Strasburg 15 Buffalo Gap 7
Stuart’s Draft 11 Clarke County 5
Page 8 Central 1

Softball:

Madison County 1 Wilson 0
East Rock 5 Central 4
Buffalo Gap 8 Strasburg 0
Page 8 Clarke 1

The Region B 2A website is only about 6 months behind.

Region 2C Quarterfinals - Softball

Dan River 10 Buckingham 2
Appomattox 4 Gretna 1
Floyd County 17 Radford 5
Glenvar 8 James River 0

Wednesday Semis at Botetourt Sports Complex

Dan River vs. Glenvar
Floyd County vs. Appomattox

Region 2C Quarterfinals - Baseball
Chatham 12 Gretna 5
Appomattox 7 Dan River 6
Glenvar 3 Floyd County 1
Fort Chiswell 6 Giles 1

Semifinals Wednesday at Kiwanis Field in Salem
Glenvar vs Chatham 4pm
Appomattox vs. Fort Chiswell 7pm

BASEBALL, 2B SF:
@CougarsSd
@SHSRamsBaseball

Aric Gutt, Henry Cooke, Dawson Jones and Easton Martin with three RBIs apiece as the Cougars punch their
@VHSL_
Class 2 state ticket. Draft will travel to Page County on Friday for the Region 2B championship game.

FINAL (Baseball) Page County - 6 George Mason - 2

Panthers advance to Region 2B Title game and earn state tournament berth

TR Williams: 7 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 11

K Williams has no-hitter into 7th (gave up 2-run homer with 2 outs top 7) Tristan Gordon: 2-run homer

D7xcYHOXoAAXhC7

The Bull Run District will be formidable in about everything next year!

Madison Co
Clarke County
Strasburg
Rappahannock
Page County
Luray
East Rock
Stonewall Jackson

That’s a big change in district teams but probably the way it should be as proximitie goes to one another

Great district but East Rock to Clarke and vice versa is a haul.......Neither school can be happy about that on a Tuesday night

BASEBALL, 2B CHAMPIONSHIP: Stuarts Draft 9, Page County 4.

Boogie Saunders with a strong performance on the mound for the Cougars, who will host Nandua in @VHSL_
Class 2 quarterfinals on Tuesday while the Panthers will travel to King William.

Madison to/from George Mason was no fun either regardless of the day so I’m glad that one is gone. And Madison to/from Central during the week was a pain in the behind as well.
No argument from me at all. I get it totally. The new BRD will cause massive increase in travel from Clarke. No one cares unless you're from Clarke and I understand that fully as well (lol). They will have the most travel by far for any of the schools. Yes, I know Madison used to have that. However, Clarke to Strasburg is the closest trip at 30-35 min. Every other trip is an hour to almost 2 hours. That's a lot no matter how you shake it.........Regardless, it will be a very competitive district in all sports. Have a great summer as everyone gears up fall sports.

Couldn’t Clarke join the Northwest District or the one with Handley? I see a lot of mixed Districts. Would save on the travel.

I was looking at the travel for MC. Closest is 30-40 minutes to Rapp. The rest are similar to what Clarke has: 1-2 hours. Looks like Madison and Clarke cause the most travel for the new district.

Last edited:
We've made the trip to Clarke from Page for cross country a couple of times over the past several seasons. That's a long bus trip on a Wednesday evening. Madison's a good haul over the mountain as well.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
Couldn’t Clarke join the Northwest District or the one with Handley? I see a lot of mixed Districts. Would save on the travel.

I don't think Clarke is going to sign up for a district to play Handley/James Wood/Millbrook/Sherando with over double the student enrollment. Kind of like asking Madison to join the Jefferson District.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT