ADVERTISEMENT

(6) Courtland 6-4 @ (3) Louisa 10-0

Courtland @ Louisa

• Louisa

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • Courtland

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
This match up is a rematch of an earlier season game that Louisa soundly won. Courtland has called out Louisa and EV asking for a rematch and well they are going to get what they asked for.

Louisa is probably going to crush them again. It would be better for Louisa if Courtland could give them a game.

Zin white the star running back stated in the paper after beating JM that they wanted another shot at Louisa or EV so now the cougars have a chance! Sometime you get what you ask for! Good luck cougars !

Zin white the star running back stated in the paper after beating JM that they wanted another shot at Louisa or EV so now the cougars have a chance! Sometime you get what you ask for! Good luck cougars !

Do you think they have a chance to beat Louisa?

This is a true story. I know a guy that went to a party, had too much to drink, mouthed off to a guy, and got his butt beaten so bad they had to take him to the emergency room.

Fast forward about three months, same guy, sitting at the bar at a local watering hole, (Warren's Grill in Petersburg, for any old die hards), bragging that he was sucker punched and if he ever caught up with the guy there would be hell to pay. Want to guess who was sitting at a table in the bar? Want to guess who ended back up in the ER?

The moral is that you better be able to walk the walk if you talk the talk. Also, "be careful what you ask for, because some times you get it".

But honestly, I like that attitude. Get up, say "you got me once", but now you got to do it again, then again and again if you can, "cause I ain't quitting"!

You guys are hilarious! Louisa is going to win the rematch, just being home and Fishers last season is fueling a magical season for them. However, as a college football analyst likes to say not so fast my friend "Lee Corso" Louisa is not the same as game #1 and Courtland is also not the same whipping boys they were in the first game. If I may be allowed to be a little nieve, this will be a veru good competitive ball game. After the game 4 EV debacle coach hall made several moves that have panned our nicely albight agianst average teams at best. Courtland was not ready for Louisa in the first game even thought they had 9 months to think about them Courtland has moved personnel around and brought a couple biggins up from JV.
This is a fact and that Ct will deploy an offensive and defensive line that 4 of the 5 are over 6-2 300 lbs and one tips the scales at 372 (Fields) and moves like he has skates on. They are going to spy Bell as he hurt them the most in the first game. Courtland has nothing to lose, they rotsre on a couple players and more importantly settled on a QB after game 4. Saheem #6 is one of the fastest kids in the state and if he can sell the read option and get a seem you will not catch him. Zin is the same, if he csn just get a small hole or get just past the D-line he is gone, just explosive 2nd gear! So, Cougars are much bigger and would say both are equal in team spead. Ct needs Louisa to make a couole mistakes and the need to slow Bell and B. Smith because you not going to stop them. They have a chance? Perfect game, capitalize any mistakes and just play all out, I am sure JC is going to bring it all and have them ready to go. In the end CT is two horses short of a full stable for this playoff year, 2018 is the year of the Cougar with one of the most talented backfiels all back next year. Oh, can someone please kidnap the Louisa announcer? Cant stand listening to that guy Good luck everyone!

Funniest joke I’ve heard on here in so long. It almost made me piss myself. Not happening!

They may not win it, only reason I would root for them, as I dont have a 4a team, but ill root for them and a few others as they have been doubted and I have family lives there.

But they are 10-0, no close games, and have just as much chance as anyone else. Maybe they will be saying later on "we shook up the world."

This is a true story. I know a guy that went to a party, had too much to drink, mouthed off to a guy, and got his butt beaten so bad they had to take him to the emergency room.

Fast forward about three months, same guy, sitting at the bar at a local watering hole, (Warren's Grill in Petersburg, for any old die hards), bragging that he was sucker punched and if he ever caught up with the guy there would be hell to pay. Want to guess who was sitting at a table in the bar? Want to guess who ended back up in the ER?

The moral is that you better be able to walk the walk if you talk the talk. Also, "be careful what you ask for, because some times you get it".

But honestly, I like that attitude. Get up, say "you got me once", but now you got to do it again, then again and again if you can, "cause I ain't quitting"!
Were you the guy that drank too much? Lmao just messing with you man.

Reactions: gwb16
They may not win it, only reason I would root for them, as I dont have a 4a team, but ill root for them and a few others as they have been doubted and I have family lives there.

But they are 10-0, no close games, and have just as much chance as anyone else. Maybe they will be saying later on "we shook up the world."
Pioneer knows I was messing with him and jabbing at him

Calling it now....Louisa going to win state championship....

They certainly have the talent to win it all. Having to go on the road against 3 battle tested teams against Monacan, Dinwiddie, and KF is gonna be hard.

Now if Louisa can knock off Monacan, and Eastern view knocks off Diwiddie, then Louisa would get a regional final game at home. I would have them favored. If anybody but KF wins Region A then Louisa would have a state semi final at home.

We just have to see how it pans out. First step is take care of Courtland.

Reactions: Lions1983 and gwb16
Courtland will give Louisa a run for their money, with Louisa probably wearing them down in the 2nd half. Having seen Tuscarora, Louisa, Brooke Point, Stafford, and Eastern View in person, I can assure you that EV was the best of those teams, with Tuscarora right behind them. I believe EV beats Louisa by two scores...time will tell. EV is definitely much improved from last year.

Courtland will give Louisa a run for their money, with Louisa probably wearing them down in the 2nd half. Having seen Tuscarora, Louisa, Brooke Point, Stafford, and Eastern View in person, I can assure you that EV was the best of those teams, with Tuscarora right behind them. I believe EV beats Louisa by two scores...time will tell. EV is definitely much improved from last year.

I think EV is super explosive, but they haven't played a power football team like Louisa. I wouldn't be so sure they would win that match up. A lot of football to be played before that match up matriculates.

Reactions: VAHSFootballFan
EV is a very “strong” team. They have a excellent weight lifting program. They won’t get pushed around easily.
You are very correct. The last couple of years, EV was always the fresher team in the 4th qtr regardless of the outcome due to their conditioning. That doesn't mean a team with a huge line (not just fat) with a great running back couldn't give them trouble up the middle. I think it would be very hard for any team to get yards on them trying to get to the edge our going outside the tackles.

I think EV is super explosive, but they haven't played a power football team like Louisa. I wouldn't be so sure they would win that match up. A lot of football to be played before that match up matriculates.
I’d put a lot of money on EV beating Louisa but I don’t see why we are talking about that matchup other than what the KG fan pointed out. Chancellor Courtland Orange and King George have all said the same thing when talking about the two teams.

Reactions: VAHSFootballFan
I’d put a lot of money on EV beating Louisa but I don’t see why we are talking about that matchup other than what the KG fan pointed out. Chancellor Courtland Orange and King George have all said the same thing when talking about the two teams.

I agree but it always seems to magically always circle back to Louisa vs EV somehow in every 4B thread. I honestly think it is bc there are more Louisa and EV posters so it just happens naturally. Fun to debate

I agree but it always seems to magically always circle back to Louisa vs EV somehow in every 4B thread. I honestly think it is bc there are more Louisa and EV posters so it just happens naturally. Fun to debate
I think it’s because of the close proximity. Too bad it wasn’t like the good ole days when Louisa was in the Battlefield because that matchup would have definitely happened.

Reactions: mbonape1
I think it’s because of the close proximity. Too bad it wasn’t like the good ole days when Louisa was in the Battlefield because that matchup would have definitely happened.
....and the good older days when Varina was in the Battlefield too.

Other than Courtland's opinion, I'm not sure I care about Chancellor, KG, or Orange's opinion of Louisa/EV. Fluvanna would probably tell you Charlottesville is better than Louisa because they beat them by 70. Bad teams aren't the best barometer for how good a team is. EV has clearly mastered the art of destroying bad football teams as that is all they have played. That is including Courtland at the time they played because this Courtland team now vs. the one from the 1st 4 games is very different. In that same vein so is the Louisa team. Other than WA, I think Courtland was probably Louisa's worst game and they still won by 40. I think this Friday will be much closer though. Should be a nice crisp evening for some playoff football.

Reactions: mbonape1
Other than Courtland's opinion, I'm not sure I care about Chancellor, KG, or Orange's opinion of Louisa/EV. Fluvanna would probably tell you Charlottesville is better than Louisa because they beat them by 70. Bad teams aren't the best barometer for how good a team is. EV has clearly mastered the art of destroying bad football teams as that is all they have played. That is including Courtland at the time they played because this Courtland team now vs. the one from the 1st 4 games is very different. In that same vein so is the Louisa team. Other than WA, I think Courtland was probably Louisa's worst game and they still won by 40. I think this Friday will be much closer though. Should be a nice crisp evening for some playoff football.
Lol SMH

Reactions: hamspear
You could also make the argument that Louisa hasn't beat anyone that's very impressive. C'ville has absolutely no defense, and Monticello is a 3A team with a decent offense that also would have problems with Courtland.

Reactions: hamspear and OCBoy
Not sure why all the discussion of EV/Louisa. Lots of variables has to happen to get this matchup. Maybe if the two ADs are reading these posts maybe they could make this happen as a non-district matchup.

So we don’t want to get gtpride or anyone of the Lion faithful more worked up. Although the last time these two matched up (@louisa) I believe EV came out of the den with a victory. Lol.

I do think Courtland will give them a better game this week but Louisa will pull away in the 2nd half. Coach Hall will have his team prepped just as Fischer will on the Lions sideline.

You could also make the argument that Louisa hasn't beat anyone that's very impressive. C'ville has absolutely no defense, and Monticello is a 3A team with a decent offense that also would have problems with Courtland.
No doubt. Our schedule was weak this year, mainly because the Battlefield was down. We schedule what is usually 2 of the best 3 teams in the Battlefield in Chancellor and Courtland but they happen to being having bad years. I don't fault EV for the schedule they played. They also attempted to schedule some good non-district teams in Turner Ashby, Brentsville and Orange but all had down years.
My only point is I have read on here probably a half dozen times that Courtland, Chancellor, King George and Orange have all convincingly claimed that EV is the better team. These statements carry little weight to me because bad football teams are not the best gauges of good football teams. EV has absolutely dominated their schedule. Way more so than Louisa. I just don't happen to think that matters. I will say it is very impressive that the coaching staff at EV keeps those kids focused for each and every one of those games. I hope that each of the top 4 seeds win because above all I'm a fan of good high school football and I can't wait to see what happens in 4B.

The other moral is don't go to a bar in Petersburg
Tommy, all the joints in Petersburg are gone. Believe me, as a firefighter in the 70's and 80's, I've been to all of them. But the city has gone so far down the tubes, there are none left. (Some really nice places in "Old Town", if you are a millennial). And most of us guys from that era are looking for a dose of Metamusal, instead of a bottle of beer!

Nah, Chuck, I'm crazy, but I ain't "stupid". Besides, I like my teeth too much.

Not sure why all the discussion of EV/Louisa. Lots of variables has to happen to get this matchup. Maybe if the two ADs are reading these posts maybe they could make this happen as a non-district matchup.

So we don’t want to get gtpride or anyone of the Lion faithful more worked up. Although the last time these two matched up (@louisa) I believe EV came out of the den with a victory. Lol.

I do think Courtland will give them a better game this week but Louisa will pull away in the 2nd half. Coach Hall will have his team prepped just as Fischer will on the Lions sideline.

Haha! :D Why do people always think I'm worked up? I just like the discussion. Can I disagree without being worked up? I did go to law school because I like to argue so I guess I enjoy it but others think I'm mad. Anyway I'm not sure how we got to the EV/Louisa thing again. Now that HoosFan is gone I guess I might be the only regular Louisa poster. I think this game will be way closer than the first time. Courtland is playing with a lot of confidence and Louisa hasn't played a full game without a big lead all year other than WA. I honestly hope it is a good game and the Lions pull it out in the end.

Haha! :D Why do people always think I'm worked up? I just like the discussion. Can I disagree without being worked up? I did go to law school because I like to argue so I guess I enjoy it but others think I'm mad. Anyway I'm not sure how we got to the EV/Louisa thing again. Now that HoosFan is gone I guess I might be the only regular Louisa poster. I think this game will be way closer than the first time. Courtland is playing with a lot of confidence and Louisa hasn't played a full game without a big lead all year other than WA. I honestly hope it is a good game and the Lions pull it out in the end.
I don't see how the Courtland defense will be any better than it was.

Reactions: OCBoy
Just messing with you Gt. I agree with you.ets let’s hope the top 4 won and have 4 11-0 teams duke it out.

Who are you kidding? Hoosfan hasn’t gone anywhere!

Louisa should move back to the battlefield.

Reactions: OCBoy
Being a Courtland fan, I’d love to hope that the cougars and Coach Hall have enough to beat Louisa. I do think it will be a better game than the first go around, but the Lions should prevail by at least 2 TDs.

My goodness though....second round full of 11-0 teams is a real likelihood. Some really really good football teams won’t make it to thanksgiving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT