ADVERTISEMENT

4B is bigger and more powerful

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002
5f0f863a43293.image.jpg

Atlee, Henrico, Matoaca and Varina have the option to move to Class 4 because of their new enrollment figures.

https://richmond.com/sports/high-sc...cle_4621ba91-c658-5a29-aa95-d8fc55e83f71.html

Last edited:
If Henrico and Varina joins, Class 4 will be hands down the best class in the state and 4B will be.. OH MY GOD.. LOADED. I know you see this @mbonape1. Monacan, Wythe, Varina, Henrico, and Huguenot in the same region for basketball. Sheeeeeeeeeesh!

Reactions: AntGZee
that is what I am talking about.
Everybody is focusing on FB
But Hoops is gonna be wonderful

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
If Henrico and Varina joins, Class 4 will be hands down the best class in the state and 4B will be.. OH MY GOD.. LOADED. I know you see this @mbonape1. Monacan, Wythe, Varina, Henrico, and Huguenot in the same region for basketball. Sheeeeeeeeeesh!

yes, it will be very good and all of those teams legitimately churn out quality ball clubs year in and year out. No splash in the pans. All legit.

This is off topic but there is a kid on I think East Rockingham that is SICK!!! Name is Tyler Nickle from the town of Elkton. He is the real deal and a big man with game and major flavor! 6’8 with range too!

Reactions: AntGZee
VHSL Appeals Committee meets on 9/2.
I hear Caroline wants to go to 3B
there may also be some regional shifts

The Virginia High School League will hear an appeal in the coming weeks from Region 4B to split Class 4 into eight regions.

Region 4B will make its case for the change to the VHSL’s Appeals Committee on Sept. 2. That committee will make its recommendation to the VHSL’s Executive Committee, which will vote on Sept. 23 to determine the final alignment plan for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 scholastic seasons.

Currently Class 4 is made up of 58 schools. Region 4B, located primarily in the Richmond area, is the largest of the four regions with 21 schools. That region added five schools in a proposed mid-cycle plan from the Realignment Committee.

VHSL Appeals Committee meets on 9/2.
I hear Caroline wants to go to 3B
there may also be some regional shifts
Executive Committee will review on 9/24

Last edited:
Class 4, Region B will have more time to try to come up with a solution for its 20-school logjam when the Virginia High School League’s new alignment takes effect for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 seasons.
At its final alignment meeting on Wednesday, the VHSL’s executive committee granted the region a delay, likely until the committee meets in February.

“This will allow us to explore, among all four regions [in Class 4], some different scenarios,” said Region 4B chairman Bill Swink, the activities director at Spotsylvania High School.
The region includes Richmond-area schools, along with schools in the Fredericksburg and Charlottesville areas.

Adjustments to the VHSL’s four-year classification plan created the overcrowded region. After two years – in 2021-22 – schools can move up or down in one of the six classifications (Class 6 is for the highest enrollments) as enrollments change. Each class is divided into four regions.

they will have to divide into two subregions for all sports but football).
4B North Section and 4B South Section.
(Probable lineup as the Hanover County schools will want to stay together).

4B South Section
Dinwiddie
Varina
Henrico
Monacan
Matoaca
Huguenot
George Wythe
Powhatan

4B North Section
Eastern View
Chancellor
Courtland
King George
Spotsylvania
Hanover
Patrick Henry
Atlee
Mechanicsville

Playoffs
N1 vs S4
N2 vs S3
N3 vs S2
N4 vs S1

Last edited:
Nickle is legit. I had a chance to see him play against Radford, year before last in Richmond. Over the past few years, I've read about his exploits. I was hoping to see him in Richmond this year, but Coronavirus has ruined that.

The Comets have been playing Atlee almost yearly at States in Softball and Baseball back when they were in 5a. It's always been a great game between the two teams.

This is off topic but there is a kid on I think East Rockingham that is SICK!!! Name is Tyler Nickle from the town of Elkton. He is the real deal and a big man with game and major flavor! 6’8 with range too!
Tyler Nickel from East Rock. High D1 Recruit. Top 50 in the country. On pace to be Virginias All-time leading scorer. Stud!

Reactions: mbonape1
EeBx6KsWsAAmdVG

a concise summary of all the changes that affect the RVa Sports Network area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT