ADVERTISEMENT

4D: #5 William Byrd (9-1) @ #4 E.C. Glass (7-3)

Who wins?

• #5 William Byrd

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • #4 E.C. Glass

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't seen Glass this year. They could possibly match up well with Byrd. With that said I'm going with our Blue Ridge district rival Byrd. Sorry Glass guy's.

Byrd and Glass match up well period. The end of Glass' season wasn't great but could also simply have been the result of a tough Seminole wearing them down (as it seemed to with most other teams). A lot of people have ignored Byrd scraping by a bad Northside in OT this past Friday as well so not everything is perfect for them either.

1 TD either way, I'll lean towards Byrd.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
Byrd and Glass match up well period. The end of Glass' season wasn't great but could also simply have been the result of a tough Seminole wearing them down (as it seemed to with most other teams). A lot of people have ignored Byrd scraping by a bad Northside in OT this past Friday as well so not everything is perfect for them either.

1 TD either way, I'll lean towards Byrd.
I believe Northside's youth in the beginning of the season hurt them. You can actually see that team getting better each week. They gave SR trouble in the 1st half. They should've beat LB and could've beat Byrd. I believe Northside will beat Abingdon and come to Moneta in round 2 full of confidence. SR won't be sleepwalking this time. At least I hope not. Byrd vs Glass is intriguing. 2 excellent coaches squaring off in round 1.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Not a fan of Byrd but they should win this game pretty easy against a imploding EC Glass team.
This is the second time you have said this. I'm just wondering, do you believe there is something going on internally with Glass? The word "imploding" usually refers to something collapsing from within. Just wondering why you say that.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT