ADVERTISEMENT

(6) Courtland 6-4 @ (3) Louisa 10-0

Courtland @ Louisa

• Louisa

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • Courtland

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
Gee Culpeper grad I didn't think anyone on here that was old enough to remember when Varina was in the battlefield along with Matoca! Can you remember that?
I’m lost when he said varina that’s way before me knowing anything about Culpeper

No doubt. Our schedule was weak this year, mainly because the Battlefield was down. We schedule what is usually 2 of the best 3 teams in the Battlefield in Chancellor and Courtland but they happen to being having bad years. I don't fault EV for the schedule they played. They also attempted to schedule some good non-district teams in Turner Ashby, Brentsville and Orange but all had down years.
My only point is I have read on here probably a half dozen times that Courtland, Chancellor, King George and Orange have all convincingly claimed that EV is the better team. These statements carry little weight to me because bad football teams are not the best gauges of good football teams. EV has absolutely dominated their schedule. Way more so than Louisa. I just don't happen to think that matters. I will say it is very impressive that the coaching staff at EV keeps those kids focused for each and every one of those games. I hope that each of the top 4 seeds win because above all I'm a fan of good high school football and I can't wait to see what happens in 4B.

Just because a team is outmanned and not as good as their opponents, doesn't mean they can't have an opinion on who is good. And I want Louisa to win if I have to pick, but all of these bad teams that shouldn't have an opinion like you said all had the same opinion.

I'm not nearly as athletic as I was when I was younger, I wasn't too shabby back then, but not world class or anywhere close. So I would be bad against a world class athlete, I can still tell you who's better between 2 athletes or teams

Reactions: gwb16 and OCBoy
Gee Culpeper grad I didn't think anyone on here that was old enough to remember when Varina was in the battlefield along with Matoca! Can you remember that?
Sure I'm old. "86" is my age, not the year I graduated ;0). I think the classic Battlefield lineup was Spotsy/JM/Courtland/Caroline/Culpeper/KG/Louisa

Wow 86 I finally found someone on here older than me! Congrats on your 86 years hope you have many many more years@

Just because a team is outmanned and not as good as their opponents, doesn't mean they can't have an opinion on who is good. And I want Louisa to win if I have to pick, but all of these bad teams that shouldn't have an opinion like you said all had the same opinion.

I'm not nearly as athletic as I was when I was younger, I wasn't too shabby back then, but not world class or anywhere close. So I would be bad against a world class athlete, I can still tell you who's better between 2 athletes or teams

You can have an opinion and so can they, I just said I wouldn’t put to much stock in it. Just like if you played pick up basketball against Lebron and Durant and the both kicked your butt I wouldn’t really care who you thought was better.

Reactions: OCBoy
You can have an opinion and so can they, I just said I wouldn’t put to much stock in it. Just like if you played pick up basketball against Lebron and Durant and the both kicked your butt I wouldn’t really care who you thought was better.
Kind of like if EV , dinwiddie , or Monacan kicks Louisa butt. Doesn’t really matter which one right? Is that what you are saying?

Reactions: mike salem
Courtland posters, I know White moved to fullback and the QB has changed, any other major personnel moves?

I imagine JC has stuck with the double wing and are still playing 4-3 Cover 2 on D. Any scheme changes in the 2nd half.

I thought 79 was a monster when these teams met in Week 1

Yes Zin moved to full back and Kamron and DJ to wingbacks. Which magically inproved things, Zin has over 1,400 yards on the season. They moved a couple biggins up from JV and totally rearranged to o-line adding even more bulk. No joke the o-line averages 6-2 ish and 4 of the 5 are over 300 pounds with 79 tipping the scale at 372. The smalest o-line is a guard, he is only 6' 270! I think thr biggest thing was settling on one QB going with Jr. Saheem Lewis who is ridiculously fast. Opening uo agianst Louisa did them no favors as the youngsters got it handed to them and the offense was trully without an identity. They played the last 6 games with multiple injuries, at one point we had up to 6 starters out hurt. Fully healthy now, identity intact and full of Zins wa nting another shot, will give them a game. They have to fo something will Bell, he has been thier best player all year. Courtland has also ran some read option and threw a little more at times. Ct should totaly be 8-2 they beat Liverty up and down the field 4 fumvles and a kickoff killed them. They played the same agianst Stafford, a game they should have won. They will make a game if it this time, well maybe?

Yes Zin moved to full back and Kamron and DJ to wingbacks. Which magically inproved things, Zin has over 1,400 yards on the season. They moved a couple biggins up from JV and totally rearranged to o-line adding even more bulk. No joke the o-line averages 6-2 ish and 4 of the 5 are over 300 pounds with 79 tipping the scale at 372. The smalest o-line is a guard, he is only 6' 270! I think thr biggest thing was settling on one QB going with Jr. Saheem Lewis who is ridiculously fast. Opening uo agianst Louisa did them no favors as the youngsters got it handed to them and the offense was trully without an identity. They played the last 6 games with multiple injuries, at one point we had up to 6 starters out hurt. Fully healthy now, identity intact and full of Zins wa nting another shot, will give them a game. They have to fo something will Bell, he has been thier best player all year. Courtland has also ran some read option and threw a little more at times. Ct should totaly be 8-2 they beat Liverty up and down the field 4 fumvles and a kickoff killed them. They played the same agianst Stafford, a game they should have won. They will make a game if it this time, well maybe?
Have they done anything to improve the defense? That will be the issue

Have they done anything to improve the defense? That will be the issue

From what I've heard, the d-line is destroying people right now. As courtlandcougars1987 posted they are big upfront and pretty athletic. Louisa is not big on either line (biggest lineman maybe 270?). I think Courtland definitely has the advantage on the line on both sides of the ball. Add that to the power and speed of White and Lewis and this game is a toss-up. Actually I'm starting to think Courtland should be favored. With Louisa playing the weak teams in the JD for the past 7 weeks, they will need to step their game up for this one. Hopefully the seniors on the Louisa team remember how to play 4 quarters of football from last year.

From what I've heard, the d-line is destroying people right now. As courtlandcougars1987 posted they are big upfront and pretty athletic. Louisa is not big on either line (biggest lineman maybe 270?). I think Courtland definitely has the advantage on the line on both sides of the ball. Add that to the power and speed of White and Lewis and this game is a toss-up. Actually I'm starting to think Courtland should be favored. With Louisa playing the weak teams in the JD for the past 7 weeks, they will need to step their game up for this one. Hopefully the seniors on the Louisa team remember how to play 4 quarters of football from last year.
....cause Courtland has been playing murderers row lately. I really hope that is a sarcastic post. Courtland will get smoked.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Let’s be real here Louisa might win a squeaker, Hoosfan hyped up this team all year, but the defense hasn’t played a good offensive team, except the Ville. And when they did they gave up a ton of points in the second half against starters . The Ville floundered in the first half , and gave away points but I doubt Courtland has the team to win this game. Louisa in a semi close one that make everyone wonder about the next week. Louisa 42 Courtland 21. And Monacan awaits.

I agree with that assesment however, I believe it will be a score closer and Louisa survives the scare. To anwser the wuestion about the defense, tgey agian shifted kids in to different positions and added beef the the interior line. They did a very good job containing Whalen in game one, but let Bell loose and theres your issue. If you concentrate on one the other or others can burn you. They allowed the one 40 yard run by Jones I think, but that was it, 5-6 yards at a pop the rest of the game which Ct. Has to improve on and thsts where the extra large bodies should help. The linebacker play #44 is how the defense trully goes. He makes the calls and should be a 1st team LB selection. So we will see, it trully comes down to the trenches, CT has the size advantage, speed t.v. hey are equally the same, Louisa just executes thier plays and they are quick at getting them started, I really like how crisp and fast they run thier plays. I know Spotsy was not much of a game, but they run the single wing and really have a good QB and backs, so CT has just seen this offense does that help any? Time will tell. I would love to be able to say did you feel that? No it was not another earth quake, but goliath just fell in Mineral

No matter what the score of this game is, if Louisa doesn’t at least win by 3 or 4 scores they are not a state contender. That’s just how the first round should be for a team they have been proclaimed to be. My opinion is this, first team that contains Louisa run game wins big. It won’t be Courtland this week.

I agree with that assesment however, I believe it will be a score closer and Louisa survives the scare. To anwser the wuestion about the defense, tgey agian shifted kids in to different positions and added beef the the interior line. They did a very good job containing Whalen in game one, but let Bell loose and theres your issue. If you concentrate on one the other or others can burn you. They allowed the one 40 yard run by Jones I think, but that was it, 5-6 yards at a pop the rest of the game which Ct. Has to improve on and thsts where the extra large bodies should help. The linebacker play #44 is how the defense trully goes. He makes the calls and should be a 1st team LB selection. So we will see, it trully comes down to the trenches, CT has the size advantage, speed t.v. hey are equally the same, Louisa just executes thier plays and they are quick at getting them started, I really like how crisp and fast they run thier plays. I know Spotsy was not much of a game, but they run the single wing and really have a good QB and backs, so CT has just seen this offense does that help any? Time will tell. I would love to be able to say did you feel that? No it was not another earth quake, but goliath just fell in Mineral

Love the quote! I’m pumped for Friday. Will be fun to finally see a good game. I heard a rumor that Danny McBride aka Kenny Powers was a Courtland alum and was going to be in town. If so that is awesome!

No matter what the score of this game is, if Louisa doesn’t at least win by 3 or 4 scores they are not a state contender. That’s just how the first round should be for a team they have been proclaimed to be. My opinion is this, first team that contains Louisa run game wins big. It won’t be Courtland this week.

Agree. If someone totally shuts down the run they can’t win by only throwing. Passing game is better than years past but that’s not saying much.

So the first game between them was over in the 1st qtr. Final 41-7. I wonder what the biggest point-spread a team has made up when playing a team twice in one season. Louisa won by 34 the first time. I'm gonna say they will be winning by more than that at some point in this next game.

Reactions: Lions1983
So the first game between them was over in the 1st qtr. Final 41-7. I wonder what the biggest point-spread a team has made up when playing a team twice in one season. Louisa won by 34 the first time. I'm gonna say they will be winning by more than that at some point in this next game.

I just think that game was so long ago that it’s hard to say how it will compare to this one. Heck when I was in high school we lost one week to a team 27-14 and were down 27-0 in that game and then played them the next week at their place no less in the playoffs and beat them 7-6. Anything can happen in a single game.

No what I am saying is this, and air will make it clear. First team that shuts down Louisa’s run game will beat them. It may or might not happen. But I am not confident in any Louisa ability to throw the ball. Just my opinion , what you think Hoos.

No what I am saying is this, and air will make it clear. First team that shuts down Louisa’s run game will beat them. It may or might not happen. But I am not confident in any Louisa ability to throw the ball. Just my opinion , what you think Hoos.

That’s what I thought you meant the first time and still agree with you. I miss Hoos being here to say the outlandish things about Louisa so I can take the more common sense approach.

That’s what I thought you meant the first time and still agree with you. I miss Hoos being here to say the outlandish things about Louisa so I can take the more common sense approach.
I guess you are answering for Hoos or are Hoos . Thanks for the common sense approach.

Louisa has the 6'4 reciever, they have more of a throw it up go get it mentality. They attempted 3 or 4 passes in the first game and connected on one for about 5 yards. They went long on one pass that was a jump ball that got batted away. Ct has to slow the run, make a couple defensive stops and by all means have a pulse on offense. LB. BS had a field day in game one on defense. You are going to see more read option and swing passes to the backs. They had some of that last week agianst spotsy. 6'4 372 pound #79 has got to be a presence and cause havoc. They also need a few uncharacteristic mistakes by Louisa. I know it is a long shot, but just have this itchy feeling the the Louisa announcer will sau thanks for supporting the team, see you next year!

Louisa has the 6'4 reciever, they have more of a throw it up go get it mentality. They attempted 3 or 4 passes in the first game and connected on one for about 5 yards. They went long on one pass that was a jump ball that got batted away. Ct has to slow the run, make a couple defensive stops and by all means have a pulse on offense. LB. BS had a field day in game one on defense. You are going to see more read option and swing passes to the backs. They had some of that last week agianst spotsy. 6'4 372 pound #79 has got to be a presence and cause havoc. They also need a few uncharacteristic mistakes by Louisa. I know it is a long shot, but just have this itchy feeling the the Louisa announcer will sau thanks for supporting the team, see you next year!

Fair assessment. Passing game is just to keep you honest. Mostly chuck it up to the big kid. Stop the run, stop the Lions. Same formula for the past 15 years or so.

Fair assessment. Passing game is just to keep you honest. Mostly chuck it up to the big kid. Stop the run, stop the Lions. Same formula for the past 15 years or so.

IDK they have a few tricks up there sleeve this year. Don't assume if you haven't been at the games. I agree that is their bread and butter but they have been working on a few pass plays. The QB throws a surprisingly good ball. Seems good at the mid-distance throws and the longer touch passes. Wouldn't consider him a timing passer. I do agree that if you stop the run you stop Louisa but they can sneak a few on you in the air if your not careful. A good run game can open up the pass. Just ask LC Bird.

Reactions: gtidepride
Ah this Louisa EV crap again? They're both gonna be underdogs in round 2 if they even get out of round 1!
Amen I’m tired of it but you kind of had a part in initiating it with a post a few weeks ago in reference to who people thought would be good matchups with that poll. Many have just taken it and ran too far with it because that matchup will not happen this year. I don’t foresee Louisa nor EV winning a state championship this year.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT