ADVERTISEMENT

2A Boys Hoops Top Ten Countdown

Agree - they were a no-brainer pick for #1 this year. Holland is back anchoring the middle, plus four others that contributed significantly to their title team in Dandridge, Bradley, Hairston and Martin. Could be on a collision course again with Dan River in the region playoffs and potentially in the State Final.

I can see Martinsville and Dan River facing each other a few times this year.

Dont sleep on Appomattox this year. Im telling u, it will be a force to be reckoned with. All the players are in football right now. We will be on that Top 10 midway through season. You can write that down.

Last edited:
Dont sleep on Appomattox this year. Im telling, it will be a force to be reckoned with. All the players are in football right now. We will be on that Top 10 midway through season. You can write that down.
I'll take your word for it - they were one of a few teams along with Brunswick (which I know may come as a shock to some people being outside it, but they lost so much), Buckingham and R.E. Lee-Staunton that were just outside...

Planning to do an article here soon when I can find some time, hopefully this weekend or early next week, outlining the 'Best of the Rest,' the top teams outside the Preseason Top 10 in each division that can jump in, so keep an eye peeled for that...

Mark my word, we will be in the mix and I promise we will go deep in playoffs. Its on the coaches. The talent is there in all positions.

I guess Martinsville will see yall when the time comes

Please don't forget about Greensville County down in Emporia Virginia, this team went 24-4 last year losing to Martinsville in the state Semi.... Jordan Peebles and a supporting cast is going to be tough to beat.

I know Greensville will be tough again this year.

So, Graham loses to Martinsville by one point in the regionals...... had an 8 point lead with 3 minutes left.... Lost only 2 seniors, but didnt crack the top 10??? They lost 3 games last year Twice to perennial WV powerhouse Bluefield and the one point loss to Martinsville, What am I missing?

They also beat Gate City #5 on the list and Union #7 on this list.

Last edited:
Reactions: AntGZee
Hard to argue your reasoning.

Only thing I can think of is that the 2 seniors that graduated were most likely last year's 2 best players.

2 graduates would cause that. I'm sure Graham will be in the mix.

Last edited:
Martinsville's jv team has been 40-4 the last 2 years and 3 starters off of those teams could not even make the varsity this year, so alot of times jv success doesnt mean success on the varsity level. Graham was really good last year but those 2 guards were absolute studs, they will be hard to replace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT