ADVERTISEMENT

4C: #4 Kettle Run @ #7 Liberty

Nov 14, 2017
Winchester, Virginia
In 4C, the top 6 teams make it to the playoffs. With Liberty coming off of a win against Handley and looming behind Millbrook for the final playoff spot, could this be a trap game for Kettle Run? Liberty will want to keep their playoff hopes alive, while Kettle Run will be coming off of their first loss of the season against Sherando. Kettle Run won the first game last year by one point but lost to Liberty in the first round of playoffs. Any thoughts or predictions?

Reactions: Shruikan
In 4C, the top 6 teams make it to the playoffs. With Liberty coming off of a win against Handley and looming behind Millbrook for the final playoff spot, could this be a trap game for Kettle Run? Liberty will want to keep their playoff hopes alive, while Kettle Run will be coming off of their first loss of the season against Sherando. Kettle Run won the first game last year by one point but lost to Liberty in the first round of playoffs. Any thoughts or predictions?

This is definitely a trap game for Kettle Run. I doubt there's anyone on Liberty's schedule who they'd rather beat than their cross-county foe, and as you said they need this win to have a shot at the playoffs. If Liberty's receivers can haul in some passes and they can play like they did for a quarter or so against Sherando, they can stay in it.

That said I think Kettle Run is too solid across the board to lose this game. Liberty might need to rely on the big plays to keep with them while Kettle Run's modus operandi is long, sustained drives that wear the opponent down. It would be a big upset for sure.

Reactions: BigBWincCity
I don't think it's a trap game from the standpoint that these 2 teams are rivals and it's not like Liberty is a bad team. I don't think KR will overlook Liberty, and it's entirely possible that Liberty can win this game.

Reactions: BigBWincCity

It’s a rivalry game so absolutely possible. It’s also senior night for Liberty when we all know emotions start following. What’s great is this is the exact game scenario as last season except swap teams.

Realistically I don’t think it will happen. Kettle Run is just to big at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball for Liberty to handle. Liberty has big play potential on offense but KR really hasn’t given up big plays to many times this year.

I would say that this game might be like the KR vs. Millbrook game. First half is very close (maybe Liberty in the lead), the second half the cougar defense takes over to limit the eagles.

It’s a rivalry game so absolutely possible. It’s also senior night for Liberty when we all know emotions start following. What’s great is this is the exact game scenario as last season except swap teams.

Realistically I don’t think it will happen. Kettle Run is just to big at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball for Liberty to handle. Liberty has big play potential on offense but KR really hasn’t given up big plays to many times this year.

I would say that this game might be like the KR vs. Millbrook game. First half is very close (maybe Liberty in the lead), the second half the cougar defense takes over to limit the eagles.
It’s not senior night

Reactions: WarrentonCougar21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT