ADVERTISEMENT

4A East Final Dinwiddie VS. Lafayette

It's a huge game, no doubt, but we each have our respective lives and, at times, have to make decisions about what's more important to us...don't act like y'all don't have a tractor pull every weekend. I have a feeling you've heard this before....

Too bad but around here so many obligations and events going on. This Sunday is Colonial Williamsburg's Grand Illumination that draws from 15-20,000. The outlets are in full attack mode and the 75 or so restaurants here are all packed. On top of that on Saturday at 8 is the VT ACC championship game with Clemson. If the scheduled bus gets canceled (will know by end of day) my going may be in doubt as my usual associate to Lafsyette games cannot go and I am not inclined to travel alone.
It's only 1.5 hours to Dinwiddie and it's all easy ride. That's nothing. I'm shocked that missing this game would even be a consideration.

Reactions: wahoogen20
It's a huge game, no doubt, but we each have our respective lives and, at times, have to make decisions about what's more important to us...don't act like y'all don't have a tractor pull every weekend. I have a feeling you've heard this before....[
Never heard that before Mr. Rogers

It's a huge game, no doubt, but we each have our respective lives and, at times, have to make decisions about what's more important to us...don't act like y'all don't have a tractor pull every weekend. I have a feeling you've heard this before....
Never heard that before Mr. Rogers......I didnt mean to hurt your feelings lhs. I was just saying its a huge game and it seemed like it wasnt that important to the fans of the rams because of all the reasons that ram fans werent going to show up. Stop being so sensitive!

Wahoo are you questioning someone's fandom about not coming to the biggest game of the season to date? 2 weeks back I remember hearing a rumor that you missed the Generals game for a VCU BBall game against nobody. :D:D:D

Looks like the other thread got shut down...sadly, DinwiddieProud, I won't be able to attend the game on Saturday...too many family obligations.

LHS, I understand. I wish you could, but In the blink of an eye, family can be gone. I commend you.

For you and Lafayette, and others familiar with you area, can you recommended a decent, reasonably priced hotel within easy driving distance of Zabel Field. I'm going to the championship game regardless, but I'm sure other Dinwiddie fans would like to be thinking about a place should we win and get there. It's an easy drive for us from this area really, but I'm sure some plan to stay the night.Thanks

LHS, I understand. I wish you could, but In the blink of an eye, family can be gone. I commend you.

For you and Lafayette, and others familiar with you area, can you recommended a decent, reasonably priced hotel within easy driving distance of Zabel Field. I'm going to the championship game regardless, but I'm sure other Dinwiddie fans would like to be thinking about a place should we win and get there. It's an easy drive for us from this area really, but I'm sure some plan to stay the night.Thanks
Just so you know DP in advance the flag football championships are being held the same weekend at Warhill sports center (Wanner stadium complex) and the hotels are going fast

I would go with Holiday Inn Express right on Richmond Rd/ Rt 60. Pretty new and 5 minutes from Zable stadium with no turns! Just got my ticket for Saturday and of 15 minutes ago the bus is on for 11:00 am departure. Ps- 4a Final starts at 4:30, best you stay over and eat! Too dark too drive!

Just so you know DP in advance the flag football championships are being held the same weekend at Warhill sports center (Wanner stadium complex) and the hotels are going fast
Thanks, I should have booked something weeks ago. I knew I was going regardless. If someone post a few suggestions, I'm going to book something tonight.

The VHSL link for Williamsburg lodging is not active. Not that that would help much, but you have to wonder what gives?

Years ago, before Va Beach became a winter time getaway destination, my wife and I rode down one January weekend, just to get away for a couple of days. We couldn't find a room. There was some huge youth soccer tournament that weekend. We eventually got help from a guy I know down there, that knows a guy, that knows a guy...! But man, I was sweating bullets that I was going to have to just turn around and go home. Something funny happened that weekend too.

It was a day about like today, sunny and fairly warm. I let my wife sleep, and went out and bought coffee and a paper. I sat down on a bench on the boardwalk. Rollerblades were all the rage back then, I looked up to see a REALLY old guy slowly, very methodically, all bent over, making his way down the boardwalk. I was thinking to myself, that poor old guy could easily fall and break a hip. Somebody needs to get those skates away from him.

About the time he passed me, the guy on the bench next to mine looked up from his paper and said, "well, hi Bill". Bill spun around backwards on his skates, straightened up and said, "well hey John, you are out mighty early. And Bill kept talking as he picked up speed, going backwards, effortlessly. I guess this was a good example of the "book by the cover, thing".

I would go with Holiday Inn Express right on Richmond Rd/ Rt 60. Pretty new and 5 minutes from Zable stadium with no turns! Just my ticket for Saturday and of 15 minutes ago the bus is on for 11:00 am departure.

TERRIFIC. GOOD DEAL. LOOK FORWARD TO FINALLY MEETING YOU!

Reactions: gwb16
I know things can change , but back in 98 Lafayette brought very few fans to the state finals against Salem. The game was near Bridgewater College

Salem side was full when team buses drove up for the kids to dress. Lafayette wins AA State Championship any other year. That team still the gold standard in Salem
That Lafayette team still the best I have seen- a few recent ones are close!

COUNTRY BOYS! I love it wahoogen!!! I think Dinwiddie needs to get it trademarked lol!!
If a team calls themselves " city boys" , wouldn't that be a different negative take? I mean is the word "country" considered to be " tougher" because people from the country are meaner or nastier?! What makes a team want to be considered country? I have never heard a team call themselves " city boys" , guess that would be considered weak? Wahoogen, what is it about " country " that makes it cool?

Haaaa! Never man I'm a loyal fan! Will def hit you up next time I come up there with my boy! They atmosphere at the Siegel center is electric! The band is dope!
ALREADY! And yeah the band was a lot better the past 2 years but since we've gotten a new band director is just ok lol! You've probably seen me before. I always participate in the little games during timeouts and halftime. Come holla at me tho. I'm always in the front row of the student section. Hopefully my boy Jequan Lewis can give you another 25 point performance next time you come :D

If a team calls themselves " city boys" , wouldn't that be a different negative take? I mean is the word "country" considered to be " tougher" because people from the country are meaner or nastier?! What makes a team want to be considered country? I have never heard a team call themselves " city boys" , guess that would be considered weak? Wahoogen, what is it about " country " that makes it cool?
What about the small town boys? Do they get any love?

Depends , if you are talking about Salem, then that is a bad name , because Salem is not a small town. Maybe compared to Richmond. I will have to think of a good nickname for Sherando next year, see if it sticks! Haha

Nah. I'm from the city but went to county schools. Ain't nothing tough about being COUNTRY around Danville. Danville boys take pride about being from the city. People in Pittsylvania County, Halifax, MV and Martinsville area call GW "the City Boys" and it's not offensive at all. Now if you call them ghetto or something offensive then you might have problems on your hands. I think COUNTRY BOYS fit Dinwiddie well. When I think of COUNTRY I think of blue collar workers. They put their time in, smart and handle responsibilities it takes to live. I think it fits their "swag". No offense to my Dinwiddie family on here but if you've been to Dinwiddie then it's the COUNTRY lol.. From Alberta to US 1/Squirrel Level RD which is Petersburg but close enough to Dinwiddie Co, it's almost no mans land lol..I'll give them the title of COUNTRY BOYS lol.

Depends , if you are talking about Salem, then that is a bad name , because Salem is not a small town. Maybe compared to Richmond. I will have to think of a good nickname for Sherando next year, see if it sticks! Haha
Salem is a small city (25000) Could be called small town. (one high school in city/town)

yes sir I was there! it was a great moment of victory, Was really nice to see Pepper Martin get his first championship and a lot my son's fellow football players were on that team. Lost the football championship, but won the baseball that year.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
What about the small town boys? Do they get any love?
You know what get's love? Men. Salem won the Championship last year because they played like Men. They were NOT as good as LT. But they believed. They are almost like the Marines. Play your best. Play as you were trained and you cannot be beaten. You are the baddest ass in the Valley. And they believe it.

No disrespect for Country boys, Small Town boys or City boys. Play like Men and you walk away a winner.

GL to all this weekend.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
You know what get's love? Men. Salem won the Championship last year because they played like Men. They were NOT as good as LT. But they believed. They are almost like the Marines. Play your best. Play as you were trained and you cannot be beaten. You are the baddest ass in the Valley. And they believe it.

No disrespect for Country boys, Small Town boys or City boys. Play like Men and you walk away a winner.

GL to all this weekend.
LT were better in your mind and some others, but don't you think the whole LT was better thing and didn't play like it is getting old? Salem won the game, and deserve to be called the better team. The key word there is " team" . That was last year. So if Dinwiddie somehow loses the champ game this year , no matter what , the team that beats them is not the better team? Come on man!!!

yes sir I was there! it was a great moment of victory, Was really nice to see Pepper Martin get his first championship and a lot my son's fellow football players were on that team. Lost the football championship, but won the baseball that year.
Yeah I was there also. I cheered for Sherando. Hated my high school's baseball team. Some of the arrogant student athletes ever. Tunstall is a state powerhouse in baseball and those players were "gods" lol...I don't keep up with the program or high school baseball anymore. I was happy that Sherando won that day to say the least lol.. That was one humid Sunday morning. I was drenched with sweat.

Reactions: hamspear
LT were better in your mind and some others, but don't you think the whole LT was better thing and didn't play like it is getting old? Salem won the game, and deserve to be called the better team. The key word there is " team" . That was last year. So if Dinwiddie somehow loses the champ game this year , no matter what , the team that beats them is not the better team? Come on man!!!
Probably the most accurate thing to say is that Salem was the better team that day, the only day that mattered

Reactions: SalemPride
Yeah I was there also. I cheered for Sherando also. Hated my high school's baseball team. Some of the arrogant student athletes ever. Tunstall is a state powerhouse in baseball and those players were "gods" lol...I was happy that Sherando won to say the least lol.. That was one humid Sunday morning. I was drenched with sweat.
Well thanks for cheering us on! I actually was able to attend every playoff game that year! Had a amazing time. I remember the rhetoric around how good Tunstall was going to be, and they were very good to say the least. We had a very good pitching staff that year, and several of those players are playing at Shepherd now, one is playing semi pro baseball now , and a couple are playing college football. Good times

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Nothing was said about team. I gave Salem every level do respect. They won.

Of all people, you should know the better team does not always win. If Dinwiddie does not win the Championship this year, the best team will not have won. But it's one day. One chance. One opportunity. Anything can happen. Buster Douglas can beat MIke Tyson. That's what makes sports great.

I heard there was a "Gritty Committee" there.:p:p:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You really overthink this whole "country" thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT