ADVERTISEMENT

4A East Final Dinwiddie VS. Lafayette

Please get on the Spartan side Shanti. I thought you knew football and was a man of his word. Scared to stand up to your prediction. Just can't stand to be wrong. Lol.... Watch very closely the approach of the Dinwiddie offense once they got up by 21. They gave up 14 points defensively as well. Lol. How many teams would want that in a semi. Havent given up more than 21 all year. You guys crack me up. Coach Mills did all he needed. Didnt give Salem 1/4 of the playbook. I know you have no clue, because you only paid attention to the score. Lafayette played great against a very conservative offense and pushed our defense all day. Salem is a huge challenge and a traditional power, so it aint gonna be easy. Navy Nation respects the Spartans and will not disrespect them. Its gonna be fun. See you guys Saturday. To quote Shanti "good luck to both teams".

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Two things I saw from Lafayette:

They were able to move the ball against the General defense much better than expected.

The Ram defense was much better than anticipated.

Both things that should worry Dinwiddie fans because Salem is better both offensively and defensively than the Rams. Salem is also smarter. The first Dinwiidie scores were a result of Ram errors. A good team takes advantage of these things and he Generals did but they only sustained one drive in the entire game.

I've thought all year that this was the General's season but I'm on the fence now.
My interest in this game other than than the Dinwiddie people were so gracious I am pulling for them, it will give me another indication of the progress our program has made to compete in 4a at the highest level versus some of the older posts here doubting we belonged.

I agree Lafayette. As I previously mentioned, I was underwhelmed by the Rams against EV. They sure didn't look like the physically tough, determined team that showed up at Dinwiddie. They proved to me that judging them by that one game, and the strength of the teams that the Rams beat, was flawed. I agree. They belong.

I think the home team is determined by higher overall VHSL rating, which would make Dinwiddie the home team. I'm not certain, so anyone who knows definitively feel free to jump in. Salem has been the visiting team the past two years. Looks like the road white jerseys again for the Spartans.
Spartan, you are correct. The home team is the one with the higher VHSL rating when both have the same seeding.

Does "home" team really matter when both squads play at a neutral venue?

I suppose, to some degree. Away uniforms. Call of the coin flip. Concessions and facilities may be fewer and further away on the visitor side. The home locker room is much nicer than the visiting one (although still better than any HS) at W&M.

But if you can't get pumped up and ready for the Championship game, you have no business being there in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT