ADVERTISEMENT

2A Baseball QF: Lebanon 15 Appomattox 1 - FINAL

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Class 2 State Baseball Quarterfinal Appomattox 1, Lebanon 15. Final.

Appomattox 1, Lebanon 4 after 1.

Appomattox 1, Lebanon 8 after 2.

Appomattox 1, Lebanon 10 after 3.

Appomattox 1, Lebanon 14, after 4.

Appomattox 1, Lebanon 14, after 5.

I was at the game last night watching Lebanon pitcher Matthew Buchanan and while Lebanon has a good team they didn’t have much class. I was watching guys bunt and steal bases when they were up 14-1 in the 5th. I thought maybe it was a mix up with signs but the one kid tried multiple times before he got the bunt down to move a runner over. I was also shocked that they left Matthew in for as long as they did with such a big lead. To have such a veteran coach he lost a lot of respect from me last night.

I was at the game last night watching Lebanon pitcher Matthew Buchanan and while Lebanon has a good team they didn’t have much class. I was watching guys bunt and steal bases when they were up 14-1 in the 5th. I thought maybe it was a mix up with signs but the one kid tried multiple times before he got the bunt down to move a runner over. I was also shocked that they left Matthew in for as long as they did with such a big lead. To have such a veteran coach he lost a lot of respect from me last night.

Part of your info is incorrect. Lebanon neither bunted a ball nor stole a base beyond the 4th inning.

As coach don’t know what’s worse team running up score or watching the other quit playing the game and taking one base at a time, I rather the team to keep playing and my team step up and stop them. When my team is in that situation I let players take over the game kinda play on their own I probably wouldn’t bunt but if hits a gap shot he gets what he can get .

No it was not I was there I remember the Appomattox coach yelling at the first base coach “it’s 14-1 and your bunting and stealing, there’s no mercy rule if you remember”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT