ADVERTISEMENT

3A Rankings

Sep 23, 2011
Haven't seen any ranking of any kind (which is sad) so I thought I would make one. Feel free to comment below with your top 10. Some of the records below may be off by a little.

1. Turner Ashby (13-0)
2. Brookville (11-0)
3. Hidden Valley (10-0)
4. Spotswood (11-2)
5. Broadway (9-4)
6. Monticello (10-1)
7. Magna Vista (9-2)
8. Warhill (10-2)
9. Poquoson (9-2)
10. James Monroe (9-2)

Others: Rockbridge County, Stuarts Draft, Lafayette, Cave Spring, Huguenot, John Marshall, Petersburg, Patrick County.

Hopefully, Va preps will come out with their rankings soon. I pretty much agree with your rankings. Turner Ashby would have to be number 1. Besides being undefeated, they have wins over Spotswood and Broadway. That is pretty impressive. I would probably have Spotswood at number 2. Despite their losses, they are still Spotswood, the 2 time defending champs. I think the top 6 teams are fairly equal and the state champs could easily come from any one of them. Here is how I would rank them

1. Turner Ashby (13-0)
2. Spotswood (11-2)
3. Brookville (13-0)
4. Hidden Valley (10-0)
5. Monticello (11-2)
6. Broadway (9-4)
7. Magna Vista (9-2)
8. Warhill (10-2)
9. Poquoson (9-2)
10. Liberty-Bedford (9-2)

While their record doesn't show it, I believe that Huguenot High School will make another run at the State Championship. This season has been very inconsistent, losing a key player and another playing having to wait til second semester to play. However one thing that has been consistent is Sophomore Taya Robinson. She is averaging 29 points per game. The team has seem to be coming together despite playing one of the toughest schedules in the state! They have had to play LC Bird, Monacan, Cosby and Midlothian twice each. Last night they lost to Cosby by 6 and Cosby is predicted to win the 6A State Championship again this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT