ADVERTISEMENT

59 - 58. Luray wins Region B Girls

Guys I'm not disputing other teams have won 2A (or D2) girls basketball titles lol. I'm only saying that in recent memory, 2D has been the top dog. Six straight and several times, the title game was two M7 teams.

Reactions: VAHoops1
I guess you will get your answer next week.
I'm
Guys something has went sideways here. Never did I say Region D was unbeatable or even the favorite this year. Just that Wise, the 3 in a row champ, is out and if a M7 team wins it'll have to be a team that hasn't won it all.

Guys I'm not disputing other teams have won 2A (or D2) girls basketball titles lol. I'm only saying that in recent memory, 2D has been the top dog. Six straight and several times, the title game was two M7 teams.
Correct. Until Region B proves otherwise then I stand by my statement.

Still can’t believe ER was D1! But I think that was when the region b was divided in half with top half being D2 and bottom half being D1.
It does seem wild, they seem to me to be a pretty large 2A school but I guess not lol. I'd still wager ER had quite a few more students than Appalachia or Burton lol

Reactions: VAHoops1
I watched Region B all year. I know what I saw.
This still doesn’t answer how they stack up against SW Va.
Luray starts 3 soph's,1 freshman and 1 jr,they are very athletic but don't have a lot of height,the future looks very bright for their program,also their J V team won the Bull Run district crown in a tight one over Page,who also has some good young players,I look for them to be a big challenge next year.

Luray starts 3 soph's,1 freshman and 1 jr,they are very athletic but don't have a lot of height,the future looks very bright for their program,also their J V team won the Bull Run district crown in a tight one over Page,who also has some good young players,I look for them to be a big challenge next year.
Luray will definitely be in the mix for the next couple of years. Their JV team was good. Win or lose this week, they aren’t going anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT