ADVERTISEMENT

4D: #7 Amherst County (6-4) @ #2 George Washington (9-1)

Who wins?

• #7 Amherst County

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • #2 GW Danville

Votes: 35 66.0%

• Total voters
I am going to take GW. I think Amherst is tough and a damn good team at their celling. But they are too inconsistent to bet the farm on. GW’s offense is ridiculous but let’s see if they can hold a quality ball club to under 30pts.

47-34 GW advances.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
It's very likely that they will play Shelby. I think Shelby's only loss was to a powerhouse team from South Carolina.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I am going to take GW. I think Amherst is tough and a damn good team at their celling. But they are too inconsistent to bet the farm on. GW’s offense is ridiculous but let’s see if they can hold a quality ball club to under 30pts.

47-34 GW advances.
I think Amherst suspensions and kicking one of their best players off team will hurt.I hope i'm wrong but it good get ugly in many ways.

Reactions: mbonape1
What are you talking about
Did you notice anything 1st half Friday night?I heard suspensions was given and also one of Amherst best players got kickoff team.I won't say players name until I find 100% proof.Wikki you haven't heard anything?

Did you notice anything 1st half Friday night?I heard suspensions was given and also one of Amherst best players got kickoff team.I won't say players name until I find 100% proof.Wikki you haven't heard anything?
Just one this week but he didn’t play Friday

Must not have been a key player because no one said anything

Just one this week but he didn’t play Friday
The information I was getting last night say he is gone and he was one of the best players on the team.I hope I'm wrong but to many people is saying it.It might've happen after Friday nights game.The kid should've been dealt with this summer.

Reactions: MrSir#5
The information I was getting last night say he is gone and he was one of the best players on the team.I hope I'm wrong but to many people is saying it.It might've happen after Friday nights game.The kid should've been dealt with this summer.
This week I think, he is good but you have to do what you have to do

Obviously suspensions or other issues could hurt. All that being said GW is the favorite . GW Danville has one blemish and that is the loss to Amherst 55-45 after leading early. Also, Amherst has played a brutal schedule with defending champions Salem, Blacksburg and GW Danville plus the very difficult Seminole. GW has played a very soft schedule except for Amherst County and they lost that one. Before I get beat up I know Salem has not exactly shined this year and GW Danville obviously has an elite offense. The three keys will be those possible off field issues with Amherst County , turnovers and penalties. GW Danville is sort of a William Byrd to me right now before they took Staunton River to the brink and beat up Botetourt. Amherst County according to some of their fans has been prone to mistakes. Should be a great game. Good luck to both teams.

Obviously suspensions or other issues could hurt. All that being said GW is the favorite . GW Danville has one blemish and that is the loss to Amherst 55-45 after leading early. Also, Amherst has played a brutal schedule with defending champions Salem, Blacksburg and GW Danville plus the very difficult Seminole. GW has played a very soft schedule except for Amherst County and they lost that one. Before I get beat up I know Salem has not exactly shined this year and GW Danville obviously has an elite offense. The three keys will be those possible off field issues with Amherst County , turnovers and penalties. GW Danville is sort of a William Byrd to me right now before they took Staunton River to the brink and beat up Botetourt. Amherst County according to some of their fans has been prone to mistakes. Should be a great game. Good luck to both teams.
Penalities terrible but not many turnovers.

Penalities terrible but not many turnovers.
Amherst probably had one of the toughest schedules. They played awesome this Friday, seemed to redeem themselves after the Heritage game. Ross was injured in that HHS game which hurt and didn’t play the second half but they still would not have won because they just had no defense and couldn’t stop Davis

LCA and JF considered soft? Magna Vista? That’s 4 quality teams there. Can’t help what district we play in. A lot of teams don’t have but 1 or 2 quality teams on their schedule.

A little salty aren't we? You have to admit Amherst played a much tougher schedule. It's not even close. That's all I'm saying. I didn't say you weren't capable of winning which is the point you made about William Byrd all year up until the last two weeks..Danville beat all the powder puffs. They did a good job putting up seventy against 1-9 Bassett who lost to the last place team in the Seminole. They may win the state . But they will have to beat some better teams to do it like everyone else big guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: wikki
A little salty aren't we? You have to admit Amherst played a much tougher schedule. It's not even close. That's all I'm saying. I didn't say you weren't capable if winning which is the point you made about William Byrd all year up until the last two weeks..Danville beat all the powder puffs. They did a good job putting up seventy against 1-9 Bassett who lost to the last place team in the Seminole. They may win the state . But they will have to beat some better teams to do it like everyone else big guy.
I hope you get your chance to come to Danville!! So you can see what all the fuss is about. We will put points on the board all your team has to do is put up more! Hope to see you soon!!!

I'm just happy we made the playoffs. Again, not trying to put down Danville . They have played a great season.

A little salty aren't we? You have to admit Amherst played a much tougher schedule. It's not even close. That's all I'm saying. I didn't say you weren't capable of winning which is the point you made about William Byrd all year up until the last two weeks..Danville beat all the powder puffs. They did a good job putting up seventy against 1-9 Bassett who lost to the last place team in the Seminole. They may win the state . But they will have to beat some better teams to do it like everyone else big guy.
@Lewis918777 LOL!! This guy!

I hope we get that chance. We have six guys on crutches so just to let you know I am holding that as possible excuse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT