and most teams start playing next week. Here in NOVA all but a handful of the games are being played on Thursday so please submit your picks by 7:00 pm on Thursday.

As usual for this early in the season there is little data upon which I can base my spread calculations. Add in that the several sites I refer to as back up are also going mostly on a team's performance for past seasons and that means I usually end up a bit off for the first few weeks.

Herndon (-35) @ Justice
Stone Bridge @ Madison (-6)
Patriot (-6) @ Westfield
Thanks for taking your time to continue this tradition of fun competition, falcettik! I just hope I don't embarrass myself like last year, haha...

Reactions: falcettik
Lake Braddock (-28)
Gainesville (-12)
Justice (+35)
Mount Vernon (+14)
Yorktown (-24)
South County (-24)
Centreville (-17)
Chantilly (-38)
Madison (-6)
Patriot (-6)

Just cause I'm curious - what would you have set the spread at for Hayfield v West Springfield?
PhoenixHS, I have decided I am not going to have any picks involving Hayfield this year. I don't believe what has transpired there is right. It might be legal (doubtful, regardless of what FCPS says, IMO) but it is not right. That said, since you asked, I will offer my opinion - with the caveat that I don't know much about WS I will go with what the Overton sycophants are saying: Hayfield -40.

Colgan
Gainesville
Herndon
Mount Vernon
Yorktown
South County
Centreville
Chantilly
Stone Bridge
Patriot

Herndon (-35) @ Justice
Stone Bridge @ Madison (-6) (Warhawks win but not by 6... Addendum: this comment didn’t age well)
Patriot (-6) @ Westfield

Last edited:
Lake Braddock
Gainesville
Herndon
Mount Vernon
Yorktown
South County
Centreville
Chantilly
Madison
Westfield

PhoenixHS, I have decided I am not going to have any picks involving Hayfield this year. I don't believe what has transpired there is right. It might be legal (doubtful, regardless of what FCPS says, IMO) but it is not right. That said, since you asked, I will offer my opinion - with the caveat that I don't know much about WS I will go with what the Overton sycophants are saying: Hayfield -40.
100% with you on that. Regardless of whether the “rules” were followed or not, stuff like that isn’t in the spirit of hsfb

Reactions: pizzzzza
As always thanks for doing this! It is very appreciated.

Lake Braddock (-28)
Gainesville (-12)
Herndon (-35)
West Potomac (-14)
Yorktown (-24)
South County (-24)
Centreville (-17)
Falls Church(+38)
Madison (-6)
Patriot (-6)

Lake Braddock
Gainesville