9. King George
10. Hanover
11. Powhatan
12. Courtland
13. Orange County
14. Lee-Davis
15. Caroline
16. George Wythe - R

This region is going to be pretty fun come playoff time.

And just think, if Spotsylvania were still Class 3, they would be in a great spot make a deep run this year.

1. Louisa
2. Dinwiddie
3. Eastern View
4/5. Spotsylvania
5/4. Hugenot
6. Monacan
7. Chancellor
8. Courtland/PH

I understand that Louisa is the front runner in 4B right now but are there any teams in this Region that will challenge them?

Louisa would love a rematch with EV! Hopefully on a good field!

Thanks to @Recruit804 for coming to experience The Jungle last week, and now ranking Louisa behind Highland Springs and Manchester in the RVA area! Glad to see more folks are using their eyes and making informed rankings instead of guessing or making assumptions!

PH-Ashland is #10 on their list, so maybe they should be ranked a bit higher in 4B.

Last edited:
1. Louisa
2. Dinwiddie
3. Eastern View
4/5. Spotsylvania
5/4. Hugenot
6. Monacan
7. Chancellor
8. Courtland/PH
KG 34, Stafford 21
Courtland 14 Stafford 35

I think KG should definitely be ahead of Courtland. Maybe not in the top 8 yet, but definitely not behind Courtland. Time will tell, but Courtland definitely appears to be down. I would probably swap EV and Dinwiddie, but they are definitely close. Good list (except for Courtland)

Louisa would love a rematch with EV! Hopefully on a good field!

Thanks to @Recruit804 for coming to experience The Jungle last week, and now ranking Louisa behind Highland Springs and Manchester in the RVA area! Glad to see more folks are using their eyes and making informed rankings instead of guessing or making assumptions!

PH-Ashland is #10 on their list, so maybe they should be ranked a bit higher in 4B.
Lmao

I don't think Courtland is down. They're almost as solid as last year, but KG, Liberty, and Stafford have improved over them. As usual, Courtland's style of play is holding them back. Liberty absolutely destroyed their Cover 2 defense with their fast break basketball offense.

What offense is KG running now?

Here's my stab at it....(Way out in front due to solid win over Ponax)
1. Louisa
2. Dinwiddie (Tough Tough OOD schedule! They are battle tested come playoff time)
3. Monacan (Battle Tested Come playoff time)
4. Eastern View (Hard to judge because of schedule)
5. Huguenot
6. Spotsylvania
7. Patrick Henry - Ash
8. King George
9. Chancellor
10. Powhatan
11. Orange County
12. Courtland
13.Hanover
14. Lee-Davis
15. Caroline
16. George Wythe - R

I don't think Courtland is down. They're almost as solid as last year, but KG, Liberty, and Stafford have improved over them. As usual, Courtland's style of play is holding them back. Liberty absolutely destroyed their Cover 2 defense with their fast break basketball offense.

What offense is KG running now?
KG is still running the Wing T as their base, but shift to a spread look quite a bit.

Reactions: LionNation540
Just to note....I saw a little bit of a middle school game last night between EV/Louisa's respective middle schools. You can count on some dominant players coming up through the ranks for both sides in the coming years. EV's team won pretty easily, but both teams have some scary looking players.

Reactions: LionNation540
Just to note....I saw a little bit of a middle school game last night between EV/Louisa's respective middle schools. You can count on some dominant players coming up through the ranks for both sides in the coming years. EV's team won pretty easily, but both teams have some scary looking players.
Same with KG. Saw them play Fluvanna's middle school and it was 52-0 at the half. Fluvanna forfeited the rest of the game due to injuries. Most lopsided game I have seen. Lot's of skill players moving up to KGHS in the next few years!

Here's my stab at it....(Way out in front due to solid win over Ponax)
1. Louisa
2. Dinwiddie (Tough Tough OOD schedule! They are battle tested come playoff time)
3. Monacan (Battle Tested Come playoff time)
4. Eastern View (Hard to judge because of schedule)
5. Huguenot
6. Spotsylvania
7. Patrick Henry - Ash
8. King George
9. Chancellor
10. Powhatan
11. Orange County
12. Courtland
13.Hanover
14. Lee-Davis
15. Caroline
16. George Wythe - R
I like your top four. But, if we are indicating how we think these teams end up ranked because of power points, then I think there will be some significant changes.

If Louisa and EV go undefeated, I think it's going to be hard for anyone else to push into the top two. Dinwiddie with two loses has to run the rest of the table to have any hope of being in the top four. Their saving grace might be that their three OOD opponents are going to end up between 29-1 and 27-1.

I think 5-10 are all a really good bet to be in the playoffs. The points difference between 7 and 10 will be really close at the end of the season. I think the last game of the season will decide who keeps playing, and who just misses. One last thought, I think, at this point, we need to keep Orange and Courtland in the playoff picture.

Reactions: FoxesPride
Courtland will be just fine even if this season turns into a minor setback. They are solid, just playing several folks bothways and getting tired in the 4th. Yes, the offense is well the JC offense! They had liberty down by two scores and just ran out of steam. However, the JV team is crushing people, winning by 30 or more and stand at 4-0. Only close win was Louisa and our freshman superstar RB missed that game with minor injury, I see him moving up soon. He is averaging 150 yards and couple scores a game, went for 140 and 3 TD's aguanst Orange last night, a 42-20 win that couls have easily been 60 -20! Anyways, JV team is loaded and carrying around 42 players, reloading and back on track next year.

any names from louisa Grad.

I like your top four. But, if we are indicating how we think these teams end up ranked because of power points, then I think there will be some significant changes.

If Louisa and EV go undefeated, I think it's going to be hard for anyone else to push into the top two. Dinwiddie with two loses has to run the rest of the table to have any hope of being in the top four. Their saving grace might be that their three OOD opponents are going to end up between 29-1 and 27-1.

I think 5-10 are all a really good bet to be in the playoffs. The points difference between 7 and 10 will be really close at the end of the season. I think the last game of the season will decide who keeps playing, and who just misses. One last thought, I think, at this point, we need to keep Orange and Courtland in the playoff picture.

This was my personal ranking of them not the power points.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
So hard to tell right now. Spotsy and EV seem to have great teams but have a very easy schedule. Another example, look at Courtland, they had Liberty beat yet lost on last minute drive. KG was unable to keep up with Liberty. JM beats Stafford and Courtland gets handled by Stafford. JM then gets man handled by Riverbend. The only sure thing right now is Louisa top dog.
So here is another question: Louisa and Dinwiddie have strong non-conference games. Eastern view has their typical soft schedule. Spotsy also soft schedule. What makes more sense? Win and get points while keeping your starters healthy going into conference play or play higher class, tough schools to prepare yourself for the competitive games during play-off time?

Reactions: OCBoy
So hard to tell right now. Spotsy and EV seem to have great teams but have a very easy schedule. Another example, look at Courtland, they had Liberty beat yet lost on last minute drive. KG was unable to keep up with Liberty. JM beats Stafford and Courtland gets handled by Stafford. JM then gets man handled by Riverbend. The only sure thing right now is Louisa top dog.
So here is another question: Louisa and Dinwiddie have strong non-conference games. Eastern view has their typical soft schedule. Spotsy also soft schedule. What makes more sense? Win and get points while keeping your starters healthy going into conference play or play higher class, tough schools to prepare yourself for the competitive games during play-off time?
In reference to "KG was unable to keep up with Liberty"...KG was going in for the go ahead TD with about 5 mins left in the game. That would have made the score 24-20 KG. Unfortunately we threw an interception in the end zone. Liberty then drove down and scored a late TD while our D started taking chances trying to get the ball back. KG was down key skill players and probably outgained Liberty, haven't seen the stats. The eye test tells me that a healthy KG beats Liberty by at least 2 scores. They really should have won that game, even with the injuries they looked like the better team. Not sure they have anything for EV, but it is not inconceivable that they finish the season 8-2. Chancellor and Spotsy (maybe Courtland) will be good tests. Their only issue is depth. When healthy they can compete with anyone, at least for a while. I agree with the confusion created by the unpredictability of some of these games. I was shocked by the Riverbend/JM game.

Reactions: Nuke91
In reference to "KG was unable to keep up with Liberty"...KG was going in for the go ahead TD with about 5 mins left in the game. That would have made the score 24-20 KG. Unfortunately we threw an interception in the end zone. Liberty then drove down and scored a late TD while our D started taking chances trying to get the ball back. KG was down key skill players and probably outgained Liberty, haven't seen the stats. The eye test tells me that a healthy KG beats Liberty by at least 2 scores. They really should have won that game, even with the injuries they looked like the better team. Not sure they have anything for EV, but it is not inconceivable that they finish the season 8-2. Chancellor and Spotsy (maybe Courtland) will be good tests. Their only issue is depth. When healthy they can compete with anyone, at least for a while. I agree with the confusion created by the unpredictability of some of these games. I was shocked by the Riverbend/JM game.
If KG scores then they keep up with Liberty... didn't mean to offend anyone. Go Foxes. Courtland lead most of the game.. except at the final whistle. I have KG over Courtland when the time comes. Just making a point it is hard to tell right now, who is a true contender.

If KG scores then they keep up with Liberty... didn't mean to offend anyone. Go Foxes. Courtland lead most of the game.. except at the final whistle. I have KG over Courtland when the time comes. Just making a point it is hard to tell right now, who is a true contender.
I am not offendable, non taken, just defending those kids that are working their tails off to get respect. I think a lot of teams are real thin, Courtland always is and we are having the same problem. Numbers are down and backups aren't always 2nd string...more like 3rd or 4th, and that dynamic changes a team drastically when injuries occur.

Reactions: Nuke91
I saw another post that put teams in tiers. I thought that would be a cool thing and less confusion. Here’s my shot at it:
Tier 1- Louisa, Eastern View, Dinwiddie
Tier 2- Spotsylvania, Huguenot
Tier 3- PH, Monacan
Tier 4- Chancellor, Courtland, KG
Tier 5- everyone else

Thoughts?

EV's opponents have a combined 1 win. Bottom line is if they want home play-off games they need to schedule then beat teams that will give them some points. Their problem is further exasperated by the Battlefield not getting many OOD wins so EV's district opponents don't get them many points either.

Reactions: mbonape1 and Nuke91
EV's opponents have a combined 1 win. Bottom line is if they want home play-off games they need to schedule then beat teams that will give them some points. Their problem is further exasperated by the Battlefield not getting many OOD wins so EV's district opponents don't get them many points either.
KG is 2-1 OOD with Washington and Lee left, so they should be 3-1 OOD this year. There is too much parity in the Battlefield aside from EV at the top and Caroline at the bottom. It's only going to get worse when Culpeper County ends open enrollment, bringing EV back down to earth and improving Culpeper, who I understand will be joining the Battlefield in the next few years.

KG is 2-1 OOD with Washington and Lee left, so they should be 3-1 OOD this year. There is too much parity in the Battlefield aside from EV at the top and Caroline at the bottom. It's only going to get worse when Culpeper County ends open enrollment, bringing EV back down to earth and improving Culpeper, who I understand will be joining the Battlefield in the next few years.

Culpeper has open enrollment?

I have defended their scheduling before because I understand why Orange and Cpep are on there given proximity. But Albermarle and Cville make no sense. Especially with Massaponax going to PA because they couldn’t find a game.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Battlefield is improving the teams excluding EV are currently 8-9, The Jefferson Excluding Louisa is currently 2-15. Really no point in this I just thought it was interesting because everyone thinks the Battlefield is just a pushover but in the early going it seems that the Battlefield is on the rise....

Battlefield is improving the teams excluding EV are currently 8-9, The Jefferson Excluding Louisa is currently 2-15. Really no point in this I just thought it was interesting because everyone thinks the Battlefield is just a pushover but in the early going it seems that the Battlefield is on the rise....
Oh, you're very correct. The JD has been horrid OOD this year, record-wise. Orange's saving grace is that their 3 opponents have 8 wins. However I was looking at recent history, not so much this year. If the trend continues EV may be okay and Louisa will need to keep scheduling the 'ponaxes of the world.

Well I did make a thread dedicated to the rise of the Battlefield down below. I hope Louisa ends up returning to it.

Not hardly. EV/Culpeper gap has NOTHING to do with any enrollment you want to bring up. It's all about coaching and admin that does things correctly.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
Culpeper has open enrollment?
That is what I have been told by those that would know. Apparently when EV was built they began allowing students to attend either school, much like Stafford County does. Seems the football players have coalesced at EV much like they do at Colonial Forge and North Stafford. Not sure how much that has helped EV, I can only guess that they have benefited from having some players that are zoned to attend Culpeper HS attend EV. Hopefully someone on here knows better and can clarify...

I have defended their scheduling before because I understand why Orange and Cpep are on there given proximity. But Albermarle and Cville make no sense. Especially with Massaponax going to PA because they couldn’t find a game.
People have been yacking about EV's schedule for years. Doesn't seem to affect them very much. The last 2 years they're season ended in the playoffs on last second/possession scores with Dinwiddie and Lake Taylor. I'm gonna guess if you ask the players on those teams they're gonna say EV was pretty tough.....no matter what schedule they had.

That is what I have been told by those that would know. Apparently when EV was built they began allowing students to attend either school, much like Stafford County does. Seems the football players have coalesced at EV much like they do at Colonial Forge and North Stafford. Not sure how much that has helped EV, I can only guess that they have benefited from having some players that are zoned to attend Culpeper HS attend EV. Hopefully someone on here knows better and can clarify...
That would be an incorrect guess. Last years Culpeper team had several players (starters) that transferred from EV to Culpeper because they couldn't get playing time on EV.

Not hardly. EV/Culpeper gap has NOTHING to do with any enrollment you want to bring up. It's all about coaching and admin that does things correctly.
I have no doubt that the coaching at EV is top notch. If my sons decide to play football when they get to HS, EV would be one of my top picks of places that I would want them to play because of the coaching. They run a top notch organization. If they have never had a player that was zoned to attend Culpeper HS then you are correct and I apologize. I live in Spotsy and would consider moving to EV's zone for my kids to play there, so I can only assume that there are parents that would make that decision without having to move.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT