2K4's 1A Virginia Girls Basketball Top Ten 2019-20

Discussion in 'Class 1A (Winter)' started by 2kings4, Dec 1, 2019.

1. 2kings4

2kings4 VaPreps Rookie
    Expand Collapse

1) Surry-Why Surry? Because it is all she knows; For three straight years Bre’cha Byrd’s season has been ended at the state tournament by PM, and this is Byrd’s last chance to win state,80-10, 49-2 in region.

2) GW-There is only one team that will stop the Maroons this season and that team is the Maroons.
    3) Riverheads-Like all the east teams on this list they play a mostly 2,3,4A schedule and are more prepared for post season play then other 1A schools. Surry is Riverheads PM

4) Eastside-They can play ball, so don’t be surprised if they end Honaker, PH, or GW’s season late.

5) Patrick Henry-Their chances for a State title in 2019-20 is just as good as any team listed above.

6) Lancaster-Senior led team should be solid

7) Honaker-Will have to battle PH and Eastside, won’t be easy.

8) Stonewall Jackson-A lot of teams can go in the last three spots.

9) Parry McCluer-….

10)Rappahannock Co.-…Put your team here!

I know the PM fans think the success will continue, it will, but it won’t. Those kids were a very special group of girls that had played together since the 2nd grade. Making it to regionals will be the easy part, but to win state again will take more than just a great coach.

2K4’S 1A Virginia Girls Basketball 2019-20 Pre-Season All-State Sr. & Jr. Team
    PLAYER-SCHOOL-GRADE-PROJECTED STATS FOR 2019-20

SENIOR TEAM
    Bre’cha Byrd, Surry Co-Sr 24pts. 12reb.
    Shea Foxx, Galax-Sr 21pts. 14reb.
    Khalia Harding, Lancaster-Sr 19pts. 13reb.
    Kaylee Yates, Eastside-Sr 18pts 11reb.
    Makenzie Ingo, George Wythe-Sr 11pts. 15reb.
    Liyah French, Holston-Sr 17pts. 9reb.
    Olivia Atkins, Rappahannock Co.-Sr 15pts. 9reb.

JUNIOR TEAM
    Breanna Yarber, Patrick Henry-Jr 24pts. 15reb.
    Drea Betts, George Wythe-Jr 19pts. 5reb.
    Kylene Franklin, Stonewall Jackson-Jr 17pts. 11reb.
    Anna Whited, Eastside-Jr 15pts. 10reb.
    Peyton Phillipi, George Wythe-Jr 15pts 8reb.
    *Lee Anna McNulty, Honaker-Jr 20pts. and 12reb. could miss entire season
    BASED ON PREVIOUS SEASONS, THEIR CURRENT TEAM, AND THE AVAILABILITY TO FIND THE INFORMATION NEEDED. THE 13 BEST 1A VIRGINIA GIRLS ARE ON MY LIST ABOVE, BUT THERE’S 500+ OTHER GIRLS PLAYING 1A BASKETBALL IN VIRGINIA, SO YOU NEVER KNOW

Seniors Foxx and Byrd will not have the help they are used too, but they will step-up, their numbers should skyrocket, it will be on them to carry their team to where they end up. McNulty may be out for the entire season. Betts, Ingo, and Phillipi all three will put up big numbers all season, but to keep everyone happy at GW they must score 65+ points per game. Eastside’s Yates and Whited have no pressure on them, the rest of the west better come to play, or your season will be over...Yarber a junior at PH will put the stats up this season and is 2K4’s pick for the 1A Girl’s Player of the year in 2019-20.

2. Red_phx82

Expand Collapse

Don’t sleep on Rappahannock!! Last years team lost in the second round of regionals to West Point after almost all the starters fouled out.

3. champssrankings

Expand Collapse

Ok I will give you a pass on the Tigers for now because yes it’s confirmed that Lee Anna will miss the season. Or very Likely to at the least. The Tigers are still a very good team and I believe better than your 7 ranking. However I will agree maybe not as good as my number 2 ranking.

I’m sorry but the East has been way behind the West for many years. There’s no chance I see anyone other than Surry high on the list until proven otherwise.

I also have a problem with the PM ranking at 9. I’ve said many times that great coaches reload. They never rebuild. Gilbert took the last group of Freshman he had to the final 4. Which means they showed up to the Stage as a power house. Don’t you think he’s the one that was behind those kids putting all the work in from that early age? I expect he’s done the same with this group. I fully expect PM to play for the region title and advance to the State tourney. I also expect them to meet the Tigers in that state quarter final round.

Finals thoughts

It’s great to see a Girls Basketball debate. Many years ago ( about 15 to 20 years ago but who’s counting ) not many people showed a lot of interest for the girls side. I’ve graduated 3 girls and my oldest Coaches D3 for a small school. I think the girls game is much better to watch then the boys.

4. champssrankings

Expand Collapse

Here’s my list just to compare as the season moves on

1 GW
    2 PM
    3 Honaker
    4 Eastside
    5 Surry
    6 PH
    7 Lancaster
    8 Riverheads
    9 Galax
    10 anyone is welcome to name a sleeper here

5. 2kings4

2kings4 VaPreps Rookie
    Expand Collapse

My rankings are based off each region sending two teams to the state tournament, meaning it will come down to four teams east, and four teams west. The top four teams at seasons end will be two from each side, these four teams have to rank 1-4, verses 4 west teams 1-4.

PM plays in a cupcake division and will be the top seed, but I don’t see them beating GW. PM is 10th at best behind Honaker. Galax is the team I have coming out of Region C with GW and RR is my sleeper. Eastside and PH are the top two from region D with McNuIty out.

Surry won their season opener against a 4A school, I don’t see them not making the finals for the third straight year.

I have them with 6 or 7 seniors someone said they were a young team, but we deal with the same lack of information to analyze the east to deeply. 1A Girls B-ball gets a lot more press on one end of Virginia than it does the other. Go Rappahannock!

6. monty1234

Expand Collapse

Surry has won games of 78-0 (ARGS) and 70-0 (Windsor).

7. Soccerfan98

Expand Collapse

Zero respect for that. Definently not pulling for a team that has zero respect for their opponent. Be better than that Surry or play better teams. Ridiculous

7 Soccerfan98, Dec 7, 2019 at 11:11 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019 at 5:34 PM
    imabluesfan likes this.
  8. st8chmpLB

Expand Collapse

They are playing the teams in their district its the same as any other teams. Not the girls fault that the other team couldn’t score on the jv girls.

9. champssrankings

Expand Collapse

Surry Scores?????
    Wow I have to question those motives.
    Update Honaker although losing some is alive and well. Took two very tough opponents to the wire.
    I see no changes on my current projections at this time.

Soccerfan98 likes this.
  10. Baseball215

Baseball215 VaPreps Varsity
    Expand Collapse

Have you heard of the 4 corners

11. afitnupe75

Expand Collapse

You don't play your bench players to run four corners. As long as no pressing is going on the bench players need to execute their sets as well.

12. 2kings4

2kings4 VaPreps Rookie
    Expand Collapse

You're correct!
    It is odd someone blames Surry for another programs lack to compete.
    I think it is amazing to shut a team out completely.
    That is why they top my rankings.
    Last year when PM was beating up teams 88-5 and 78-4 they were the greatest, when Surry does it, it's disrespectful?

13. Baseball215

Baseball215 VaPreps Varsity
    Expand Collapse

If the score is 60-0 I’m probably stalling the ball